Flacco starting against Ravens; Wilson out until week 4: MERGED

Rhg1084

2 minutes ago, Trotter said:

That has to be a photoshop - i am not sure a knee could possibly look like that

Why would somebody do that Trotter? That's the kid's knee man, he is not ever going to be anything but a nice kid we all liked until he had his knee wrecked twice in less than a year. 

1. The 2-4 week estimate was flawed, knowingly or unknowingly, and understated the timeline for return to play/contact.
2. Zach had a setback in practice and Saleh doesn't want to throw his noodle knees under the bus/trying to protect the kid.
3. Zach is fine physically, but is unprepared mentally/gameplan-wise and the staff thinks he needs a couple of weeks reps to get ready to actually play.  
4. The staff is down on Zach and wants to see what the O looks like with a veteran QB for a few weeks, then decide about Zach.
There are likely more reasonable possibilities, but the simplest answer is usually the right one, and it's probably that either the medical staff got it wrong, or that Zach simply isn't ready to play, for some reason (and there could be several).
We will never know the truth unless we're told.  But ultimately, the lesson here is that Fans shouldn't take what Coaches say as truth.  Coaches lie, stretch the truth, etc., for their own reasons.  

Agree ... all eyes are Sauroned on Saleh now

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Just now, SoFlaJets said:

Why would somebody do that Trotter? That's the kid's knee man, he is not ever going to be anything but a nice kid we all liked until he had his knee wrecked twice in less than a year. 

I would have no idea - and I certainly was not accusing you of doing so.

I can't say I have ever seen a square knee cap and that raised. Maybe it is the angle or the photo but it just looked way off to me but I am not even close to a doc so I could be 100% in the wrong..

We just watched Russell Wilson, Matt Ryan and Deshaun Watson switch teams in the same offseason.
Off the top of my head, Garoppolo could be available 5 months from now and already knows the offense.
Garappolo is a rich man's Mike White ... hard pass.

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Saleh is ridiculous, saying Wilson has to be smart about going out of bounds. 

It's true in a preseason game, but what about regular season?

His OC was getting on the QB last season for not having a more aggressive mindset with his legs.

Wilson's preseason "cut" in the open field vs the Eagles didn't look particularly hard or violent.

I mean how do you not have concerns about your QB being injury prone?

Tom Brady has been in the league for like 30 years and never suffered a self-inflicted bone bruise.

I mean if you're an NFL player, you have to make cuts.  He wasn't touched.  What are they gonna do, tell Kapono to never make a cut?  Either run in a straight line or go down?

Pretty much. I'm already of the mind set he will never be a franchise QB. This is pathetic.  

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Thank you!

You're welcome Fidelio.

Now, as you might imagine, I don't agree with #4.

I neither agree nor disagree with any of them, or any other floated theory.  

In the absence of evidence or official statement of clarity, speculation is all we have.

As I truly believe the NY Jets like Wilson a lot and want him on the field.

You would think that, but teams make unexpected decisions at times.  Especially teams like us.

I do think 1-3 are the most accurate and reasonable explanations - and probably a combination of the three.

Hopefully we will get real clarity at some point in the future.

But again, even if they say "it was X", we fans will never know if that is truth, or the message they want us to hear.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

We just watched Russell Wilson, Matt Ryan and Deshaun Watson switch teams in the same offseason.

Off the top of my head, Garoppolo could be available 5 months from now and already knows the offense.

Ryan is 37 years old. The Watson saga was a once in a lifetime situation and the Browns' trade and contract were absurd.  Wilson-type trades of top QBs in their prime are rare.  So the Jets will compete with the other 5-10 QB starved teams for Garappolo. Good plan.

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Maybe the knee swelled up after the 2nd workout yesterday.  And now they said, t\lets shut him down for a month.

Regardless, this is bad.

Will you stop with the swelling. Swelling doesn't  happen out of nowhere.  It isn't  like he went an entire week with no swelling and suddenly  he swelled up. If he had swelling he has had it happening for a while. 

3 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Now I am really pulling for Flacco to go 2-1 so I can take pleasure in watching this sh*t fire squirm as they bench him for Zach week 4 and Zach struggles against Pittsburgh .. FML.

While Kenny Pickett looks like a FQB against us.

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

It's gotten better overall, but man what a clown shoes operation. The coach 100% looks like he has no idea what he's doing when things like this happen.

He really did looked confused during that press conference.  Like a kid that got caught in a  lie or didn't do their homework and was making excuses.  

Strange.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Discussing this in the Jake Asman thread on Twitter and some guy simply writes Google the recovery time for meniscus trim surgery this is what it says:

"If you sit at work, you may be able to go back in 1 to 2 weeks. But if you are on your feet at work, it may take 4 to 6 weeks. If you are very physically active in your job, it may take 3 to 6 months."