StubHub Weirdness and Selling via Jets Account

Cornfed

I've noticed some weirdness selling tickets  and passes via StubHub this year. The interface looks simpler than in the past. That said, I suppose as a result, it seems they've limited features.

For instance, I don't think I can have StubHub manage the price anymore. Also, I can't seem to look up details of past sales like the original listing price. I could compute that based on the StubHub payout, but the numbers don't seem to match exactly.

Has anyone noticed any of this with StubHub?

I just looked at selling directly via newyorkjets.com. Looks very simple, and I think it uses Ticketmaster in the background. Looks like I need to give it my checking account routing info for payouts. Going to try this, but let me know if anyone has any experience on this front...

OK I think I had their fees wrong, which explains the price discrepancy. Also, it seems one of my mobile transfers may not have been accepted. I suppose I need to pay more attention.

Regardless, if anyone has strong preferences on selling via stubhub vs. directly from newyorkjets.com, let me know.

14 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Out of curiosity, when selling tickets on StubHub, do they require info for the IRS (like SSN)?  That happened to me on Ticketmaster.

I remember them saying they would before end of year last year. But then they didn't ask this year. And I was paid for sales so far....

One other thought. Maybe stub hub opts you in by default to letting them manage your price. I believe the note says something like it may sell for less but your price is locked in.

This would explain why one of my passes that I priced identically showed something less than the other, but then StubHub paid me the same for each.

So weird. I like the simplicity but it’s hard to see any detail you might want. I may try whatever is built in to newyorkjets.com for the next one…

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

I get mine from a guy standing outside the turnpike exit on the bridge heading into the stadium. Same way I have done it since the 80s.

I got l.l. seats on ebay for 120 a ticket ...vs the bengals the same tickets will be half price... by the end of the season you can pick them up for half of the bengals price.... can't beat it

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/4/2022 at 10:15 PM, Maxman said:

I get mine from a guy standing outside the turnpike exit on the bridge heading into the stadium. Same way I have done it since the 80s.

LOL.  This reminded me of the good old days of absolute schlubs with their asses halfway falling out of their Zubaz pants holding up cardboard TICKETS signs at the gas station on Paterson Plank Road

9 hours ago, nj meadowlands said:

LOL.  This reminded me of the good old days of absolute schlubs with their asses halfway falling out of their Zubaz pants holding up cardboard TICKETS signs at the gas station on Paterson Plank Road

I enter the parking lot from RT3. There is a guy on the side of the road before  the complex holding up tickets every week. 

On 9/4/2022 at 12:21 PM, Cornfed said:

I've noticed some weirdness selling tickets  and passes via StubHub this year. The interface looks simpler than in the past. That said, I suppose as a result, it seems they've limited features.

For instance, I don't think I can have StubHub manage the price anymore. Also, I can't seem to look up details of past sales like the original listing price. I could compute that based on the StubHub payout, but the numbers don't seem to match exactly.

Has anyone noticed any of this with StubHub?

I just looked at selling directly via newyorkjets.com. Looks very simple, and I think it uses Ticketmaster in the background. Looks like I need to give it my checking account routing info for payouts. Going to try this, but let me know if anyone has any experience on this front...

Selling via your Jets account is technically selling through TicketMaster.  There are differences between the TM and StubHub   Be careful if you list simultaneously on both, as I do all the time. 

Scenario 1 (easy) : Your tickets sell on Stub Hub.  

Once your tickets sell on StubHub, the barcode is entered (and changed, I believe) and your tickets on the Jets account will automatically be listed as Sold. In other words, your Jets account at Ticket Master is notified of the stubhub sale  when that barcode is sold to someone else.  Just sit back and wait for your payment. No need to cancel the listing on TM, because it already was done.

Scenario 2 (pain-in-ass): Your tickets sell on TicketMaster.  

Your Jets account (TicketMaster) will show your tickets are sold, but outsider company StubHub has no way of knowing your tickets sold and your listing remains up!!!  The moment you receive notice from TM that your tix sold you must log in and deactivate or delete your listing on StubHub.  It won't happen automatically as it does in scenario 1.  This was confirmed by StubHub for me.  If you don't deactivate your stubhub listing in a timely fashion, you could end up with a double sale and stubhub would impose penalties on you for not having the tickets you listed.  

• Upvote 2

The experience of selling jets tickets is an outright pain that's why i canceled my season tickets.  Last  week for the bengals game I waited until the morning of the game while I was driving there to tailgate to pickup tickets.  On ticketexchange 【ticketmaster】 lower level tickets were selling for 30 dollars each. 

On the other hand giants tickets go for a premium and you never lose money even after the calculating in the fees for selling. 

1 hour ago, JETSY14 said:

The experience of selling jets tickets is an outright pain that's why i canceled my season tickets.  Last  week for the bengals game I waited until the morning of the game while I was driving there to tailgate to pickup tickets.  On ticketexchange 【ticketmaster】 lower level tickets were selling for 30 dollars each. 

On the other hand giants tickets go for a premium and you never lose money even after the calculating in the fees for selling. 

PSLs = Investment Tungsten

On 9/29/2022 at 11:10 AM, Dcat said:

Selling via your Jets account is technically selling through TicketMaster.  There are differences between the TM and StubHub   Be careful if you list simultaneously on both, as I do all the time. 

Scenario 1 (easy) : Your tickets sell on Stub Hub.  

Once your tickets sell on StubHub, the barcode is entered (and changed, I believe) and your tickets on the Jets account will automatically be listed as Sold. In other words, your Jets account at Ticket Master is notified of the stubhub sale  when that barcode is sold to someone else.  Just sit back and wait for your payment. No need to cancel the listing on TM, because it already was done.

Scenario 2 (pain-in-ass): Your tickets sell on TicketMaster.  

Your Jets account (TicketMaster) will show your tickets are sold, but outsider company StubHub has no way of knowing your tickets sold and your listing remains up!!!  The moment you receive notice from TM that your tix sold you must log in and deactivate or delete your listing on StubHub.  It won't happen automatically as it does in scenario 1.  This was confirmed by StubHub for me.  If you don't deactivate your stubhub listing in a timely fashion, you could end up with a double sale and stubhub would impose penalties on you for not having the tickets you listed.  

Thanks, Dcat! I think I was surprised that the interface looked a little different. For instance, I don't think they give you as much detailed analytics about pricing, and I think they took away the option to have them manage the price for you. I *think* they lower the price automatically as the game approaches if needed. Not sure.

That said, I've now sold a few tickets on there and, you are right, it's super easy.

One issue I had was with selling parking passes as mobile transfer. I sold them, transferred to the buyer, but I think the buyer never accepted the transfer. So, I never got paid (technically, it still is listed as open, though why would someone accept a transfer weeks after the game has passed). Do you use a different option when selling parking passes?

Also, nice to stay connected here on this forum all these years! Let's hope Saleh, Wilson, and co are finally the ones!