Flacco starting against Ravens; Wilson out until week 4: MERGED

Rhg1084

3 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Alternate theory.  Zach is healthy and Lafleur thinks he sucks and doesn't want to play him.   Zach is Mims but they can't say it.  

I would not rule it out but listened to Saleh sounds like the doctors were worried about the bone bruise and that could somehow lead to another injury.  I would also not rule out Mommy Wilson sticker her nose in after hearing what the doctors have said.

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This was absolutely my thought as well. Team Wilson stepped in and put an end to Saleh ******* around with their darling boy. As they should! 

It is such an absurd take - and you have half the board agreeing you.  

This is the same problem with we had with Becton - The NY Jets medical staff is a joke - and their communications department are awful.

But there's nothing diabolical going on here.  Wilson't family has no leverage here - not a single, sliver of leverage to dictate anything.  AT AlL.  

Jets want Zach Wilson to be 110% healthy. That is mathematically impossible.

On a serious note, if the earliest he’ll be back is week 4 and they’re trying to be conservative, which I do understand, put him on the IR list and open up a roster spot instead of maybe being able to play him against Pittsburgh.

2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I’m going to do absolutely everything in my power this season to not dwell on anything other than how competitive the Jets are each individual week.  I’m done wringing my hands about what every damn thing might mean about the franchise 2 years from now.

THIS, this is a "Gud Post".

Just Win.  Win on Sunday

Everything after that can take care of itself.

Do what needs done to win on Sunday.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

LOL

I guess you won't believe me no matter what I say.

But I never believed Hackenberg was good. ? So yeah, I'm not phil.  Assume you mean philc

Dreams, Phil, idgaf.  You’re definitely a poster who’s been banned multiple times back to your old antics.  I’m sure that won’t last long.

just stop giving updates and predictions

Most bone bruises slowly heal over 1 to 2 months. A larger bone bruise may take longer to heal. You may not be able to return to sports activities for weeks or months. If your symptoms don't go away, your healthcare provider may give you an MRI.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Duly noted. Why was Wilson running off the the West Coast when he could've easily gone for a 2nd opinion in NYC or Boston in 3 hours? Unless he's a coward looking for a doctor to tell him what he wants to hear. 

Wilson is clearly a whiny pussy who isn't taking the field Sunday.

Again.

Like last season. 

You ignored, time and time again, posters telling you that it was common place among athletes to travel to see this particular doctor. They don't go to this doctor to "tell them what they want to hear". They go to him because, apparently, he's really f*cking good at what he does.

Just a colossally absurd take.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Mogglez said:

Dreams, Phil, idgaf.  You’re definitely a poster who’s been banned multiple times back to your old antics.  I’m sure that won’t last long.

Speaking of banned posters, are we taking bets on which formerly banned poster is now known as "SuicidalSince98".  :lol:

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

What are the odds on the next snake oil salesman to take Woody and Chris' money?

In other words, who will be the next HC after this clown Bob Saleh gets canned?

Time to accept facts that Woody’s Jets and Rex Ryan just deserve each other. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, derp said:

On a serious note, if the earliest he’ll be back is week 4 and they’re trying to be conservative, which I do understand, put him on the IR list and open up a roster spot instead of maybe being able to play him against Pittsburgh.

Think it more plausible Team Wilson wants that. Unless the Jets are run by idiots, which is a possibility.

1 minute ago, derp said:

On a serious note, if the earliest he’ll be back is week 4 and they’re trying to be conservative, which I do understand, put him on the freaking IR list and open up a roster spot instead of maybe being able to play him against Pittsburgh.

Problem is if your on IR , I don't believe you can practice with the team. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

His uncle dumps a lot of money into the team, which is a fact. Something surfacing over the last 24 hours that totally contradicted what Saleh was saying yesterday seems plausible. If it were just gamesmanship Wilson would be out this week and we’ll check in next week for his availability. He’s now suddenly out indefinitely. It’s suspect.

This is some horrific bungling regardless. Asserting that Team Wilson stepped in is actually the optimistic view of what happened.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

That’s a whole lot of words for “I took something out of the realm of possibility at face value, so JetBlue must have put in a call to protect Zach.”

There is no face value here. He went from trending up to indefinitely out in 24 hours. 

• Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This was absolutely my thought as well. Team Wilson stepped in and put an end to Saleh ******* around with their darling boy. As they should! 

Well, if "Team Wilson" really knew what was good for him, they never would've let him be drafted here in the first place.

Ironically, that also would've been what was good for the Jets, too.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I swear I have never been on this site before under any other name.

I was a longtime lurker and do remember some of philc's posts though.

And I'm no troll.

Just a Jets fan who enjoys how it feels to win football games.  So maybe you can understand why I might be unhappy.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It is such an absurd take - and you have half the board agreeing you.  

This is the same problem with we had with Becton - The NY Jets medical staff is a joke - and their communications department are awful.

But there's nothing diabolical going on here.  Wilson't family has no leverage here - not a single, sliver of leverage to dictate anything.  AT AlL.  

Lmfaooo now we are blaming the medical staff for Zachs and Bectons spaghetti knees?????

lmfao 

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

You ignored, time and time again, posters telling you that it was common place among athletes to travel to see this particular doctor. They don't go to this doctor to "tell them what they want to hear". They go to him because, apparently, he's really f*cking good at what he does.

Just a colossally absurd take.

You can go into NYC and see any number of great orthopedists. Or Boston. The only such doctor in all the land is not in LA.  There was no need to burn that much time . But the Jets are a goddamn circus, and Wilson is a clown. 

• Haha 1