Jets still have 1 open spot on the Practice Squad? My 5 theories why.....

Sarge4Tide

1. "Wilson's Knee" - They want to wait to see if Zach's knee is okay for Game 1, if so, they cut White before or after Game 1, add someone on the OL and hope to add White to the PS
  2. "Conor McDermott" - Waiting until McDermott is medically cleared, then they add him to the PS (or the active roster under scenario 1)
  3. "Waiting on a Veteran Target to Decide" - There's a veteran free agent player floating around that they want to add to the PS, but that player hasn't decided yet
  4. "Denzel Mims" - Still trying to trade Denzel Mims - if they do, they may add a player from the PS,  so just keeping a spot open for flexibility right now
  5. "Practice Squad Poaching" - There's a player on another team's practice squad they want to poach which will require cutting someone on our active roster (White, possibly)
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Sarge4Tide said:

1. "Wilson's Knee" - They want to wait to see if Zach's knee is okay for Game 1, if so, they cut White before or after Game 1, add someone on the OL and hope to add White to the PS
  2. "Conor McDermott" - Waiting until McDermott is medically cleared, then they add him to the PS (or the active roster under scenario 1)
  3. "Waiting on a Veteran Target to Decide" - There's a veteran free agent player floating around that they want to add to the PS, but that player hasn't decided yet
  4. "Denzel Mims" - Still trying to trade Denzel Mims - if they do, they may add a player from the PS,  so just keeping a spot open for flexibility right now
  5. "Practice Squad Poaching" - There's a player on another team's practice squad they want to poach which will require cutting someone on our active roster (White, possibly)

cut a HOF future FQB? blasphemy!

• Haha 2

I'm going with option 2. 

I think McDermott is due for a return to the team, once his knee is cleared.

Just can't see us going into the season with only the rookie Mitchell in reserve, behind Brown (getting up in years) and Fant (coming off significant injury).

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

I think 3 or 5 based on the little information I have about ZW.

• Upvote 1