Wilson goes through workout today

JoJoTownsell1

1 minute ago, BroadwayRay said:

Barring any setbacks, like residual pain or swelling from the workout, Wilson will be starting on Sunday. That much was obvious from the Saleh press conference today.

Just now, Rhg1084 said:

Wilson is 100% starting Sunday 

I wish I was that confident. I still think it's 50/50. I'll be confident when i see that he goes through a practice.... not a workout. 

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Yea I'm guessing this is gamesmanship. If he went through practice I'd think otherwise, but this seems like Flacco is starting and they're just playing games.

But they don’t practice until Wed, right?

I feel like we’ll have a good idea on Wed. 

1 minute ago, Charlie Brown said:

Flacco will start and Wilson will be the back-up for the first game...

I like it.  Put White on the practice squad.  Let Zach come in when Joe plays like Joe.

Give the line a quarter or two to settle in.

1-0!!! 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I still feel like this is the default plan. And, honestly, is probably for the best. Don't rush Zach back too soon. In the meantime, we can get a glimpse of how this offense is supposed to run for a game or two. It'll be a good benchmark for when Zach comes back.

Hmm yes they really set a high bar against the Giants 2nd team 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, maury77 said:

If Wilson starts and plays poorly, I don’t want to hear any excuses about how he was rusty because he was out of practice for a few weeks. No one is forcing the staff to start him this week.

This was Joe burrow vs the ravens week 2 last year. If Wilson plays poorly it’s because he is a young player and the ravens are good. Or maybe he sucks, either way we won’t know after week 1 no matter what happens so making excuses is irrelevant. It’s a longer evaluation than that. 

https://youtu.be/Pn3WjqSHAcI

• Upvote 3

Sit Wilson, let him get to 100%, let Flacco play. If Flacco sucks, its easier for Wilson to come in and not have everyone screaming for Flacco. If Wilson comes in and doesnt play well the pressure will be immense to put in Flacco. Given the injury, let Flacco play until he proves he sucks, which will happen, then let Wilson play, otherwise this will be a disaster. 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

This was Joe burrow vs the ravens week 2 last year. If Wilson plays poorly it’s because he is a young player and the ravens are good. Or maybe he sucks, either way we won’t know after week 1 no matter what happens so making excuses is irrelevant. It’s a longer evaluation than that. 

I don't disagree with any of that, my point (and I should have been clearer) is that I don't want to hear excuses from the coaching staff that Wilson was rusty because he missed a few weeks of practice. 

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Sit Wilson, let him get to 100%, let Flacco play. If Flacco sucks, its easier for Wilson to come in and not have everyone screaming for Flacco. If Wilson comes in and doesnt play well the pressure will be immense to put in Flacco. Given the injury, let Flacco play until he proves he sucks, which will happen, then let Wilson play, otherwise this will be a disaster. 

Dude please. “Immense” pressure to play 37 year old Flacco instead of continuing to develop Wilson? I know this fan base isn’t THAT dumb 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Bears 😉... Just imagine the apoplectic meltdown on this site if Zach had done that... LOL

10 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

If he’s capable of playing he should play.  IMO, If he’s suited up he’s starting.   

I want him to practice more.......... three days isn't enough practice coming off an injury to me......

But we shall see..

• Upvote 2

Let's think rational. He missed all preseason and if he was an established QB it would only make sense for him to start. That’s not the case here. He truly needs two full weeks of practice before starting again.

Folks with prior or current management experience would think likewise. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, Bronx said:

Let's think rational. He missed all preseason, but if he was an established QB it would only make sense for him to start . He truly needs two full weeks of practice before starting again. Folks with prior management experience would think likewise. 

The only reason I'd agree with this (if Wilson is 100%) is the o-line.  It's basically 4 new starters with the position switches.  Regardless of how good they are on paper, they will need time to gel.  

• Upvote 3