Curry to IR, LB Harris re-signed

mrcoops

This is where one has to ignore their initial reaction - consensus seems Frustrated/not happy - and remember that this is what they referred to as “roster gymnastics.”

We’re not aware of the full details and motives, thus why some baffling moves have posters complaining,  but this is exactly what JD gets paid to do. Final tweaks - usually depth - before the curtain closes for his act and the season begins and the product will speak for itself. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

17 minutes ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

This is where one has to ignore their initial reaction - consensus seems Frustrated/not happy - and remember that this is what they referred to as “roster gymnastics.”

We’re not aware of the full details and motives, thus why some baffling moves have posters complaining,  but this is exactly what JD gets paid to do. Final tweaks - usually depth - before the curtain closes for his act and the season begins and the product will speak for itself. 

Unless Curry does something very tangible this year, which I'll bet he will not it was stupid to keep him in the roster at the expense of others.

Roster spots are gold this time of year.  I see no reason that this is some clever slight of hand.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Unless Curry does something very tangible this year, which I'll bet he will not it was stupid to keep him in the roster at the expense of others.

Roster spots are gold this time of year.  I see no reason that this is some clever slight of hand.

I completely agree. 

but when the Jets said at a PC (IIRC) there would be a lot of “roster gymnastics” that was a harbinger, to me, that they would be doing a lot of these types of moves: cuts, PS, IR usage (ST vs season ending), waivers. And like always, head scratching moves like Curry, annoys US EXPERT INTERNET GMs, lol, who can’t understand the move, but we just have to remember that we’re not privy to all the details. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

The whole curry thing is idiotic.  We lost players via waivers due to him being on the roster and now he goes in the ir.

3 hours ago, IntoTheGreen said:

Why wasn't this done ahead of cuts to keep Pinnock? Males no sense...

Because they couldn't put him on short term IR before the cut to 53, and they want him on the team as the year progresses. Not sure whether that's the right call, but there was no other option if that was the outcome they wanted

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I think a lot of people here believe that Pinnock (or another good player) was lost because of the strategy to move Curry to short-term IR via the initial 53-man roster.  I think the reality is that Pinnock wasn't going to make the 53-man roster regardless.  Normally when the Curry maneuver is executed, there's a handshake deal, usually with a vested vet that doesn't go through waivers, that the player will be released and then brought back one day after final cuts, just to be able to get the kept player on short-term IR.  I thought that the re-signed player was going to be Tevin Coleman, but it turned out to be Marcell Harris (with some rumors saying that it was going to be McDermott).

It seems that, in reality, Pinnock was beat out by Marcell Harris (and theoretically, Ashtyn Davis and Tony Adams, at the Safety position), for a 53-man roster spot, not Curry - who was just the subject of some paperwork jockeying, and that the Jets were only hoping they could get Pinnock onto the practice squad (not the 53) if he cleared waivers.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

14 hours ago, mrcoops said:

Interesting, I guess the Conor McDermott return isn't happening.

Leaves us still very thin at OT, but improves LB depth.

Conor McDermott or chuma edoga playing = our QB gets killed. Couldn't be happier both are gone. I'd rather roll with the unknown in mitchell. AVT can play tackle in a pinch as well and we have good interior depth.