The floor and the ceiling~

17 minutes ago, jgb said:

This "philosophy" isn't a differentiator unless there are GMs out there looking for players who don't like football.

no GM says, I want players who hate football. There are some GMs that mostly care about measurables; others may mostly care about talent even if they have attitude or problems (BB comes to mind). Some GMs want a player who loves the game - when comparing two players with similar talent/measurables, JD wants good character, team players who love to play. If two players are close, he will go for the guy with heart even over a player with a little bit more talent.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

no GM says, I want players who hate football. There are some GMs that mostly care about measurables; others may mostly care about talent even if they have attitude or problems (BB comes to mind). Some GMs want a player who loves the game - when comparing two players with similar talent/measurables, JD wants good character, team players who love to play. If two players are close, he will go for the guy with heart even over a player with a little bit more talent.

Mekhi Becton's bed:

Hoogslaper_met_bureau_Graham_90x200cm_antraciet_rood.jpg

Tristan Wirfs' bed:

image.png.fb1430a403e7e9ee1f0dd785943ac755.png

On 9/3/2022 at 6:30 AM, Greenbloodblitz said:

Well the ceiling is up to the coaches and the players, but I commend Joe Douglas for raising the floor.

I just caught the second half of the Jets Giants preseason game on NFL Network and our third stringers we're playing their asses off.

Listen no matter what line of work you're in character matters.

I worked in the auto glass industry since 1997 I was always a manager and I've always trained young dudes. It's not just about the mechanics in art form. It's about getting them to think but getting them to grow with their relationships with their parents, with their girlfriends, with their children to be better men.

Same as I've said I've played in bands for almost 40 years and I'll take a guy who can play five different instruments and is inspired to show up anytime any day over any virtuoso beauty queen.

Now I can't guarantee we're going to be in a Super Bowl, but like the HC said there are guys that play football because they love football and there are guys who play football because of what football brings them.

We want guys who love football~

image.png.a02bad44b853d90ad9d83eaf640f5871.png

On 9/3/2022 at 6:30 AM, Greenbloodblitz said:

Now I can't guarantee we're going to be in a Super Bowl, but like the HC said there are guys that play football because they love football and there are guys who play football because of what football brings them.

We want guys who love football~

I want guys who are good at football whatever their motivation.   Great HC figure out what motivates the guys with great football skills and tries to push the right buttons.  

Applied talent, developed to operate at max potential takes good teachers who are flexible enough to figure out how to get through.   Love is often developed by results.  Coaches have a responsibility to teach and bring out potential.  They don’t get to demand love.

Thanks for the replies and like I said I was speaking of the character and the types of players that JD has brought in. Also how he and the HC agree on that.

I'm not into the Antonio Brown types. There ain't no "l" in team and there ain't no "We" either?

Garrett Wilson doesn't act like that neither does Braxton Berrios. These dudes are easy to root for cuz they're more humble even though they can play their asses off.

Team players~

• Upvote 1