Josh Allen

Shelbyblue

1 hour ago, LockeJET said:

Id take Allen even over Mahomes. The fact that we could’ve had Allen and kept 3 2nd rounders is sickening!

Allen is the best QB in the NFL. 

Mahomes was put in the most perfection situation with a hall of fame head coach, tight end, wide receiver, great defense, etc. It made his greatness even greater. 

Allen got put on a team that hadn’t been to the playoffs since 1920 and made them into a super bowl favorite.

Now can we kick this thread? It’s depressing. We literally took that red headed flat faced dork over Allen.

The saddest part of that 2018 Draft was that with Mayfield off the board, it was really just a 3 man QB debate because at the time, Lamar wasn't going up high.  

That means the Jets had a 33% chance of just lucking into picking Allen.  That's a better hit rate than most 1st round QB's.  

Let's assume for a moment they didn't like Rosen.....and it was just between Darnold and Allen....that's a coin toss of just lucking into the right guy.

Nope.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

The saddest part of that 2018 Draft was that with Mayfield off the board, it was really just a 3 man QB debate because at the time, Lamar wasn't going up high.  

That means the Jets had a 33% chance of just lucking into picking Allen.  That's a better hit rate than most 1st round QB's.  

Let's assume for a moment they didn't like Rosen.....and it was just between Darnold and Allen....that's a coin toss of just lucking into the right guy.

Nope.

Rosen was 100 % ahead of Allen on Macc’s board.

So it was really a 0 % chance of Allen ending up a Jet.

GIF by Achievement Hunter

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/7/2022 at 12:07 PM, rangerous said:

whatever.  the bills got the better qb in that draft including jackson.  the jets problem was that idiot mac just didn't understand how a big strong kid who could take a pounding could play the position.  maybe allen doesn't have the accuracy that rothlisberger had but he sure knows how to shed tacklers and make those same kinds of ab lib throws.  give the guy credit for being able to play and improve his passing ability.

You run as much as Josh Allen and eventually bad things are going to happen. All it takes one hit , and doesn’t matter how big you’re( defenders taught to go low on big guys )  , as it can end your career.      Give me pocket passer Qb who can win his arm,  not this exciting guy who not most accurate passer,  but is very dangerous dual threat.    
Qb’s like Josh Allen don’t last long playing that style , and once that mobility is gone , let’s see if they can win with their arm just.    

The Bills have real exciting Qb , but have very short window , as you can’t take the shots he takes out there.     This is the NFL .   Not For Long - you keep playing with fire, you’re eventually going to get burnt. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Raideraholic said:

You run as much as Josh Allen and eventually bad things are going to happen. All it takes one hit , and doesn’t matter how big you’re( defenders taught to go low on big guys )  , as it can end your career.      Give me pocket passer Qb who can win his arm,  not this exciting guy who not most accurate passer,  but is very dangerous dual threat.    
Qb’s like Josh Allen don’t last long playing that style , and once that mobility is gone , let’s see if they can win with their arm just.    

The Bills have real exciting Qb , but have very short window , as you can’t take the shots he takes out there.     This is the NFL .   Not For Long - you keep playing with fire, you’re eventually going to get burnt. 

Allen is also a pretty good thrower of the football. If his knee gets destroyed, he will be less effective but won’t be completely RGIII’d.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, August said:

2021 is eerily similar. Mac Jones was too much of a reach to draft at number 2. Fields and Lance were considered projects. So guess who was the “safe” pick? Zach Wilson. 

I wanted Fields and I don’t think he is a project.

I think this year he is going to prove why I thought that Fields should be the pick and he will do so on a Bad Team!!

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Raideraholic said:

true enough but he's also learning to play a more controlled game.  the bills helped him quite a bit by getting reliable receivers like diggs and as long as allen has confidence in his receivers he's less likely to take off running.  we'll see soon enough about injuries.  i don't know of any qb who gets through 5 seasons without some bad injury.

2 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

He is a better version of Lamar.  He has developed into an accurate passer.

I agree with your premise.  After watching Brady lumber around for twenty years, I cannot see a knee injury making him a worse rusher than Brady.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, August said:

2021 is eerily similar. Mac Jones was too much of a reach to draft at number 2. Fields and Lance were considered projects. So guess who was the “safe” pick? Zach Wilson. 

Wilson was a safe pick?

not sure about that one. Most of us looked at him as boom or bust and a number of us were concerned over his injury history. 

edit: injury 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

I mean, LOL at Jets fans talking about a top tier QB’s potential future injury concerns when our dogsh*t QB is out indefinitely with a knee boo-boo he got while prancing in the grass.

"Prancing in the grass" nets my first laugh of the day.  Love the imagery. 

You see the post game?  Josh Allen is as huge as Von Miller.  

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Facts said:

Allen is the best QB in the NFL. 

Mahomes was put in the most perfection situation with a hall of fame head coach, tight end, wide receiver, great defense, etc. It made his greatness even greater. 

Allen got put on a team that hadn’t been to the playoffs since 1920 and made them into a super bowl favorite.

Now can we kick this thread? It’s depressing. We literally took that red headed flat faced dork over Allen.

This post lacks facts. 

Fact,  Allen rookie year some of his stats were worst in NFL history... could you imagine jets fans if ZW had a 52.8% completion instead of 55.8

Allen in year 2 on a fantastic bills teams was still suspect,  better overall but still with 58% completion. 

