Wilson goes through workout today

JoJoTownsell1

3 hours ago, Bronx said:

Let's think rational. He missed all preseason and if he was an established QB it would only make sense for him to start. That’s not the case here. He truly needs two full weeks of practice before starting again.

Folks with prior or current management experience would think likewise. 

Where did you get your prior or current management experience?  That tells you he needs 2 weeks?  

That said if he’s not 100% and doesn’t look good in practice, wait a week.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, pointman said:

Its a mistake. I guarantee his knee isn't 100%. Its swollen. Its unstable at certain positions. And its weak. This is a mistake. 

Is this a Joe Namath type guarantee where it was a guaranteed ACL tear?

5 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Yea I'm guessing this is gamesmanship. If he went through practice I'd think otherwise, but this seems like Flacco is starting and they're just playing games.

Well given that they’re going to let everyone know on Wednesday it’s a weak case for gamesmanship 

57 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Where does the "two full weeks" requirement come from? Why not 3? 5? 17? 1? 

He's the starting QB - he plays when he's healthy and the coaching staff thinks he has practiced enough to be ready for the upcoming game. 

Ok, so you honestly believe that one week of practice after sitting four weeks is enough? 

Stop working out for a month and comeback to the gym. It takes nearly 2-3 weeks to catch back up. It is the same with sports. 

I think week 3 would be feasible for his return and with less pressure on him.

Just my humble opinion and I respect yours. 

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Bronx said:

Ok, so you honestly believe that one week of practice after sitting four weeks is enough? 

Stop working out for a month and comeback to the gym. It takes nearly 2-3 weeks to catch back up. It is the same with sports. 

Well, he hasn't just started working out. We saw him on a bike before the Giants game, right? 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bronx said:

If he sat 4 weeks you might have a better case 

And who says hasn’t he been working out? 

There isn’t a chance in hell, other than a setback where he’s out until week 3

32 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

If he sat 4 weeks you might have a better case 

And who says hasn’t he been working out? 

There isn’t a chance in hell, other than a setback where he’s out until week 3

The outcome of game one will determine Zach's return. If Flacco blows, we insert Zach immediately; but if everything is hitting on high cylinders with Flacco, that should carry an extra game with him to validate a pattern. Zach will benefit from watching an established offense for two consecutive weeks. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Bronx said:

The outcome of game one will determine Zach's return. If Flacco blows, we insert Zach immediately; but if everything is hitting on high cylinders with Flacco, that should carry an extra game with him to validate a pattern. Zach will benefit from watching an establish offense for two consecutive weeks. 

Flaccos the backup.  How he plays isn’t going to change it.  
As soon as Zach is healthy enough to start, he starts.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Yea I'm guessing this is gamesmanship. If he went through practice I'd think otherwise, but this seems like Flacco is starting and they're just playing games.

I would normally agree with this, but Saleh said today that they will announce a starter on Wed, so that sort of defeats the purpose a little, right? 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Bronx said:

The outcome of game one will determine Zach's return. If Flacco blows, we insert Zach immediately; but if everything is hitting on high cylinders with Flacco, that should carry an extra game with him to validate a pattern. Zach will benefit from watching an establish offense for two consecutive weeks. 

I agree with you and it feels gross.

• Haha 3

100% Flacco should and will start.

if he starts and gets hurt especially on the same knee Salah will get killed. he waits a week it will look like he gave the kid enough time just to be sure.

and the OL only played 2 series in preseason. they're going to be rusty. our QB will be running for their lives and taking a hit here and there too. you do not want that to be Zach. wait till week 2 when hopefully the OL will play much better.

guys this isnt week 17 where a win gets us in the playoffs. this is week 1, there are 16 more games to see what Zach is. lets not be foolish and rush this kid back. he missed 4 weeks of TC, 4 scrimmages and 2 preseason games. of anyone on this roster Zach was the guy who needed that stuff the most.

let him work with the 2nd team this week. do QB drills, let him throw to Mims or Smith on the sidelines. let him get his bearings back.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Why are you worried what JGB, Jets80, and Tom Shane think? 

I agree. If some rando on an internet message board is that much of a buzz kill for you, you should put them on ignore.

Good to get an actual update (as opposed to the rumors in that other silly thread).

Sounds like Zach will not be healthy enough or ready enough in time, and won't start week 1.  

Generally, I'd agree that not rushing him back is best for both him and the team this year.

Hopefully he is ready by Week 2.

I do wonder if all of Zach's most ardent fans here are sticking with their previous positions of "Zach must play!" argument now that Zach appears to be healthy enough to play, if not quite 100% or ready from a practice standpoint.

Zach should sit for at least 4 weeks.  He's too precious to risk him playing...

• before he makes up the 4 weeks of practice time that he missed
  • before the "expensive" (and highly invested in) offensive line has at least 4 weeks to gel
  • before he has had enough time to learn on the bench
  • before he is game shape coming back from 2-4 week injury, that happened ~4 weeks ago

Not to mention he has to have at least 4 weeks of observing how to run the offense and how to use all the weapons at his disposal in this complex scheme.  

He can't possibly be expected to have timing with his receivers despite working with them extensively before the injury.   Also his injury probably took a mental toll that might take at least 4 games to heal.   And boy, these AFC North team are tough... not sure he can face them at 100%.  He'll need to be 110% physically and mentally.

If he comes back any sooner he was rushed back...

[*Please note: posted while hooked up to a sarcasm machine...*]

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

I would normally agree with this, but Saleh said today that they will announce a starter on Wed, so that sort of defeats the purpose a little, right? 

I don't know if it defeats the purpose. Ravens will only have 2-3 days of full practice for the qb of choice game plan which is better than 2-3 weeks or 5 days or whatever it could have been. I don't think there's really any hiding it once they have a practice in front of the media anyway.

• Upvote 1

If Zach hasn’t practiced, he shouldn’t start, and he shouldn’t be the backup. Make him inactive for the week. Try to get some work with him in practice this week, then prepare for him to start week 2. 

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, slats said:

If Zach hasn’t practiced, he shouldn’t start, and he shouldn’t be the backup. Make him inactive for the week. Try to get some work with him in practice this week, then prepare for him to start week 2. 

This week's practice for the game starts Wednesday. If he is named the starter he will have a full week's worth of practice.

So...

55 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Good to get an actual update (as opposed to the rumors in that other silly thread).

Sounds like Zach will not be healthy enough or ready enough in time, and won't start week 1.  

Generally, I'd agree that not rushing him back is best for both him and the team this year.

Hopefully he is ready by Week 2.

I do wonder if all of Zach's most ardent fans here are sticking with their previous positions of "Zach must play!" argument now that Zach appears to be healthy enough to play, if not quite 100% or ready from a practice standpoint.

Did you watch the presser? Saleh essentially said that if Wilson’s knee feels good  after today’s workout, he’s starting 

• Upvote 1