Josh Allen

Shelbyblue

2 hours ago, BillsFanBurner said:

Cam Newton badly injured his AC joint while trying to make a tackle after throwing a pick. The AC joint is the worst possible injury for a QB to have other than maybe the elbow. It never healed properly so he lost all of his throwing power. That's a freak injury on a freak play. It wasn't caused by an accumulation of hits. That's a total myth.

Studies have shown most QB injuries occur inside the pocket. When Allen takes contact he is inviting the contact and bracing for it. He has a knack for avoiding really serious hits. He's big and strong and instinctive. One day his athleticism will drop off with age but since his cerebral game has gotten so good and will continue to develop he will be fine. He'll have a 15-20 year career from here. Book it.

No man he won't...

There is a difference between a running QB with football IQ and takes hits only when they have to and the mindless thriving of contact that Newton and Allen have... he will have the NFL life of any RB... you got 3 years. 

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

/facepalm

Clearly either I didn't make my point well, or you simply didn't understand it.

I guess if you feel you deserve credit for liking Allan in that draft class, then by all means, feel credited.

I wish I could say I've profited from it, my friend.  ?

But all it does is get me flack from other fans.

24 minutes ago, PorP said:

No man he won't...

There is a difference between a running QB with football IQ and takes hits only when they have to and the mindless thriving of contact that Newton and Allen have... he will have the NFL life of any RB... you got 3 years. 

It's sad that your best hope as a Jets fan is rooting for a person to be injured. But I get it. No chance you guys will ever catch up to the Bills until Allen retires unless he suffers a freak injury. I take it as a compliment that Jets fans have moved on from hoping Allen stops playing well and have moved on to hoping he breaks something.

BTW they don't make RBs that look like Josh Allen. With that build he could be an all-time great RB or TE but he was gifted with a $100 million arm and a $100 million attitude.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BillsFanBurner said:

It's sad that your best hope as a Jets fan is rooting for a person to be injured. But I get it. No chance you guys will ever catch up to the Bills until Allen retires unless he suffers a freak injury. I take it as a compliment that Jets fans have moved on from hoping Allen stops playing well and have moved on to hoping he breaks something.

BTW they don't make RBs that look like Josh Allen. With that build he could be an all-time great RB or TE but he was gifted with a $100 million arm and a $100 million attitude.

Are you intentionally being a fool? 

Where did I wish harm on anyone? 

I pointed out the reality of when QBs or and high contact position that thrive off of contact, the playing life is short. 

And your right RBs are significantly more beefy than Allen and why his career will be short. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, BillsFanBurner said:

Also guy....

I'm from Northern NY originally and my wife is a bills fan. 

When the bills make the play offs and Jets dont.... I'm rooting for the bills. 

I wish no harm on that team or Allen.  

And to close,  as a guy with even and ounce of pride. I want the Jets to be better than a good or great bills team at some point.  There is 0 value in hoping for a situation where we simply suck less. 

21 minutes ago, BillsFanBurner said:

Poor You GIF by Judge Judy

53 minutes ago, PorP said:

Also guy....

I'm from Northern NY originally and my wife is a bills fan. 

When the bills make the play offs and Jets dont.... I'm rooting for the bills. 

I wish no harm on that team or Allen.  

And to close,  as a guy with even and ounce of pride. I want the Jets to be better than a good or great bills team at some point.  There is 0 value in hoping for a situation where we simply suck less. 

I have an undergrad Fredonia NY.   I feel same way. They are a solid fan base.  

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, BillsFanBurner said:

105 GIF by NBC

7 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Not only are the Jets historically terrible, but we have the luck of being in a division in which every other team takes turns turning into a juggernaut with an elite QB. 

To the incompetent, competence is interpreted as luck.

(I mean the Jets, not you)

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, BillsFanBurner said:

Let's not get cocky, hey? We don't want to turn into KC fans. Just remember the Losman years and be thankful we even have a chance these days

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, defensedoesntgetyoulaid said:

Let's not get cocky, hey? We don't want to turn into KC fans. Just remember the Losman years and be thankful we even have a chance these days

Allen could lose his running juice and still be a long time starter in the league. His improvement throwing the ball really might be unprecedented. It’s wonderous to observe and defies all historical models. It would be folly, however, for teams to over rely on him as a reason to hang on to poorly-performing QBs too long…

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, defensedoesntgetyoulaid said:

If you look at my post history before this thread I'm not a troll. I just hate fans that secretly root for injuries, and you can see that all throughout this thread.

5 hours ago, jgb said:

Allen could lose his running juice and still be a long time starter in the league. His improvement throwing the ball really might be unprecedented. It’s wonderous to observe and defies all historical models. It would be folly, however, for teams to over rely on him as a reason to hang on to poorly-performing QBs too long…

I think Lamar Jackson made an even more striking improvement with his passing ability.  

