College Games -- WEEK 1

Paradis

Couple of fun games tonight -- I believe WV vs PITT is the co headliner along with PSU at Purdue.

couple players to watch -- PITT WR Jared Wayne (haaaamilton!) and this Nicholas Singleton RB for PSU is got some hype coming off the summer. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

With all the player movement strange seeing some of these qbs on different teams than they are associated with.

Kedon Slovis now with Pittsburgh, JT Daniels with west Virginia.

Not a bad game just an awful gaff by the Pitt punter resulting in a blocked punt.  The old, O I will run upwards and to the outside towards the line before I punt....blocked

Lots of good players in this one.  Had to watch 30 min condensed game but will watch again later in full.

Love the Pitt front 7 and Stills on the DL for WV.

Did Abanikanda get hurt?  Saw one carry early and then nothing until his TD rec?  Like him as a complete back.

Sucked seeing  Ford-Whaeaton with that drop.  Been watching him a lot after seeing  him make one of the best catches you'll ever see against Michigan last year IIRC.

Edited by AFJF

5 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Lots of good players in this one.  Had to watch 30 min condensed game but will watch again later in full.

Love the Pitt front 7 and Stills on the DL for WV.

Did Abanikanda get hurt?  Saw one carry early and then nothing until his TD rec?  Like him as a complete back.

Sucked seeing  Ford-Whaeaton with that drop.  Been watching him a lot after seeing  him make one of the best catches you'll ever see against Michigan last year IIRC.

That was mental error, he got caught looking over his shoulder before securing the ball... i think he flashes enough natural talent at the position i wouldn't worry about that one mistake 

52 minutes ago, Maxman said:

How did Pitt look?  300 yards for the new QB.

Does that make Pickett a system QB?  :)

My son is at Virginia Tech so I am hoping Pitt takes a step back this year.

Pitt looks.. ok. Maybe a touch overrated in the top 15. Virginia tech is probably worse off though lol

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

That was mental error, he got caught looking over his shoulder before securing the ball... i think he flashes enough natural talent at the position i wouldn't worry about that one mistake 

Oh yeah, that's why I was saying it was an unfortunate play.  Guy makes highlight reel grabs pretty consistently but he'll play that one over and over in his head for a while.  One of many good receivers heading to the NFL.

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

Pitt looks.. ok. Maybe a touch overrated in the top 15. Virginia tech is probably worse off though lol

Having Addison transfer to USC was a killer for them.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

ND OSU is the game to watch this week. 

Which players are you guys watching this season that the Jets would be interested in. There’s a bunch of QBs, WRs and RBs to watch but the Jets should be ok there.

I think we focus on oline and play making linebackers this year.  Maybe safety.