Wilson goes through workout today

5 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Sure why not, throw him to the wolves

Mormon Mahomes should be able to handle it

I want him to play as many snaps as possible this year. If holding him out gets him to full health that increases the expected number of snaps he can play then I am for it.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, Bronx said:

People are forgetting that the bone bruise takes time to heal. There is no need to rush him.

If he gets to play 15 games, it will give the staff enough film and stats to decide Zach's future. 

Too are forgetting that this is football. Players are rarely 100%. If Wilson is healthy enough to play he should as he is the starter

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Zach Wilson will give the Jets the best chance to win this game. 

I am not even sure that is the point anymore. He must be 100% healthy, but wins don't mean anything this year. This year is about Wilson and his growth; we either start winning with him, or we need to find a new QB. To find a new QB we need a good pick to draft or trade. Unless we make a playoff run (meaning Zack has played well), wins without Zack do not mean much. IMO, we win with Zack and he shows tremendous growth, or we need to move on.

If he is healthy and is sharp enough in practice he should start. If not, then Flacco should start. Winning the first game (which is a long shot anyway) isn't why Wilson should start if healthy.

1 hour ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Too are forgetting that this is football. Players are rarely 100%. If Wilson is healthy enough to play he should as he is the starter

You familiar with our injury history, and rushing players back before they are ready?  I can see the CS and owners want him in there for the home opener but I would rather he sit and get a full weak of practice before starting. We need him confident out there and he isn’t at that point yet, no need for him to be unsure about his knee also if it’s not 100%. 

2 hours ago, Bronx said:

Let's think rational. He missed all preseason and if he was an established QB it would only make sense for him to start. That’s not the case here. He truly needs two full weeks of practice before starting again.

Where does the "two full weeks" requirement come from? Why not 3? 5? 17? 1? 

He's the starting QB - he plays when he's healthy and the coaching staff thinks he has practiced enough to be ready for the upcoming game. 

2 hours ago, Bronx said:

Let's think rational. He missed all preseason and if he was an established QB it would only make sense for him to start. That’s not the case here. He truly needs two full weeks of practice before starting again.

Folks with prior or current management experience would think likewise. 

Zach has been throwing a football his entire life.  I'm sure he's been watching film these past three weeks, attending practice, He worked with his receivers all offseason, was around for camp before pregames.  Surely it's not ideal that he missed 3 weeks, but if he's healthy he should play. 

Seems like Saleh agrees:

"Eventually Zach Wilson has to get back in there. Whether it's this week, next week, the week after, it doesn't matter. You just have to rip the bandaid off. Like I've said from the beginning, when Zach is ready to play & healthy, he's gonna play football."- Robert Saleh

1 hour ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

You familiar with our injury history, and rushing players back before they are ready?  I can see the CS and owners want him in there for the home opener but I would rather he sit and get a full weak of practice before starting. We need him confident out there and he isn’t at that point yet, no need for him to be unsure about his knee also if it’s not 100%. 

You are comparing a 400lb tackle to a QB

• WTF? 1