2 major advantages the NY Jets have over the Baltimore Ravens

LIJetsFan

1 hour ago, Bowles Movement said:

What?   Other teams get to trot out the injury excuse after a bad season?  
I thought you didn’t grade on a curve….

7 hours ago, Skeptable said:

and? Are you saying that skewed their stats?  I don't think you watched many Ravens games.

Fair points. Looking forward to The Tyler Conklin Game.

12 hours ago, slats said:

So all of the Jets’ advantages in this game are players new to the team and/or rookies? This is why, when the schedule came out, I was glad the Jets didn’t have any divisional games the first month of the season. I’m not so sure how advantageous these players are gonna be in their first action with the team. I hope they all prove to be core players over the course of the season, but week one? Tall order. 

You are right. 8 rookies, tons of 2nd/3rd year players and a 2nd year QB who struggled, 2 major(ish) vet signings on a young team with 2nd coaching/schemes does not bode well for the beginning of the season. This season may suck (at least at first), but I am optimistic about the second half of the season and the long term future of the team.

Still major question marks moving forward, but a lot to be optimistic about (instead of just looking forward to the draft), but it would be really nice to be playing meaningful games in December.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, RevisIsland610 said:

I would love for the team to look prepared from the opening set of downs but I have serious doubts about Robert Saleh and his ability to do such things. He talks a good game though. 

I worry about that also, but I look at the Giants game, and the 1st team D looked pretty good. I've been complaining about them the entire PS, so I need to also praise them when they do much better. Let's hope that continues.

8 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Raven's already outsmarting the Jets. They don't even have WRs.

They have 1 WR

Sauce should be on Bateman the entire game

Andrews needs to be bracketed on every 3rd down and in the red zone 

Isaiah Likely looks like he can run circles around any Jet LB or safety though, so there’s that too 

17 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

The biggest advantage might just be the element of surprise.  Like Baltimore will be surprised to see so many Jets players they've never really heard of before.

Our chief weapon is surprise!  Surprise and fear. . .  fear and surprise. . .  Our two weapons are fear and surprise. . .  and ruthless efficiency!  Our three weapons are fear, and surprise, and ruthless efficiency. . .  and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope!

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Not sure how you look at a Baltimore secondary featuring Marcus Williams, Kyle Hamilton, Chuck Clark, Marcus Peters, and Marlon Humphrey and say “haha, we can cook those guys up with Tyler Conklin.”

Feel how you will about these Jets, but how dare you besmirch the name of Tyler Conklin (soon to be People's Sexiest Man Alive).  This I will not stand for.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

They have 1 WR

Sauce should be on Bateman the entire game

Andrews needs to be bracketed on every 3rd down and in the red zone 

Isaiah Likely looks like he can run circles around any Jet LB or safety though, so there’s that too 

Ex chief / Ex Raider  Wr Demarcus Robinson  going to put up big numbers on the jets defense.  

17 hours ago, 68JET11 said:

I worry about that also, but I look at the Giants game, and the 1st team D looked pretty good. I've been complaining about them the entire PS, so I need to also praise them when they do much better. Let's hope that continues.

Thats because the Giants didn't play many of their starters. We will see what happens on Sunday. 

5 hours ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Thats because the Giants didn't play many of their starters. We will see what happens on Sunday. 

We shall, unfortunately I have to miss the first game as the wife and I are retirement property hunting this weekend.