Jets must see big Zach Wilson picture and start Joe Flacco Week 1

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

If it were a 2-week injury. He’d be practicing. I get that you’re doing your shtick, but it lands better when it makes sense.

Not if the jets are being cautious and not wanting to "rush him back".  It was a 2 week injury, they gave him one extra week to heal and not "rush him back".  Its actually the perfect way to do this.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

They dont practice until Wed.  Zach will be announced the starter by Saleh in the press conference prior to practice and he will get all starters reps, Wed, Thurs, and Fri.

I think if Saleh was going to announce him the starter, he would have done it yesterday. At this point he knows where Zach is health wise 

38 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Hey, why even have practice.  Just let players sit in meeting and watch film. Seems that it doesn't matter. 

Have you seen what NFL practices look like today , you basically described it to a T .  There's nothing game plan specific Zach has missed for Bal.  If he practices this week , he's good to go. 

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Not if the jets are being cautious and not wanting to "rush him back".  It was a 2 week injury, they gave him one extra week to heal and not "rush him back".  Its actually the perfect way to do this.  

lol okay

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

There are so many reasons not to start Kapono this week.

For one, this starting offensive line has had basically zero time to gel and get on the same page in terms of pass protection.

You have no idea how it’s really going to do until the live bullets start flying.

You really want to subject your injury prone QB who’s been in a golf cart the past 3 weeks to the Ravens D?

This.  If I'm Saleh, I'd like to see the OL in real action for a week before throwing Zack into the breach, dear friends.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I think if Saleh was going to announce him the starter, he would have done it yesterday. At this point he knows where Zach is health wise 

He specifically stated that he wanted to evaluate the knee today after the workout.  Unless it swelled up or there is a setback, Zach will start week 1.

26 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

I have NOT determined if he is a bust; I am not clairvoyant. I have NOT determined that he isn't. That is the point. If he is healthy he needs to play - he needs to get experience and he needs the season to either show what he has or not. That is the point.

If he is healthy and knows the offense he should play. We already know that Flacco isn't the guy and the team doesn't believe in him; they believe in Strev more than Flacco. Flacco's only value is keeping us in games if Zack is hurt. You heard Saleh - you can always say a QB needs more time - he is the starting QB, if he is healthy he will play,.

And what I have said is you can do that in 16 games instead of 17. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

He specifically stated that he wanted to evaluate the knee today after the workout.  Unless it swelled up or there is a setback, Zach will start week 1.

They know if his knee will swell up from a workout. They have been monitoring  it for a month. If they don't,  they need to fire the medical staff. 

Just now, Lurker89 said:

The board is split on this..... go figure.

i'm actually split on it myself...I mean you play him, he does even ok then it a good move he doesn't even have to win but if you play him and he plays bad and you rock his confidence that will be bad and may free up a lot of Sundays.

I'm leaning now a days to throw all your cards on the table and let happen what will happen

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

And what I have said is you can do that in 16 games instead of 17. 

YES - but you can't protect the guy forever; if he is healthy and the CS thinks he can handle the game plan he should start. I don't see what waiting a week does other than save ZW from a loss. Do you think Flacco really has a better chance than a rusty ZW? If healthy why would you want him to sit?

2 hours ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Wilson will only play if he practices wed/thurs/fri/sat 

Missing 3 weeks after practicing for MONTHS then practicing again 4 days will not take Wilson from good to bad 

Wilson could suck and it still wouldn’t mean he sucks, or maybe it does we won’t know week 1 no matter how he plays

its a long evaluation 

if Wilson is rusty, the only way to remove the rust is to play in real games. The sooner he does that the sooner we can learn about the player 

again, Joe burrow week 2 last year against the same ravens team- did the bengals rush him back? Did he suck last year? 

https://youtu.be/Pn3WjqSHAcI

Ok, I respectfully disagree with this viewpoint, but clearly many feel strongly that it's not an issue to stop him starting.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

They know if his knee will swell up from a workout. They have been monitoring  it for a month. If they don't,  they need to fire the medical staff. 

They have no clue how the knee will respond to Monday's workout.  What are they psychic?  There was no need to announce the starter on Monday as there is no practice today.  They are playing it safe, will re-evaluate the knee today and make the announcement Wed.  

Again, the Jets are doing everything right here.  Love it!

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

YES - but you can't protect the guy forever; if he is healthy and the CS thinks he can handle the game plan he should start. I don't see what waiting a week does other than save ZW from a loss. Do you think Flacco really has a better chance than a rusty ZW? If healthy why would you want him to sit?

What is this forever thing? We are talking about 1 game. I want to see h as much as anyone but I want to see him when he is 100%. 

11 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

They have no clue how the knee will respond to Monday's workout.  What are they psychic?  There was no need to announce the starter on Monday as there is no practice today.  They are playing it safe, will re-evaluate the knee today and make the announcement Wed.  

Again, the Jets are doing everything right here.  Love it!

I guess you never had surgery. My girlfriend just had a ligament  reattached and her therapist has been able to tell her every time she is going to get swollen from the therapy just from observing  her durring the session. Maybe the Jets should hire her. 

42 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Yeah, except he said he didn't know but would know by Wednesday morning.

Other than that you are 100% correct. ??

13 minutes ago, Jet25 said:

The most logical thing to do is sit ZW for week 1 and 2 for full recovery. Not worth rushing him back out there to risk another injury then having no choice but to move on from your potential franchise QB

Joe Flacco had a hamstring injury in 2017 , do they sit him this week because you know they could be risking he re-injures it. Its football guys are always going to play with injuries. 

if he is healthy u start him if he is not you dont-not that hard

sadly with wilson or joe the jets have one of the most difficult match ups right out of the gate

ravens by 21+

the jets schedule is not an easy one -hopefully the  young guns keep us entertained and are given full opportunity right out of the gate

Saleh was about to say it in the press conference but held back.  This was a 2 week injury but they conservatively said 2-4 weeks.  Jet fans who have no optimism and cant see the bright side of anything now have 4 weeks in their mind and they cant get past it.

This is a 2 week injury.  Jets gave him an extra week to heal and not rush him.  He worked out yesterday and it went well. He will be announced the start tomorrow morning, will take all 1st team reps Wed, Thurs and Fri and be ready to go Sunday.

This is not complicated.

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Saleh was about to say it in the press conference but held back.  This was a 2 week injury but they conservatively said 2-4 weeks.  Jet fans who have no optimism and cant see the bright side of anything now have 4 weeks in their mind and they cant get past it.

This is a 2 week injury.  Jets gave him an extra week to heal and not rush him.  He worked out yesterday and it went well. He will be announced the start tomorrow morning, will take all 1st team reps Wed, Thurs and Fri and be ready to go Sunday.

This is not complicated.

After 2 weeks, Zach was still at practice in a golfcart. 

Just now, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Robert Saleh’s goal seems to be to make Zach Wilson a thing or die trying 

Does he honestly think rushing a hobbled 2nd year QB out there vs the Ravens gives the team the “best chance to win”?

Hes not being rushed nor is he hobbled.  He was given and extra week to heal and his workout went well yesterday.

But keep ignoring facts.

5 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This is not complicated.

Fans are traumatized by the botched Becton injury timeline last year. 2-4 weeks must mean 2-4 months now.

• Haha 1