Jump to content

Jets are favored in 3 games this year


SuicidalSince98
 Share

Recommended Posts

I have no immediate problem with JD based upon hs last 2 drafts. 2020 was Idzikian, but the last 2 were stellar. As for Coach Salesman? He's not really on JD since everyone wantd to hire him at the end of 2020. Fact is, they were woefully unprepared in a lot of games last season. Due to classical conditioning, I fear the same starting next week. If the team looks disorganized and unprepared, the calls for his head will begin early and often. He is a defensive guru supposedly. Last years defense was a disgrace. They have better players this season on both sides of the ball, a lot of better players. There is absolutely no excuse to give up 50 points to Mac Jones this season, or to get shut out in Denver again. If I'm the FO, for me to keep Coach Salesman, this team has to be competetive in every game from the beginning on through to the end of the season. They have to to keep their collective mouths shut, go out, and kick someones ass. If they do, that would be a something really new & different for this organization.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Vegas obviously knows “sh*t happens” is always a thing in the NFL, hence their 6.5 win O/U rather than 3.5.  

And all the Joe Fans would rather bet the over on their favorite team than the under on other teams. It’s one of the worst sports bets you can make. The vig on the over is usurious.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

Well, 'bout the only time things were going well last season was when Mike White was QB for a game, so...

That was the first time things went well since Darnold's first game against the Lions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Since last year, I've been saying that JD will not survive another four or less win season, especially after all the "amazing draft picks!!!".  And if the defense is bad again, Saleh will be booted, too.   Book it.

its Saleh who gets fired if anyone

JD has been getting praise for this last draft and for MC1, MC2 and Moore from last year. we wont know if he hit or miss on them for a couple of years. so as of now it looks like JD has done a good job. its now up to Saleh to get this team to win.

and im not even sure that anyone should be fired. 2 years of drafting for Salehs schemes and then we change GM and HC who will probably go a different way. we cant keep doing that every 2 years.

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

You good keeping JD, Saleh, and Wilson at 4-13?

Doesn't matter if I am or not, I don't make the decisions.

But I would expect JD and Saleh back, yes.  Wilson likely as well, albeit with competition.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

I have no immediate problem with JD based upon hs last 2 drafts. 2020 was Idzikian, but the last 2 were stellar. As for Coach Salesman? He's not really on JD since everyone wantd to hire him at the end of 2020. Fact is, they were woefully unprepared in a lot of games last season. Due to classical conditioning, I fear the same starting next week. If the team looks disorganized and unprepared, the calls for his head will begin early and often. He is a defensive guru supposedly. Last years defense was a disgrace. They have better players this season on both sides of the ball, a lot of better players. There is absolutely no excuse to give up 50 points to Mac Jones this season, or to get shut out in Denver again. If I'm the FO, for me to keep Coach Salesman, this team has to be competetive in every game from the beginning on through to the end of the season. They have to to keep their collective mouths shut, go out, and kick someones ass. If they do, that would be a something really new & different for this organization.

I’ve seen some strange takes this offseason, but your “you can’t put the Saleh hire on JD” gem?

Standing Ovation Applause GIF by The Maury Show

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jgb said:

And all the Joe Fans would rather bet the over on their favorite team than the under on other teams. It’s one of the worst sports bets you can make. The vig on the over is usurious.

I bet the under last year and won :)

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Doesn't matter if I am or not, I don't make the decisions.

But I would expect JD and Saleh back, yes.  Wilson likely as well, albeit with competition.

Agreed on Wilson, but I think it would be 50/50 on the other 2. If they did come back in that scenario, expect Woody to put major heat on them to sign or trade for stars and then who the hell knows what to expect at that point. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Claymation said:


The Jury is still out on Saleh, I agree, but what would you have differently than what Joe Douglas did that would have improved this roster?

I know you were asking somebody else but:

Jamarr Chase instead of Mormon McElroy

Wirfs instead of The Big Bust

Gabe Davis instead of Cap Morgan

Khalil Shakir instead of Maxx the Ragin Cajun Mitchell

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Yet we expect a minimum of 7 wins, do I have that right? 

Almost.   The number of games a team is favored in (or favored to lose) is close to irrelevant in predicting its record.   To carry it to an extreme, if a team was a one-point underdog in all 17 games, would you expect that team to go 0-17?

The correct way to come up with an expected W-L record is to determine the probablity of a win in each game and then add the probabilities.   If a team is a small underdog, their probability of winning might be 45%.   Put together a lot of 45% chances and it adds up to a lot of expected wins.   In contrast, in games where a team is a huge underdog, their chance of winning might be closer to 10% and their expected number of wins would be low.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/5/2022 at 12:53 AM, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I know you were asking somebody else but:

Jamarr Chase instead of Mormon McElroy

Wirfs instead of The Big Bust

Gabe Davis instead of Cap Morgan

Khalil Shakir instead of Maxx the Ragin Cajun Mitchell

OK, who is throwing the pigskin?

What about the Moore pick? and the Garrett Wilson pick?

You would have drafted quite a few WOs, Outside of Wirfs who is on the line?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...