https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199711020nyj.htm

Jets 19 Ravens 16

1997: Week 10

Coach: Bill Parcells

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201610230nyj.htm

Jets 24 Ravens 16

2016: Week 7

Coach: Todd Bowles

Bottom line: for the Jets to win they’ll need to hold the Ravens to 16 points. ?

Touché ?

I’ll believe it when I see it. I’m tired of the never ending positive talk. Just win games and keep their mouths shut and everybody will be happy

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, BP said:

Touché ?

I’ll believe it when I see it. I’m tired of the never ending positive talk. Just win games and keep their mouths shut and everybody will be happy

Spoken like a man who has heard enough unrealized platitudes and has spent untold THOUSANDS of hard-earned dollars and time invested in the hopes of finally seeing another Super Bowl win (even a loss would be a better outcome than we have been seeing).

• Upvote 1

If:

The Jet D can get off of the field on 3rd down

The Jet D does not allow Lamar Jackson to run wild

The Jet D does not late hit the QB on an incomplete plass on 3rd and 15

The Jet D god forbid gets a turnover or 2

--and--

The Jet O can run the ball

The Jet O is not 3 & outed for the entire first half

The Jet OL can protect whoever the QB is and not get him killed on 9/11 with 16 games left to go

Then maybe this has a slight chance to be a close game.

Still seeing 38-10 Ravens in my head regardless. No confidence in this CS whatsoever until proven otherwise on the field of play.

9 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I feel like incorporating rushing attempts into Zach’s playbook will just get Zach killed. He wasn’t a big runner in college and he still had the two shoulder surgeries, and he’s been a pro for a year and a half and is already on his second knee surgery, and that was with a measly 29 carries last season. He has an awkward, upright running style that’d get him absolutely killed if he tried to pull it off consistently, imo

I think a big issue with him is that he doesn't know when to slide well, sort of like his mentality for passing.  He overestimates his ability, which leads to a lot more contact than there needs to be.  I don't think he needs to be on the Fields/Lamar/Hurts level, but more in that Rodgers level where teams have to respect his running ability when he rolls out.  

The problem is, I'm not sure Wilson knows how to pick his spots like Rodgers, rather he seems to go all out and gets hurt.  Even the pre-season game he got hurt in a few weeks ago, that's an easy roll out out of bounds because he's going to get blasted by the DT if he jukes out the defender.  That's a run Lamar can make, but not Wilson, but he needs to understand that aspect.  

• Sympathy 1

15 hours ago, BP said:

I’m concerned about the Jets consistently getting off to really slow/bad starts in literally EVERY game. And no defensive adjustments during the game because “they can’t until they look at the film on Monday “ <~~~saleh words last year. 

im concerned about the coaching staff. Their excuses are running out because this team is starting to get talented.

I know exactly how you feel.  I put my guard down last season and I got crushed from the opening kickoff.  But that's the price you pay for being a wholehearted Jets fan.  I may go down with the ship again this season, but I truly feel there's big improvement on the horizon.  So, I'm all in once again.  This team is light years ahead of last year's team.  They now have very talented players who don't just play by the playbook, they also play with insight and instinct (Sauce, DJ, Lawson, etc.).  I think we're gonna see players on the field making necessary adjustments and making big plays ( independent of the coaching staff)  Fingers crossed.   

The Ravens are a tough, experienced team that will demand the Jets to play above themselves to win. The Dolphins beat the Ravens with Brissett and Tua in week 10 last year as a 3-7 team. It can be done, but is unlikely. The Jets need lightning in a bottle convergence of few mistakes, sudden coordination of their OL, Zach and/or Flacco to play an above average game, speed everywhere, and pressure and containment on defense. It's asking a lot and I'm skeptical as most are that the Jets are ready for that sort of leap. First games of the year are notoriously unpredictable, so there's that. But the Jets simply don't seem ready to take on a team of the Ravens' caliber yet. 

On 9/3/2022 at 10:52 PM, T0mShane said:

I totally feel like Robert Saleh’s 32nd ranked defense will outright dominate an offense led by a newly-shredded Lamar Jackson in a contract year.

It is always about medium shirts with you.

They absolutely can. They have playmakers, a hopefully decent line, a seasoned QB, and what should be a much improved defense. Some week 1 slip ups let the Jets hang around, a few plays go their way and we are 1-0. Granted we can also get 50 hung on us by Q4. The Jets can win this game and Natalie Portman can fly to New Jersey tonight and tell me she loves me. Both possible, but not likely. 

On 9/5/2022 at 3:57 AM, Biggs said:

The Ravens are a well coached mediocre football team.   Not a good defensive team.  Mid pack NFL D.  Lamar wants to get paid and may play with less than total abandon.   Very winnable game.

There literally is no chance in hell. OUR QB IS JOE FLACCO.

