Flacco starting against Ravens; Wilson out until week 4: MERGED

Rhg1084

Every day, I am filled with greater and greater enthusiasm for the Zach Wilson pick at #2.   Also, I'm coming to finally comprehend the cerebral articulations which must have been involved before JD, Saleh and Woody pulled the trigger on BYU.  Thank you, gentlemen.

Look, we've had a bunch of busts at QB and lots of other positions.  But there is no doubt that Zach Wilson will surpass them all by a parsec or more.  Number two pick?  He's a Jet debacle wrapped around a cataclysmic blunder.

"The earliest we're going to see him is Pittsburgh" Coach Saleh on Zach Wilson.

I feel really bad about saying this and I hate to be this kind of a Jets fan but I'm too old to live in a world of fantasy;

But YAYYYYY!!!!!! There's a chance this team can get out of September not mired in last place in the AFCE again.

6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Let me be very clear.

Mommy Wilson, the Wilson Family, Zach Wilson or Jet Blue have NONE, ZERO influence on any Jet personal decisions, any injury concerns, any playing time...NOTHING at all to do with the organization.

Even if you wanted to believe that somehow, some player's families have a say over their playing time - that player must have some leverage.

Is he good enough to cause a problem by threatening to sit out? Is he coming up on a contract year? Is he willing to be the "bad guy" ?

None of those things apply to Wilson.  Without leverage you can't dictate policy.  It's pretty basic.

We want to discuss Wilson being injury prone, sure...that's fair.

We want to discuss Wilson over Flacco, sure...that's fair.

But we need to put to bed this entirely absurd idea that this has ANYTHING to do with him or his family.  

lol you know this how?

20 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Zach’s career is in absolute free fall, my friend. His people should get involved. 

Not sure I'm following your time line or logic.

Even if we take your initial premise as accurate - his career is in a free fall! (which it isn't but only your wishful thinking)

Why would that be? and more importantly, why would that be the Jet's organization's fault?

• Because he played the first two series in a pre-season game?
  • Because he had a non-contact injury?
  • The Jets organization clearly committed serious resrouces to helping build around him

So I ask, understanding the above - even if Wilson's family had the leverage to make anything happen inside the Jets organization (which they don't) What would their reasoning be?

If his career is on a free fall - that's his own issue - and the only way to solve that problem is to get on the field and change it.

• Upvote 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

His head coach was saying, literally 24 hours ago, that Wilson was looking great and could possibly start a football game in five days

Who are they talking to to trade BYU? Seattle makes sense but would need to be a 3-way to return Jimmy G to the Jets.

2 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Every day, I am filled with greater and greater enthusiasm for the Zach Wilson pick at #2.   Also, I'm coming to finally comprehend the cerebral articulations which must have been involved before JD, Saleh and Woody pulled the trigger on BYU.  Thank you, gentlemen.

Look, we've had a bunch of busts at QB and lots of other positions.  But there is no doubt that Zach Wilson will surpass them all by a parsec or more.  Number two pick?  He's a Jet debacle wrapped around a cataclysmic blunder.

you know you are one of my favorite posters on here but to throw out articulations, parsec and cataclysmic on a wednesday afternoon is simply too much for my brain to try and comprehend

• Haha 2

Looks like Zach caught the ol' Bectonitis ... 2-4 weeks turning into 4-8 weeks ... which will turn into 8-16 weeks ... which will turn into IR for 2023.

I shoulda waited until today to order my tickets .. now I'm out a grand to watch Flacco or worse Mike Freaking Noodle Dick White play Cincy .... at least give me Streveler.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

His head coach was saying, literally 24 hours ago, that Wilson was looking great and could possibly start a football game in five days

I mean, his knee could have puffed up - Zach could have looked lost - or perhaps, gamesmanship?

6 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Lmfao 

What will you do when Zach is finally 86’ed from NY? 

I hope you don’t lose all control and hurt someone ?

I'm not the angry one here - lacking control of my L's M's O's and questions marks.

I'm trying to have a rational conversation about Zach being out 8 weeks - and why were we told 2-4?

That's my concern here.   If you're argument is Wilson is a pussy, then we really haven't nothing to argue..but if you would like to make another observation - I would love to hear it.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

So I ask, understanding the above - even if Wilson's family had the leverage to make anything happen inside the Jets organization (which they don't) What would their reasoning be?

Okay, if @Joe W. Namath starts opposing Matt and T0m's conspiracy theory, as well, I might have to start believing it.

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Not sure I'm following your time line or logic.

Even if we take your initial premise as accurate - his career is in a free fall! (which it isn't but only your wishful thinking)

Why would that be? and more importably, why would that be the Jet's organization's fault?

• Because he played the first two series in a pre-season game?
  • Because he had a non-contact injury?
  • The Jets organization clearly committed serious resrouces to helping build around him

If his career is on a free fall - that's his own issue - and the only way to solve that problem is to get on the field and change it.

The way you fix it is to extricate your boy away from the QB meat grinder that has been the New York Jets organization before you end up like Sam Darnold. 

• Sympathy 2

Just now, Trotter said:

you know you are one of my favorite posters on here but to throw out articulations, parsec and cataclysmic on a wednesday afternoon is simply too much for my brain to try and comprehend

lol  No joke, I'm sitting here with my son, who's eating lunch.  We are just beside ourselves with the Zach fiasco.  No matter what, this team just finds the dolts, especially at QB.

• Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

I mean, his knee could have puffed up - Zach could have looked lost - or perhaps, gamesmanship?

That’s not what they offered at all in the press conference. The new story is that they’re afraid of “further injury” from the bone bruise(?), which seems to make no sense considering those same doctors were letting him run around and do drills.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1