On 9/6/2022 at 4:03 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

sir, the correct thread title is "Buffalo Bills RB Josh Allen".

funnt thing isd Josh was allowed to sit in pocket and learn progressions,,

folks forget darnold rated higher than Josh in rookie year,Josh set rookie record for interceptions.

BUT, new Bills GM Beane then went out and in free agency literally got the top 5 free agent offensive linemen.

Next year Bills won 7 or 8 I think but way down on INTs as Josh HAD TIME TO BE IN POCKET TO GET THRU 3 progressions. Following year they got Diggs and they made wildcard.

You have to have a solid OL in NFL to even ave a chance to either win or leyt your QB learn or thrive,,

• Upvote 2

On 9/9/2022 at 11:07 AM, Facts said:

Allen was 80 freaking percent last night for 300 yards and 3 TD’s. What is not pocket passer enough for you!? 

Can we please lock this depressing ass thread

He also threw two interceptions last night.   One game doesn’t make a season.   ( you’re judged on 17 games, not one) You run like that and someone going to eventually  take his knee out .    One big hit and let’s see how effective he is throwing from the pocket .     You run like that and sooner or later it’s going to end bad for you.    Paging Buffalo backup Qb.   

20 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

He also threw two interceptions last night.   One game doesn’t make a season.   ( you’re judged on 17 games, not one) You run like that and someone going to eventually  take his knee out .    One big hit and let’s see how effective he is throwing from the pocket .     You run like that and sooner or later it’s going to end bad for you.    Paging Buffalo backup Qb.   

All stats and data show that QBs suffer more injuries per play in the pocket. Running QBs actually get hit at a lower rate than all, but the most prolific "pocket" passers (Manning, Brady, Brees). Allen has not missed a game in 3 seasons. A better argument might be looking at release times. Stafford literally was bleeding at the end of the game and took worse hits imo.

9 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

All stats and data show that QBs suffer more injuries per play in the pocket. Running QBs actually get hit at a lower rate than all, but the most prolific "pocket" passers (Manning, Brady, Brees). Allen has not missed a game in 3 seasons. A better argument might be looking at release times. Stafford literally was bleeding at the end of the game and took worse hits imo.

We’re not arguing this in a vacuum.  You’re right that most running QBs today look to AVOID contact and thus get hit less.  They’re playing it smart with the hits they take.

Allen isn’t really in that category.  He’s a big dude built like a LB, similar to Cam Newton, and seems to relish contact.  He’s very different from, say, Kyler Murray.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2022 at 7:34 PM, Raideraholic said:

BUMP.

This was Raideraholic’s most recent post.  I wonder what happened since that time that’s causing him to be so darn busy?

And yes, I did just bump a Josh Allen thread in the process of necro-burning another poster.  The irony of that is not lost on me.  

• Haha 1

On 9/10/2022 at 2:45 AM, defensedoesntgetyoulaid said:

Bills are obviously SB front runners at this point.

Team is absolutely stacked from top to bottom.

If there’s one concern, I think it’s the HC.  I wouldn’t trust him in a big spot.

Hard to explain but something about the guy just emits loser choke vibes.

Obviously the team has been able to thrive regardless, or IDK, I guess whatever he’s been doing has been working… until the playoffs, at least.

On 9/6/2022 at 3:01 PM, Shelbyblue said:

Does it make you sick to your Damn stomach that he is now considered a top 5 and some have him #1 overall. The Jets picked Darnold and he will be a permanent backup for the rest of his career now!?

Considering it should have been Mahomes II over Admas, no it doesn't make me sick Allen is with the Bills. 

On 9/10/2022 at 12:52 PM, jgb said:

Allen wasn't "poorly performing" for very long. Only in his first year, and he was still entertaining as hell. 

3 hours ago, roscoeword said:

Allen wasn't "poorly performing" for very long. Only in his first year, and he was still entertaining as hell. 

Glad to hear you say that. I don’t expect him to be bandied about any longer as “proof” any sh*t QB will suddenly become good.

Season 9 Nbc GIF by The Office

• Upvote 1

On 9/6/2022 at 4:03 PM, chirorob said:

Pat Mahomes.

Does it make you sick to your stomach that we took box safety.?

Dan Marino.   Does it make you sick to your stomach?

To be fair if we didn’t pick Adams then we wouldn’t have AVT AND Wilson.  Plus if you out if you out Mahomes on the 2017-21 Jets he isn’t even close to the same player in terms of production because we literally had no weapons or oline 

• WTF? 1

11 hours ago, RJIII said:

Considering it should have been Mahomes II over Admas, no it doesn't make me sick Allen is with the Bills. 

Allen > Mahomes

Ive said it before and i’ll say it again. 

Mahomes was drafted into the perfect situation. He went to a team with a hall of fame head coach, hall of fame tight end, good defense, and a team that had made the playoffs 3 of the last 4 seasons.

Allen went to a dumpster fire.

Put Allen on the Chiefs and he already has an MVP and ring.