Year 3 and 4 is where Allen got good and great. 

Now insert Allen into the Jets and what do you see....

Mongo fans tearing him down over 2 years... boo'ing him.... shoot ZW is an absolute bust in rookie year according to this place... no need for year 2 or 3..

Mongo fans tearing down the CS and GM for the terrible pick

A Mongo media that incites rioting fans and pressure on the organization.....

Allen didn't have to deal with a ton of that, some but he also got a ton of support from Buffalo. 

Our fan base is so idiotically impatient there is no way Allen survives the Jets. 

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Rhg1084 said:

Allen looks like he was built in a lab. Huge guy who can throw the ball 100 yards, or he can just take off and barrel over defenders stiff arming them into oblivion. Gonna have a tough time stopping this guy 

The stiff arm was absolutely stunning.  But what impressed me last night--and what the announcers said--is that he seems to have gone to another level in understanding coverages and how the game is played.   Plus, when he loads up to fit the ball into a tight window, his arm strength is ridiculous.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

The stiff arm was absolutely stunning.  But what impressed me last night--and what the announcers said--is that he seems to have gone to another level in understanding coverages and how the game is played.   Plus, when he loads up to fit the ball into a tight window, his arm strength is ridiculous.

The touch on the floater to Davis was unreal. Just as good as the stuff arm imo.

• Upvote 1

On 9/6/2022 at 4:41 PM, GandWFan said:

Marino was the best QB of his era.  No one was close....just sayin'

I agree with you. I still remember watching the draft, and thinking how lucky the Jets were that Marino fell to them at 24. Then unbelievably they reached for Ken O’Brien. That was much worse than bypassing Allen for Darnold because Darnold was the consensus top pick in the 2018 draft. OBrien was a division two QB who no mock had going that high. Terrible.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Flightattendant said:

The touch on the floater to Davis was unreal. Just as good as the stuff arm imo.

Yup.  Fantastic fake by the Bills on that short down play.  Lots of QBs would have blown the throw to a wide open Davis.  And where the hell did they find Davis?   That kid looks to be a money receiver.

4 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

I agree with you. I still remember watching the draft, and thinking how lucky the Jets were that Marino fell to them at 24. Then unbelievably they reached for Ken O’Brien. That was much worse than bypassing Allen for Darnold because Darnold was the consensus top pick in the 2018 draft. OBrien was a division two QB who no mock had going that high. Terrible.

Yeah I don't give any flack for picking darnold. I was on that hype train. 

Here's the thing with Allen. I still don't think he was all that good of a prospect coming out of college. He definitely wasn't any better than darnold or Wils. Here's the thing. They gave him snaps and surrounded him with opportunities to succeed. Meanwhile we still have no OLine. 

If we are being fair here, not 1 expert on this board wanted Allen, all of the experts were convinced of his sucktitude because of his awful completion percentage ad accuracy and some other advanced QB metrics they look at. In fact, when any analyst said he was the best of the bunch, they were mocked with the Gettlemen air typing on a computer gif

10 hours ago, BillsFanBurner said:

I had to come back and quote these two ? posts. You guys seriously thought Brian Daboll was responsible for Allen's success?? Was Belichick responsible for Brady's? McCarthy for Rodgers? Etc.....

I understand that life is miserable as a Jets fan right now. You guys went from 20 years of Tom Brady to 20 years of Josh Allen. You'll spend the next two decades much like you spent the last two - constantly spinning your wheels trying to find a QB and coach that can keep up. Have fun. And mind your P's and Q's when you talk **** about the new King of the AFC East.

I didn't mention daboll, chucklehead. Inbreeding is real. 

1 hour ago, ZachEY said:

I mean, LOL at Jets fans talking about a top tier QB’s potential future injury concerns when our dogsh*t QB is out indefinitely with a knee boo-boo he got while prancing in the grass.

Very true.  But suggesting to a Bills fan that Allen's career will last 12-15 years (and likely be dominant for at least 10 of those) rather than 20 isn't exactly an attempt at a sick burn.  

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

If we are being fair here, not 1 expert on this board wanted Allen, all of the experts were convinced of his sucktitude because of his awful completion percentage ad accuracy and some other advanced QB metrics they look at. In fact, when any analyst said he was the best of the bunch, they were mocked with the Gettlemen air typing on a computer gif

I was pretty convinced that he would stink.  There is almost no precedent in the modern age for a guy with his completion percentage in college (he actually completed something like 47% of his passes in Junior College and barely over 50% at Wyoming) becoming a very good pro QB.

Compared to Michael Maccagnan, Joe Douglas should be in Canton:

— Macc passed on the top 2 QBs in the NFL

#1 Mahomes ?

#2 Allen ?

— Did so for a box safety and ginger-haired career backup

— Gave away three premium 2nd round picks in the process

— Passed on Mahomes in order to give Hindenberg another year 

— Worst part is J&J kept that loser around for over 4 years, allowing him to hire Adam Gase ? among countless other all-time embarrassing moves 

10 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

I was pretty convinced that he would stink.  There is almost no precedent in the modern age for a guy with his completion percentage in college (he actually completed something like 47% of his passes in Junior College and barely over 50% at Wyoming) becoming a very good pro QB.

Pretty much everyone on this board who thinks stats are the only factor, felt the same way