Jets must see big Zach Wilson picture and start Joe Flacco Week 1

11 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Yes. but early indications have not been positive. Not just the awful stats, but the comprehensive eye test.

If all your QB can do is the pull off the occasional schoolyard play embedded within a game-load of inconsistent and ineffective play, it is a big problem and has been a big problem.

Heck sake, he didn't even put together more than a few quality drives the entire season.

I want him to work out, but I don't see it happening.

This is where we differ.  You have already made up your mind.  Was it "hero ball" that pushed you over the edge?  Lol.

I am willing to wait.  12 games is not enough time to pull the plug, especially since he showed some improvement last year.  

We shall see.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, GandWFan said:

This is where we differ.  You have already made up your mind.  Was it "hero ball" that pushed you over the edge?  Lol.

I am willing to wait.  12 games is not enough time to pull the plug, especially since he showed some improvement last year.  

We shall see.

I dig fully.  

• Upvote 1

Zach Wilson was basically playing with a red non-contact jersey his final year at BYU

Literally had 5+ seconds to throw the ball behind a relative brick wall OL facing COVID defenses that looked like they were moving in quicksand 

How Joe Douglas took this as evidence of real “quarterbacking” ability is beyond me

To claim that context and level of competition doesn’t matter when evaluating players is like living in a fantasy version of reality 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

11 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Zach Wilson was basically playing with a red non-contact jersey his final year at BYU

Literally had 5+ seconds to throw the ball behind a relative brick wall OL facing COVID defenses that looked like they were moving in quicksand 

How Joe Douglas took this as evidence of real “quarterbacking” ability is beyond me

To claim that context and level of competition doesn’t matter when evaluating players is like living in a fantasy version of reality 

Lawrence and Fields played at the highest level of college competition and they stunk last year too. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, SickJetFan said:

This is why Saleh is a ******* idiot. If he plays Zach with minimal practice time and Zach sucks, it’s malfeasance. If he doesn’t play Zach, it’s going to look like a healthy scratch. Just shut the **** up, Bob. You’re not obligated to say a ******* word about your player’s health. You’re going to be coaching LBs for the Packers this time next year. Just shut the **** up.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

This is why Saleh is a ******* idiot. If he plays Zach with minimal practice time and Zach sucks, it’s malfeasance. If he doesn’t play Zach, it’s going to look like a healthy scratch. Just shut the **** up, Bob. You’re not obligated to say a ******* word about your player’s health. You’re going to be coaching LBs for the Packers this time next year. Just shut the **** up.

He'd never get a coaching job with the Packers.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

right but 95% of people watching the NFL have no clue what malfeasance is so it's fine.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

i think this is coordinated and they are building to something here.  when was the last time Zach had a presser?  seems to me they could make a news cycle before game 1 by 1st announcing him starter, then let Zach speak to the press where you know they gonna ask him WTF dude you sucked in PS how can we expect anything diff in Balt...sh*t like that  anywho big media stuff leading up to Balt game on Sunday.  Flacco @ Balt seems like a wet noodle at this point not gonna sell tickets but who knows that may be what happens

54 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Sounds like you have as well. 

Fans of poor performing QB's generally blame everyone else on the team for the QB's failures.

I'm not making definitive conclusions about Zach either way . I know 12 games is a pretty small sample size . Like most Jet fans I hope he evolves but I refuse to constantly bash him just because that's what the herd mentality here likes to do. If he fails he fails we  should know by the end of this season. 

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Does it really matter what saleh says at this point?  All these assistant coaches work their way up to hopefully get a HC gig for a few years.  Then it’s all about getting lucky with a qb to extend your tenure.  If you’re lucky enough to get a decent qb and get to the playoffs and even win a game or two there you can be considered a good enough coach to get another HC gig.  Saleh’s reputation is tied to wilson, so he may as well just go all in.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

LOL. Saleh is such an idiot he'll make more money in two years than you will make in a lifetime. Some of you make me tired.

18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

And if he says nothing , the story would be he's a coward and afraid to face the media and can't make a decision. Just like stats words or lack thereof can be twisted any way to fit a narrative. 

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I get what you're saying - but I think stuff like that will only be brought up on JetNation or Jets Twitter...

but mostly it's irrelevant what he says - it's not going to change an outcome.

He's going to be tied to W's and L's - or he'll be a LB coach in two years - yes.  Not because he played or sat his starting QB  in week 1 of his second year.

With that said, sure - smarter move is to shut up and simply say we're evaluating things - but that doesn't seem to be his way.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

I get what you're saying - but I think stuff like that will only be brought up on JetNation or Jets Twitter...

but mostly it's irrelevant what he says - it's not going to change an outcome.

He's going to be tied to W's and L's - or he'll be a LB coach in two years - yes.  Not because he played or sat his starting QB  in week 1 of his second year.

With that said, sure - smarter move is to shut up and simply say we're evaluating things - but that doesn't seem to be his way.

Saleh has a delicate line to cross here, piss off Zach who wants to play, complains to mommy milf, who complains to big brother, who complains to Woody pecker head...just sayin could happen

• WTF? 1

35 minutes ago, Jethead said:

LOL. Saleh is such an idiot he'll make more money in two years than you will make in a lifetime. Some of you make me tired.

Kevin Federline, today, possesses more wealth than anyone who has—or will ever have—shared a single shred of your DNA, buddy. Take a nap.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

He’s saying what he’s always been saying. What’s different? Stop cursing up a storm, so dramatic. 

Every NFL coach likes getting some extra scratch going on local radio and TV. Saleh has not yet figured out the art of  how to say nothing. 

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

You’re right, he should have selected Peyton Manning out of Tennessee. That kid is gonna be the real deal. 

I'm not sure he fully understands how sensitive jets fans are.....