Zach Wilson: "Could Be Ready for Week 1"

26 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

It might.  Zach is a borderline NFL QB as it is.  (I'd argue he's unqualified for the job.)  So now, sitting for three weeks, he will just magically jump back into practice and be ready for a game against the ravens' defense.  God speed.

Love to hear a factual analysis of "unqualified'..holy hell

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, tommyduhamelshouse said:

My family member is at the event and mingling with all of the players, including ZW.

$1500.00 a head.

He asked him point blank.

That was Zach's response.

Take it with a grain of salt but, that's directly from the horse's mouth.

I'd probably throw a few bucks down that your "family member" is just @Joe W. Namath

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Love to hear a factual analysis of "unqualified'..holy hell

Remember Darnold?  There are still people (possibly you) holding onto dear life that he will, miraculously, find NFL level talent.  Of course, most of us who saw plain as day that he could never achieve this were met with the same crap about a "quantifiable" analysis/derision.  How'd that go?   Sometimes, when you see as lack of NFL skills looking at you in the face, they are really there.   Hold on now....That's Zach Wilson, too.   Eventually, you'll be forced to see this reality.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Remember Darnold?  There are still people (possibly you) holding onto dear life that he will, miraculously, find NFL level talent.  Of course, most of us who saw plain as day that he could never achieve this were met with the same crap about a "quantifiable" analysis/derision.  How'd that go?   Sometimes, what you see as lack of NFL skills looking at you in the face, they are really there.   Hold on now....That's Zach Wilson, too.   Eventually, you'll be forced to see this reality.

Man it must be a rough life being such a pessimist all the time. Zach has one of the strongest arms in the league and seems to be improving his accuracy when he came back from injury. But sure, be negative. Why are you even a fan of the Jets? Most fans I know are rooting like crazy for this kid

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Man it must be a rough life being such a pessimist all the time. Zach has one of the strongest arms in the league and seems to be improving his accuracy when he came back from injury. But sure, be negative. Why are you even a fan of the Jets? Most fans I know are rooting like crazy for this kid

^^^ Reads like a Darnold-era post too.

You're proving @munchmemory's point on this one.  

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, tommyduhamelshouse said:

My family member is at the event and mingling with all of the players, including ZW.

$1500.00 a head.

Is that the Jets' lunch thing?

2 hours ago, munchmemory said:

I don't purport myself to be a doctor or any kind of medical/injury expert.   All I know is Zach hurt that knee twice in less than a year.  The second time when an angry ghost tackled him.   You think a couple of weeks is fine for him to run full out during a game or take hits from NFL defenses.  I don't.   As a common sense guess?   I'd say Zach should have been shelved for around 4-5 weeks to heal, receive physical therapy, and get back to throwing/game shape.

Should bring back Darnold, slap on a headset, and park him on the sideline to call out those ghosts.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

He'll be ready.

They won't play him.  Nor should they.

The question is whether they even dress him and make him an emergency QB for the game.  If not, who is QB3 in Week 1?

Imagine Zach coming back in Week 1 and tweaking that knee again, the third injury in 12 months.  COMMON man!

That might be the beginning of the end for him if it happened. 

15 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Parents who are disappointed when their kids goof up and tear them a new one, hate their own children.

”Why are you even a parent if you don’t want your own kids to succeed???”

Yes, the “you must not be a Real Jets Fan™” arguments sound just as dumb.

29 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Do not f*cking play him. 

The potential benefits do not outweigh the risk. There's no need to rush him. 

This

The kid was still walking around in a sleeve a few days ago and hasn’t practiced in 3 weeks.

Throw Flacco out there Week 1 and pound the sh*t out of the ball with Hall and Carter.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, tommyduhamelshouse said:

$1500.00 a head.

Uh, were any older female relatives of yours there? Were they cautious? 

3 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Well you also said Josh Allen is a running back and he’s now the best QB in the league. So excuse me if I don’t take your Zach Wilson assessment all too seriously 

Yeah I was totes wrong on Darnold too!  Egg on my face on that one!

If you want to believe Zach Wilson can be the next Josh Allen, the biggest outlier in recent NFL history at the QB position, I won't keep you from your hopes and dreams.  Just don't expect me to be nice about it when I and many others say "told ya so", again. 

For now, your lashing out at anyone being "negative" about Wilson is pretty childish.  We've all seen this movie play out before.  It doesn't end well.

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Parents who are disappointed when their kids goof up and tear them a new one, hate their own children.

”Why are you even a parent if you don’t want your own kids to succeed???”

Yes, the “you must not be a Real Jets Fan™” arguments sound just as dumb.

I just don’t see the negativity towards the kid. He has one of the strongest arms in the league already and can definitely be successful. Instead of saying “hey he could be a good player let’s see how he turns out this year” you got guys already dismissing him as a bust lol. Makes no sense to me. So if he does do well and is successful I don’t want to see these same people here cheering for him 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yeah I was totes wrong on Darnold too!  Egg on my face on that one!

If you want to believe Zach Wilson can be the next Josh Allen, the biggest outlier in recent NFL history at the QB position, I won't keep you from your hopes and dreams.  Just don't expect me to be nice about it when I and many others say "told ya so", again. 

For now, your lashing out at anyone being "negative" about Wilson is pretty childish.  We've all seen this movie play out before.  It doesn't end well.

You realize if he turns out to be good you’re never gonna hear the end of it and honestly shouldn’t even be able root for him lol

• WTF? 1

1 minute ago, Rhg1084 said:

You realize if he turns out to be good you’re never gonna hear the end of it and honestly shouldn’t even be able root for him lol

I'd rather be wrong and the Jets finally have a franchise QB than be right and get to make fun of people like you.  It's getting old having no QB for 20+ years. 

The entertainment value posters like you provide me just isn't worth that cost.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

So just for the record you think he’ll be a complete bust? Average QB? backup?

Much like Darnold, I don't think QB's like him are built to be good backups, so unlikely on the latter unless he fundamentally changes the way he plays.  Good backups are game managers.  Wilson doesn't strike me as a game manager.  Nor should anyone want him to be.

I think ultimately there could be a path to him being a below average QB in this league, but that's obviously not what you look for out of a # 2 overall pick in a QB class with 4 other guys getting taken in the top 15.  

I do like him better as a prospect than Darnold, though that's not saying much and has hindsight as a guide.  I wanted Darnold coming out of school.  I didn't want Wilson.  My hope was that not wanting Wilson would mean he'd end up good.  So far, I'm less confident of that than I was on draft day.  And I wasn't confident in him, so....

• Upvote 1