Zach Wilson: "Could Be Ready for Week 1"

7 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I don't purport myself to be a doctor or any kind of medical/injury expert.   All I know is Zach hurt that knee twice in less than a year.  The second time when an angry ghost tackled him.   You think a couple of weeks is fine for him to run full out during a game or take hits from NFL defenses.  I don't.   

I don't know - I'm not a doctor, I'm not familiar with the intimate details of his injury, I didn't evaluate him to see if his knee is fully healed, I didn't evaluate him to gauge whether his knee is in "game shape," etc., The point is that the Jets have a medical staff who try to answer these questions. They then tell Saleh, along with Wilson himself, when he's physically able to practice. 

What you or I might guess, quite frankly, is meaningless. 

7 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

As a common sense guess?   I'd say Zach should have been shelved for around 4-5 weeks to heal, receive physical therapy, and get back to throwing/game shape.

Right, so "4-5 weeks" is based on nothing more than uninformed guessing. The Jets know a lot more about his injury than you or I. "Common sense guesses" don't mean much in this context. 

And again, Saleh has stated that the guy would need a full week of practice before playing - I think that gives the coaching staff time to evaluate whether they think the guy is actually ready to play in a game. 

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Did you hear this at 31 Flavors last night?

Seriously, I have believed this all along.  I bet at practice yesterday and today, zach was out there lightly practicing.  This kid will be a go for week 1.

Its happening Jet fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wasn't your initial diagnosis a season ending ACL injury?

• Haha 4

32 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

He'll be ready.

They won't play him.  Nor should they.

The question is whether they even dress him and make him an emergency QB for the game.  If not, who is QB3 in Week 1?

Imagine Zach coming back in Week 1 and tweaking that knee again, the third injury in 12 months.  COMMON man!

Streveler QB1, Flacco QB2. N/A QB3

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tommyduhamelshouse said:

My family member is at the event and mingling with all of the players, including ZW.

$1500.00 a head.

He asked him point blank.

That was Zach's response.

Take it with a grain of salt but, that's directly from the horse's mouth.

Wait ... you have family?

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Medically cleared to play is not the same as the knee is now fully healed.  Countless players in every sport have been rushed back into action only to see them hurt again or shorten their professional sports lives..  Again, Zach's knee has been hurt and operated on twice in less than a year.  I don't believe two weeks worth of rest/rehab is enough to get it into NFL game shape.   If he does push it, don't be surprised if he re-injures the leg.  And that will be on Saleh.

Pretty sure it was not operated on the first time.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Agreed . Let him practice with the starters for several weeks before throwing the kid in, again. I want what’s best for the Success of the team and Zach Wilson’s health and preparation are the key  to start things off in the right direction. 

So, have Zach practice with the starters for several weeks but not play and have  Flacco or White go into the game without practice reps with the starters. That's a recipe for success 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

But another week will make all the difference?

It might.  Zach is a borderline NFL QB as it is.  (I'd argue he's unqualified for the job.)  So now, sitting for three weeks, he will just magically jump back into practice and be ready for a game against the ravens' defense.  God speed.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, nj meadowlands said:

Zach was telling people this?  Or someone at the lunch said that Zach was telling people this?

I watched the team get off the bus, and Zach Wilson was not there.

I found a Tweet from a Jets fan clearly showing ZW getting off the bus and headed inside.