Josh Allen

Shelbyblue

52 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Once his offensive coordinator left it was all over for Allen.

Probably will get to make a speech when Danny Dimes is inducted in the hall of fame.

Glad that someone else finally understands. You and me will be able to tell everyone else that we knew what was what way back when. 

GIF by Saturday Night Live

1 hour ago, GandWFan said:

And the second greatest win I have ever seen.  51-45 win in overtime with a bomb to Westley Walker.  What a game!

Was there that day as well Normally like a little more defense but you are right WHAT A GAME WHAT A FINISH 

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, GandWFan said:

Still don't understand OBrien over Marino.  Hey, we are the Jets. ?

Because Marino apparently tried coke in college. Jets prefer Boy Scouts with nice backstories.

Sure, they suck, but what nice kids and upstanding young gentlemen.

Jets aren't exactly a garden destination (despite representing the Garden State). Stop being choosers and become a halfway house for scallywags, degenerates, rogues and rakes.

Hell, our franchise's most famous player was constantly being threatened with suspensions and bannings for the company he kept. By the pre-social-media standards of his time, Joe was an absolute maniac.

I do not care how many merit badges players earned in Cub Scouts. To quote Jamal Adams, "WE NEED MORE DAWGS."

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

Because Marino apparently tried coke in college. Jets prefer Boy Scouts with nice backstories.

Jets aren't exactly a garden destination (despite representing the Garden State). Stop being choosers and become a halfway house for scallywags, degenerates, rogues and rakes.

clemonsNo.jpg.007439cbcdc621a4521f7688b8b8008e.jpg

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, jgb said:

Hell, our franchise's most famous player was constantly being threatened with suspensions and bannings for the company he kept. By the pre-social-media standards of his time, Joe was an absolute maniac.

I do not care how many merit badges players earned in Cub Scouts. To quote Jamal Adams, "WE NEED MORE DAWGS."

Marino also had a really disappointing senior season in college - I think he dropped for a variety of reasons 

2 minutes ago, chirorob said:

I freely admit, I was wrong.

I wanted Baker.  Allen was not accurate, I dod not think that could be fixed.   I also thought Darnold was turnover prone, and would continue to be so.

I was also off. Had them ranked: Baker, Darnold, Allen, Lamar, every other person who ever saw a football in real life, Rosen (who I called "undraftable).

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, jgb said:

Everyone in the universe except the Jets knew Marino was a better prospect than O'Brien.

was a terrible pick, BUT

a LOT of teams passed on Marino (he was picked 27th overall). 

The Chiefs took Todd Blackledge over him and the Pats took Tony Eason over him. For whatever reason, a lot of teams were scared off. It was like the Aaron Rodgers draft, but worse. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, slimjasi said:

was a terrible pick, BUT

The Chiefs took Todd Blackledge over him and the Pats took Tony Eason over him. For whatever reason, a lot of teams were scared off. It was like the Aaron Rodgers draft, but worse. 

They also passed on O'Brien, I will point out.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Shelbyblue said:

Does it make you sick to your Damn stomach that he is now considered a top 5 and some have him #1 overall. The Jets picked Darnold and he will be a permanent backup for the rest of his career now!?

Moreover, I wanted Allen over all QBs in the draft.  Yes, it sucks.

4 hours ago, Shelbyblue said:

Does it make you sick to your Damn stomach that he is now considered a top 5 and some have him #1 overall. The Jets picked Darnold and he will be a permanent backup for the rest of his career now!?

Allen would have suffered the same fate if the Jets drafted him.

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

was a terrible pick, BUT

But not worse because Rogers is a better QB with a Super Bowl ring.

I was so wrong about that whole QB class.

• Allen’s lack of accuracy against sh*t schools made me want no part of him regardless of his physical traits. Now he’s a MVP candidate

• I thought Rosen was going to be really good.

• I thought Darnold and Baker were going to be neck and neck the best 2 to come out of the class and both FQBs. 

• I think Lamar would be a gadget player backup QB. Now he’s going to eat our lunch come Sunday…

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I was so wrong about that whole QB class.

• Allen’s lack of accuracy against sh*t schools made me want no part of him regardless of his physical traits. Now he’s a MVP candidate

• I thought Rosen was going to be really good.

• I thought Darnold and Baker were going to be neck and neck the best 2 to come out of the class and both FQBs. 

• I think Lamar would be a gadget player backup QB. Now he’s going to eat our lunch come Sunday…

QB is the hardest position to scout in sport 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Shelbyblue said:

Actually if I cared about this stuff, I would be more pissed about Mahomes. At least we picked a QB in the Allen draft. 

4 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

to be fair, Hackenberg gave us the philosophical gem of "We can't know if he's a bad NFL QB because he's never played a regular season snap" which has got to be worth something. 

3 hours ago, JiFapono said:

I guess he still does since he never played a single down

C'mon.  You guys already forgot about his legendary AAF performance?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/02/11/aaf-debut-christian-hackenberg-showed-why-he-never-played-down-nfl/

In AAF debut, Christian Hackenberg showed why he never played a down in the NFL

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/02/11/christian-hackenberg-former-jets-qb-aaf-debut

Former Jets QB Christian Hackenberg Fizzles in Profanity-Laden AAF Debut

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/02/christian-hackenberg-aaf-debut-cursing-bad

A mic'd up Christian Hackenberg kept cursing during his awful AAF debut

Hackenberg finished the game 10 of 23 passing for 87 yards and an interception. He was sacked twice. The Express lost, 26-0.

• Haha 2