14 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

i think we can all agree now that the chances of the Jets beating the Ravens is virtually nil. The Ravens are going to cruise over this disaster of a team.

I dont understand this stuff....why because of the aura of a def they dont have any more or the games they won when Joe Flacco was there??? Ray Lewis don't work their anymore guys.

Lamar Jackson has a TE and no run or passing game. Bateman is not a legit WR1 or at least hasn't been. I just don't get it. We have better WR's, better RB's, better Corners, better Pass rush. I get we have our issues but no body has the Jets winning and i think that it will take almost a miracle for the Raven to win this game.

Aside from out players being better. The raven are in disarray. Lamars contracts, hollywood given the boot, the always hurt RB room. 

What do you think when carl and the boy put that pressure on? sure they might score, but the Jets win thi sgame and I think they will dominate it, even with old man flacco leading the way. Our playmakers are going to make moves. 

Look for Hall and Morre and wilson to make great big plays. Hell even Berrios will get his 5 return yards and fall down every return.

THe ravens are not some all star team, they are living off the aura of when they used to be good. Week 1 is a dub.

2 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I dont understand this stuff....why because of the aura of a def they dont have any more or the games they won when Joe Flacco was there??? Ray Lewis don't work their anymore guys.

Lamar Jackson has a TE and no run or passing game. Bateman is not a legit WR1 or at least hasn't been. I just don't get it. We have better WR's, better RB's, better Corners, better Pass rush. I get we have our issues but no body has the Jets winning and i think that it will take almost a miracle for the Raven to win this game.

Aside from out players being better. The raven are in disarray. Lamars contracts, hollywood given the boot, the always hurt RB room. 

What do you think when carl and the boy put that pressure on? sure they might score, but the Jets win thi sgame and I think they will dominate it, even with old man flacco leading the way. Our playmakers are going to make moves. 

Look for Hall and Morre and wilson to make great big plays. Hell even Berrios will get his 5 return yards and fall down every return.

THe ravens are not some all star team, they are living off the aura of when they used to be good. Week 1 is a dub.

I think the skepticism is due to the fans expecting the Jets to look unprepared to play. Not a lot of faith in the cosching staff or their approach to preseason, or their performance specifically on defense last year. I expect the Ravens to have some broken plays with guys running uncovered because the Jets secondary doesn’t communicate well. The way this regime seems to approach practice and preseason has me believing we’ll have a slow start on defense. Flacco being a vet could have the offense at least passable.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Just heard some stats on the Ravens opening day games the past few years.  They absolutely crush teams Week 1, insane point differential.

Not feeling great about beating the Ravens

If you're in a survival pool and aren't picking the Ravens this week you're either a dumbf*ck or a ridiculous homer.

This was already a terrible matchup under the best of circumstances, and is only getting worse as we approach gametime.  Harbaugh will have his team ready and Saleh will have his team quitting by halftime.  

52 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Now do the Jets…

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

lmao.

I can dismantle this argument with one statement:  They have John Harbaugh and we don't.

Over the last 4 seasons, the Ravens have scored 171 points in Week 1 games.  That's over 42 points per game. 

Better corners?  They have Marcus Peters, Marlon Humphrey and Kyle Fuller.  We have last year's #32 defense, a promising rookie CB and a 5'9" outside corner that has been limited in practice. 

• Haha 1

Injured Duane Brown, injured George Fant with immobile Joe Flacco and a crippled running game is a recipe for utter disaster on offense and therefore the game.

Just now, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Injured Duane Brown, injured George Fant with immobile Joe Flacco and a crippled running game is a recipe for utter disaster on offense and therefore the game.

We’ve seen they can’t run the ball yet.  Makes me wonder if the OL is part of the reason they’re holding wilson out longer.  Let Flacco get killed by the ravens.

24 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

We’ve seen they can’t run the ball yet.  Makes me wonder if the OL is part of the reason they’re holding wilson out longer.  Let Flacco get killed by the ravens.

Do the Ravens have much of a pass rush? I don't see the point of holding him out against the Ravens to get crushed by TJ watt lol.

Ronnie Stanley did not practice today, he did practice yesterday so that has to mean he's not playing. JK Dobbins also will likely not play. Couple this with one of the most underwhelming group of wide receivers in the league..

Offensively, they are a 2 man army. Cover Andrews and keep LJ in the pocket.

I think the Jets can more than keep them in check. Carl Lawson should destroy Juwan James

On 9/3/2022 at 10:31 PM, Maxman said:

Not will they, but can they. Do they have a shot if they execute and play a good game?

Or do you have this one down as a definite loss no matter what they do?

I do, but the question marks regarding our OL worry me.  I want Fant to be our starting LT and AVT to be the starting LG.  That jumbling people around was just stupid.