Flacco starting against Ravens; Wilson out until week 4: MERGED

Rhg1084

8 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Wilson needs to be legit when he returns or we're back to the draft. We can't go into next year without him looking the part. 

We are already back to the draft. He wasn't  even hit and he needed surgery, was estimated to be out 4 weeks and now will be out 8. We can't  have this. What if this happened during the season. He would miss half the games. 

I'm not the angry one here - lacking control of my L's M's O's and questions marks.
I'm trying to have a rational conversation about Zach being out 8 weeks - and why were we told 2-4?
That's my concern here.   If you're argument is Wilson is a pussy, then we really haven't nothing to argue..but if you would like to make another observation - I would love to hear it.
S T R E V E L E R

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The way you fix it is to extricate your boy away from the QB meat grinder that has been the New York Jets organization before you end up like Sam Darnold. 

Again, even if Zach wanted to leave - the man just voted captain by his teammates.  Who spent all summer working with his new weapons...Even if after that, what you say is true...

Why would the Jets accommodate this?

2 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

or perhaps Zach start yelling "I want the goose that lays the golden egg" and Saleh grounded him for 4 weeks?

I think Saleh put Flacco as starter in motion weeks ago, before the injury. Zach needs development, and that’s okay. Nobody should have expected instant return on a BYU QB with one good season. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Looks like Zach caught the ol' Bectonitis ... 2-4 weeks turning into 4-8 weeks ... which will turn into 8-16 weeks ... which will turn into IR for 2023.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

What's funny is Saleh stated in his presser it was about the bone Bruise so if its nothing structural why in hell is it taking 8 weeks for a bone bruise to heal ? If Zach tells them he can play through a healing bone bruise and the pain is not that bad that they were talking a few short days ago about a possible week one start then why the **** is he not playing ?

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

That’s not what they offered at all in the press conference. The new story is that they’re afraid of “further injury” from the bone bruise(?), which seems to make no sense considering those same doctors were letting him run around and do drills.

Okay, so he’s not ready and lost the job sorta.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, FidelioJet said:

Again, even if Zach wanted to leave - the man just voted captain by his teammates.  Who spent all summer working with his new weapons...Even if after that, what you say is true...

Why would the Jets accommodate this?

just because they are pulling back doesnt mean they want a change of scenery - it may mean "hey coaches, get your sh*t together and put together a competant OL, DL, etc.. So you don't ruin his career"

Not saying this is what they doing but it is most def poss.

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Cimini mentioned this - it's because they want him to be able to practice with the team as he prepares to play again. 

This is what I said this week. Healthy is one thing, but not practicing with the team for 3 weeks matters when it’s a shaky 2nd year QB.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

That’s not what they offered at all in the press conference. The new story is that they’re afraid of “further injury” from the bone bruise(?), which seems to make no sense considering those same doctors were letting him run around and do drills.

Something is not right

• Sympathy 1

50 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Neither

To hell with trying to break in yet another rookie QB

When Wilson returns, he better show substantial improvement over the last 12-13 games or the Jets need to make a move for a legitimate vet in the offseason.

This team has a good amount of young talent on both sides of the ball now.

It’s time to hit the ground running in 2023.

Tell me which "legitimate vet" QB will be available this offseason. The Stafford and Wilson trades are aberrations and are not typical every offseason.  The Jets just can't go the QB supermarket in the offseason and pick up a vet QB who will be any more than a previously failed QB (see Darnold, Mariotta, Winston, Trubisky, Mayfield, Tannehill, Wentz.......) 

Flacco is the better QB right now.  They are playing him period.  Zack is and was not ready, especially with the time off.  Pressure mounting inside to win now and Flacco, at the moment, gives best bet on that.  Zach injury is the perfect excuse not to start him.   What will be interesting is if the team does well over the first 4 games then what does the CS do.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I think Saleh put Flacco as starter in motion weeks ago, before the injury. Zach needs development, and that’s okay. Nobody should have expected instant return on a BYU QB with one good season. 

yeah prob is they created this mess by not doing that last year

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I'm trying to have a rational conversation about Zach being out 8 weeks - and why were we told 2-4?

OIP.C6kzmsFu3jo5LC9S9c1uSAHaEK?pid=ImgDe

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

That's my concern here.

