Cimini Jets Season preview

kevinc855

2 hours ago, Hael said:

Now, if the defense completely bungles like it did last year, and the secondary is completely mismatched and we are getting blown up at the line of scrimmage, then yea maybe we have a problem.  If we have a repeat of last year, then yea they will likely enter the next year under the proverbial gun.

Good post except: 

If the D plays at last years level I very much expect our DC gets an immediate boot and our HC would be on one very hot seat.  Hell if this happens our DC might not last the entire season.    

2 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

And every single bit of that comes down to the QB. What would the Jets record be this up coming year with Matt Stafford or Drew Brees or Josh Allen at QB ? Or maybe even the great Mike ****in White ?

The top four cap numbers for the Rams are each Hall of Famers: Donald, Ramsey, Kupp, and Stafford. The top four guys on the Jets? Corey Davis, Carl Lawson, John Franklin Myers and George Fant. 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

The top four cap numbers for the Rams are each Hall of Famers: Donald, Ramsey, Kupp, and Stafford. The top four guys on the Jets? Corey Davis, Carl Lawson, John Franklin Myers and George Fant. 

Yep. There is this theme that JD is frugal, and smart in that way. Kinda, maybe towards not one player but hes invested ALOT of money in some questionable barely above average guys in a whole. Its a risky strategy in some ways. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Cyberjet said:

5-6 wins is unacceptable. This season we will find out about 2 people: Wilson and Saleh. No excuses. Douglas has done his job

Short of you pulling your support for the team, honestly it doesn’t matter if you find it “unacceptable”.  You don’t make hiring firing decisions. 

what, exactly, is a meaningful game? especially one down the stretch?  a meaningful game could be one where they have the chance of making the playoffs or it could be one where they're acting like a spoiler and knocking a team out.  only one of these scenarios is acceptable at this point.  i'm not even close to ready to give up on saleh but man he needs to start breathing the fire.

1 hour ago, Jetluv58 said:

Short of you pulling your support for the team, honestly it doesn’t matter if you find it “unacceptable”.  You don’t make hiring firing decisions. 

What the F are u talking about. As a fan I find it unacceptable and I want everyone to know that I have no power to make firing and hiring decisions about Jets personnel just in case anyone thought I did. Unbelievable 

They've gone 11 straight years out of the playoffs, the longest active streak in the NFL and tied for the longest in franchise history.

....doesn't want to hear about moral victories and carefully crafted marketing campaigns that highlight the emerging youth on the roster.

It wants to see tangible progress, meaning wins.

My position, in a nutshell.

3 hours ago, Jetluv58 said:

One can say the same about almost everything in life.  Politics, for example.

And yet, people still enjoy saying their peace when they're not happy. 

We all know we don't make the decisions.  Yet we all like to have our say here, even if it's just pissing into the wind.

27 minutes ago, Warfish said:

One can say the same about almost everything in life.  Politics, for example.

And yet, people still enjoy saying their peace when they're not happy. 

We all know we don't make the decisions.  Yet we all like to have our say here, even if it's just pissing into the wind.

Yeah, I was off on that response. Guess I’m frustrated too. 

3 minutes ago, Jetluv58 said:

Yeah, I was off on that response. Guess I’m frustrated too. 

We all are.  :(

This suuuuuuuuucks.

While some of us were ok giving Wilson an extra week to maybe be more ready, I don't think any of us thought we'd hear "Week 4, maybe" today.  That's crushing.

Ultimately, Zach Faithful or Zach Doubter, we all (I think) know we need to see Zach play, as much as is humanly possible, in 2022.  And he needs those reps.  To lose three games right off the bat isn't good for anyone in the fan world.  

If I wanted to put a smiley spin on it, maybe it'll be good for Zach, to be truly healthy when he returns, and to see how Flacco runs the O while he's um, not starting.

What else can we hope for really?  Not much, sadly.

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

JetsOL.PNG

Definitely a more than legitimate Joe Douglas complaint.  He's a supposed OL guru yet the current starting OL costs a combined $34.1M against the cap this year (18 % of the total cap).  And that doesn't even include Becton's salary.  

That shouldn't be happening.  The OL absolutely needs to be elite this year to justify that kind of spending.  

• Upvote 1