The floor and the ceiling~

54 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The roof is the ceiling

5 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

The floor is the basement.... 

If you go down far enough, through the center of the Earth, at some point you're actually going back up.

Well, unless you believe in Flat Earth like Geno. Then I guess his floor is the shell of the great tortoise holding up the universe.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, jgb said:

If you go down far enough, through the center of the Earth, at some point you're actually going back up.

Well, unless you believe in Flat Earth like Geno. Then I guess his floor is the shell of the great tortoise holding up the universe.

Oh lord, Geno is a flat earther too???

How did I miss this?  There's so many time zone jokes!!!....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Oh lord, Geno is a flat earther too???

How did I miss this?  There's so many time zone jokes!!!....

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/geno-smith-i-may-be-with-kyrie-irving-on-this-whole-flat-earth-vs-globe-thing/

Yes. Yes he is.

Just keeps getting better, don't it?

Anything you wanna know about Geno, feel free to ask. Geno-ology is my new religion.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, jgb said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/geno-smith-i-may-be-with-kyrie-irving-on-this-whole-flat-earth-vs-globe-thing/

Yes. Yes he is.

Anything you wanna know about Geno, feel free to ask. Geno-ology is my new religion.

So when he says “b4 you judge do some HW but what do you guys think?” does he also not believe all those photos from astronauts, you know kinda prove something other than the earth is flat

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So when he says “b4 you judge do some HW but what do you guys think?” does he also not believe all those photos from astronauts, you know kinda prove something other than the earth is flat

I've watched some of the flat earth stuff on Youtube. It's actually quite an entertaining thing to doze off. Basically, they think all that stuff is produced by a vast conspiracy encompassing tens or even hundreds of thousands of scientists, pilots, astronauts, engineers, politicians, etc. 

No one posited a theory about what the motive would be to dump the resources into such an effort and how it's possible to keep so many people completely silent.

Two people knew Bill Clinton got some nookie in the Oval Office and the whole world found out about it within like 3 months.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

I've watched some of the flat earth stuff on Youtube. It's actually quite an entertaining thing to doze off. Basically, they think all that stuff is produced by a vast conspiracy encompassing tens or even hundreds of thousands of scientists, pilots, astronauts, engineers, politicians, etc. 

No one posited a theory about what the motive would be to dump the resources into such an effort and how it's possible to keep so many people completely silent.

Two people knew Bill Clinton got some nookie in the Oval Office and the whole world found out about it within like 3 months.

Same things I’ve said about Area 51 and the alien nonsense.  All the people that would have to stayed silent all these years, impossible.  And what’s the motivation?  

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Same things I’ve said about Area 51 and the alien nonsense.  All the people that would have to stayed silent all these years, impossible.  And what’s the motivation?  

Whoever blew the top off a conspiracy that big would be an instant multi-multi-millionaire with book deals and movie rights.

There isn't enough money to buy the silence of everyone who would need to be involved to maintain the façade.

The likelihood of a conspiracy's existence is inversely proportional to the number of people who would need to be involved to pull it off.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, pointman said:

Should and could are different. You honestly think the worst this team will do is 7 wins? Thats pretty optimistic. 

No you’re misunderstanding. They could lose every game.

But the benchmark for this team’s floor SHOULD BE around 7 wins. 

Organizationally, they should have an eye for anything under being a failure.

From the outside looking in....I'll be surprised if you win 5 games.  

It's a QB driven league.  I don't think Zach Wilson is going to develop into a good or even average NFL QB.  

I read here quite a bit about how many here applaud the current FO for improving the roster.  I'm not going to disagree with that sentiment but even with the improvement, the roster just has too many guys on it that aren't difference makers...and the few guys you have that might be, seem to be hurt too much.  

I pointed out some of the issues with the current set up.  I won't go over that again here, but I believe you guys are heading for another down year, and I think probably another coaching change if not entire FO.  Marrying your career to a high draft pick that doesn't work out, is perilous.  The guy in Arizona survived Josh Rosen...but he moved on after 1 year and got it mostly right, with Kyler Murray.  

I can see a scenario where some of these newer guys look allright but the QB doesn't develop and maybe Douglass survives that and gets one more shot at another QB and coach.  I'm probably not as sold on your draft class as most.  

4 or less wins.  New FO and Coach.  the fix is as both elusive and as simple as getting the QB and coach right.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Zerovoltz said:

From the outside looking in....I'll be surprised if you win 5 games.  

It's a QB driven league.  I don't think Zach Wilson is going to develop into a good or even average NFL QB.  

I read here quite a bit about how many here applaud the current FO for improving the roster.  I'm not going to disagree with that sentiment but even with the improvement, the roster just has too many guys on it that aren't difference makers...and the few guys you have that might be, seem to be hurt too much.  

I pointed out some of the issues with the current set up.  I won't go over that again here, but I believe you guys are heading for another down year, and I think probably another coaching change if not entire FO.  Marrying your career to a high draft pick that doesn't work out, is perilous.  The guy in Arizona survived Josh Rosen...but he moved on after 1 year and got it mostly right, with Kyler Murray.  

I can see a scenario where some of these newer guys look allright but the QB doesn't develop and maybe Douglass survives that and gets one more shot at another QB and coach.  I'm probably not as sold on your draft class as most.  

4 or less wins.  New FO and Coach.  the fix is as both elusive and as simple as getting the QB and coach right.

Agree with your points on QB.

Regarding the draft class, the only one of the Jets top 4 picks I'm not enthused about is JJ. Anyone can bust, but with the information available at the time, it's hard to reasonably criticize JD's handling of the top of the draft. Early returns on Clemons are also encouraging.

Ruckert and Mitchell, I don't watch enough college ball to have an opinion on either of those guys, yet.

The coaches are all inexperienced. We will find out in a hurry this season what part talent and what part coaching played in last year's disaster. And, of course, you'd hope that the big 3 (HC/OC/DC) learned something from their first full year in their respective roles (Ulbrich was interim DC in ATL for part of 2020). The key question to watch is if the D is underperforming, does Saleh step in to right the ship/make the tough decision regarding Ulbrich for the good of the team? My mentor told me once "you're not really a manager until you have to fire someone." 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, jgb said:

Yes. Yes he is.

just wanna point out that by the end of that article it says geno has decided the earth is in fact a globe, lol. thank god we cleared that up geno!!!! now can we get ja rules' take?