1. The 2-4 week estimate was flawed, knowingly or unknowingly, and understated the timeline for return to play/contact.

2. Zach had a setback in practice and Saleh doesn't want to throw his noodle knees under the bus/trying to protect the kid.

3. Zach is fine physically, but is unprepared mentally/gameplan-wise and the staff thinks he needs a couple of weeks reps to get ready to actually play.  

4. The staff is down on Zach and wants to see what the O looks like with a veteran QB for a few weeks, then decide about Zach.

There are likely more reasonable possibilities, but the simplest answer is usually the right one, and it's probably that either the medical staff got it wrong, or that Zach simply isn't ready to play, for some reason (and there could be several).

We will never know the truth unless we're told.  But ultimately, the lesson here is that Fans shouldn't take what Coaches say as truth.  Coaches lie, stretch the truth, etc., for their own reasons.  

1 hour ago, CSNY said:

Something is terribly wrong with the Medical staff on this team. First they say that Becton will be out 6-8 weeks with a dislocated knee cap which was not even a remote possibility now Zach was a 4 week recovery period now pushed to 8 weeks. Where did they get these guys from the local “Doc in a Box”?

Season 1 Lol GIF by NBC

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

Take a look at this right knee does this look like  it'll be ready in less than a month?

Screen Shot 2022-09-07 at 1.28.37 PM.jpeg

What does this picture show?  I'm not seeing anything.  If the knee was swollen, you would not see the kneecap so defined.  I've had two total knee replacements and the right knee does not look swollen in this picture.  Bones don't swell, the surrounding tissue does.  

2 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

just because they are pulling back doesnt mean they want a change of scenery - it may mean "hey coaches, get your sh*t together and put together a competant OL, DL, etc.. So you don't ruin his career"

Not saying this is what they doing but it is most def poss.

Again, I don't give a **** what the Wilson's may or may not be saying...

My question is why would the Jets listen? let alone actually accommodate them?

The Jets are going to do with they think is in their organizations bests interested.  PERIOD!  That certainly may align with what's in Zach's best interests, but it's because the Jets want it, not Wilson's family.

The Jet aren't holding back ZW for an extra 4 weeks because of the Wilson family...Honestly it's a beyond idiotic premise.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Tell me which "legitimate vet" QB will be available this offseason. The Stafford and Wilson trades are aberrations and are not typical every offseason.  The Jets just can't go the QB supermarket in the offseason and pick up a vet QB who will be any more than a previously failed QB (see Darnold, Mariotta, Winston, Trubisky, Mayfield, Tannehill, Wentz.......) 

We just watched Russell Wilson, Matt Ryan and Deshaun Watson switch teams in the same offseason.

Off the top of my head, Garoppolo could be available 5 months from now and already knows the offense.

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

OIP.C6kzmsFu3jo5LC9S9c1uSAHaEK?pid=ImgDe

1. The 2-4 week estimate was flawed, knowingly or unknowingly, and understated the timeline for return to play/contact.

2. Zach had a setback in practice and Saleh doesn't want to throw his noodle knees under the bus/trying to protect the kid.

3. Zach is fine physically, but is unprepared mentally/gameplan-wise and the staff thinks he needs a couple of weeks reps to get ready to actually play.  

4. The staff is down on Zach and wants to see what the O looks like with a veteran QB for a few weeks, then decide about Zach.

There are likely more reasonable possibilities, but the simplest answer is usually the right one, and it's probably that either the medical staff got it wrong, or that Zach simply isn't ready to play, for some reason (and there could be several).

We will never know the truth unless we're told.  But ultimately, the lesson here is that Fans shouldn't take what Coaches say as truth.  Coaches lie, stretch the truth, etc., for their own reasons.  

Thank you!

Now, as you might imagine, I don't agree with #4.  As I truly believe the NY Jets like Wilson a lot and want him on the field.

I do think 1-3 are the most accurate and reasonable explanations - and probably a combination of the three.

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Again, I don't give a **** what the Wilson's may or may not be saying...

My question is why would the Jets listen? let alone actually accommodate them?

The Jets are going to do with they think is in their organizations bests interested.  PERIOD!  That certainly may align with what's in Zach's best interests, but it's because the Jets want it, not Wilson's family.

The Jet aren't holding back ZW for an extra 4 weeks because of the Wilson family...Honestly it's a beyond idiotic premise.

well guess either i am an idiot or you are naive

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47zz3m4tpeq8kffpomt5