Wilson goes through workout today

4 hours ago, Bronx said:

Ok, so you honestly believe that one week of practice after sitting four weeks is enough? 

Stop working out for a month and comeback to the gym. It takes nearly 2-3 weeks to catch back up. It is the same with sports. 

I think week 3 would be feasible for his return and with less pressure on him.

Just my humble opinion and I respect yours. 

3 hours ago, Bronx said:

The outcome of game one will determine Zach's return. If Flacco blows, we insert Zach immediately; but if everything is hitting on high cylinders with Flacco, that should carry an extra game with him to validate a pattern. Zach will benefit from watching an established offense for two consecutive weeks. 

As per Saleh in today's press conference if Zach is healthy & feeling good, he Will start, Period... stated he doesn't Need to be "caught up".

4 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Exactly.  Adding just a bit of doubt in the minds of the Ravens so that they have to at least think about the chance of Wilson playing.

Something tells me Jim Harbaugh isn’t losing any sleep over the prospect of Kapono playing.

I don’t think even Saleh is foolish enough to believe anybody in the league fears Zach Wilson.

If anything, it would be a boon to their defense licking its chops at the prospect or takeaways and at being afforded the ability to tee off on the QB.

Nobody holds the ball longer than ZW.

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, jetsons said:

As per Saleh in today's press conference if Zach is healthy & feeling good, he Will start, Period... stated he doesn't Need to be "caught up".

Sounded likely to me, only if problem will he sit and problem not expected.  We'll know soon enough. 

Just now, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Something tells me Jim Harbaugh isn’t losing any sleep over the prospect of Kapono playing or not playing.

I don’t think even Saleh is foolish enough to believe anybody in the league fears Zach Wilson.

If anything, it would be a boon to their defense licking its chops at the prospect or takeaways and at being afforded the ability to tee off on the QB.

Something tells me the same thing about John Harbaugh.

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Something tells me Jim Harbaugh isn’t losing any sleep over the prospect of Kapono playing.

He doesn't need to fear him but you can bet your ass he respects him. It's a matter of time to prepare for QBs with different skill sets. They'll play defense a little differently against each QB and so giving them less time to prepare against one is just a no brainer.

• Upvote 1

Anyone who believes that Wilson is playing on Sunday is a goof.

All this news tells me is that he’s definitely suiting up against Cleveland as opposed to the Jets holding him out until the Bengals game.

Flacco has been taking all of the 1st team reps for nearly a month and the NFL loves any sort of “revenge” headline (see Watson returning against Houston for a prime example), no matter how insignificant and antiquated.

• WTF? 1

4 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Anyone who believes that Wilson is playing on Sunday is a goof.

All this news tells me is that he’s definitely suiting up against Cleveland as opposed to the Jets holding him out until the Bengals game.

Flacco has been taking all of the 1st team reps for nearly a month and the NFL loves any sort of “revenge” headline (see Watson returning against Houston for a prime example), no matter how insignificant and antiquated.

Wait, you think the Jets will make a decision based on what is the better NFL story line? 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, maury77 said:

I don't disagree with any of that, my point (and I should have been clearer) is that I don't want to hear excuses from the coaching staff that Wilson was rusty because he missed a few weeks of practice. 

We both know the excuses are coming. There is going to be plenty of spin doctoring this year. Doesn’t mean Zach won’t have a good year, I just don’t think he’s going to take a “huge” leap and the coaches are going to be preaching patience.  

3 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Just for sheer board entertainment value, I hope they play Wilson and go the old Mac Jones 3 pass game plan which leads us to victory.  

This place would be electric.

Two safeties and a field goal amiright??

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Hes 100% playing.  He doesnt even have a wrap on the knee.  He will wake up tomorrow, knee will feel fine and he will take the starter snaps Wednesday and notch it up to full speed.

Not sure if that video is from today... it doesn't say...if it is he's looks pretty good to me.. just wait until later today to see how the knee reacted to the workout... no inflammation/tenderness... Zach Will Start on Sunday.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

We both know the excuses are coming. There is going to be plenty of spin doctoring this year. Doesn’t mean Zach won’t have a good year, I just don’t think he’s going to take a “huge” leap and the coaches are going to be preaching patience.  

Probably, but we shouldn't accept them. As a fanbase, we deserve better than another sub .500 season along with promises of "its going to get better." Its time for this organization to start winning games and I think winning more games than they lose is a reasonable ask on our part. 

8 hours ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

Absolutely, he will. Then proceed to get reinjured on the first quarter, be iffy about coming back in 4 weeks, drag that out, and eventually be out for the year.

That would be a horrible scenario, but its not out of the realm of possibility. 

Aside from Wilson's performance, I'd like him to make it through the season without missing any more games. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

He hasn’t gotten enough reps. He needs more practice. He needs to be 100%. WTF is with you guys? 

Baker Mayfield played almost the entire season in a shoulder harness and had a cracked rib. This is football. Everyone gets banged up. Put him  in a knee brace, get him on the field and LFG!

I think using the example of a QB who had a subpar year and was unceremoniously dumped by his team so that they could replace him with a serial sexual predator is a great example why Zach should start week one. 

• Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Sadly this is vry true.

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, maury77 said:

Probably, but we shouldn't accept them. As a fanbase, we deserve better than another sub .500 season along with promises of "its going to get better." Its time for this organization to start winning games and I think winning more games than they lose is a reasonable ask on our part. 

Totally agree. It needs to be clear this organization has turned a corner this year. 

• Upvote 1