Flacco starting against Ravens; Wilson out until week 4: MERGED

Rhg1084

3 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Spock Encerio GIF

Far too many of you really do want Zach to fail - and you don't allow yourselves to see the reality of Wilson.  

The kid has immense talent, that had a rough first 8 games as a pro - then settled in and started to play smart football.  The team is still VERY high on him.  

Frankly, if they weren't high on him they would stick him out there and let him bomb sooner.  They see him as the future and want to make sure he's healthy.

Just posted this but...

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, FidelioJet said:

Far too many of you really do want Zach to fail - and you don't allow yourselves to see the reality of Wilson.  

The kid has immense talent, that had a rough first 8 games as a pro - then settled in and started to play smart football.  The team is still VERY high on him.  

Frankly, if they weren't high on him they would stick him out there and let him bomb sooner.  They see him as the future and want to make sure he's healthy.

Agree the kid has obvious talent.  My biggest problem with Zach is Jets management is so high on him.  That's not an endorsement, it's an indictment.  

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Agree the kid has obvious talent.  My biggest problem with Zach is Jets management is so high on him.  That's not an endorsement, it's an indictment.  

I get it :-)

The only point I'm trying to make here - this idea that somehow the Jets are sitting Zach, even though he's healthy, because they think Flacco is better or are secretly happy Zach's hurt because they don't want him playing etc.....

Just pointing out that that's just false.  The Jets like Zach, a lot.  Whether they're right is still to be determined, but they want him playing and they believe he's the best QB on the roster.

Just now, FidelioJet said:

I get it :-)

The only point I'm trying to make here - this idea that somehow the Jets are sitting Zach, even though he's healthy, because they think Flacco is better or are secretly happy Zach's hurt because they don't want him playing etc.....

Just pointing out that that's just false.  The Jets like Zach, a lot.  Whether they're right is still to be determined, but they want him playing and they believe he's the best QB on the roster.

There may be some disagreement among Jets management about Zach.  Lefleur basically told Mims to sit down when he couldn't figure out the O.  Saleh is pretty much an empty Navy Seal T-shirt.  Lafleur might not be ready to wreck his coaching career behind a QB who doesn't get it and can't run his O.  

There are coaching careers on the line and I wouldn't be so sure Lafluer and Saleh are on the same page.

• Post of the Week 1

How is this even possible? How does a player go from possibly playing Week 1 to now possibly being ready week 4, the earliest. I would’ve totally understood him being out this game and then reevaluate him for Cleveland but this doesn’t make sense. Our medical team has to be the most incompetent group in the league. This has happened multiple times. 

1 minute ago, Scoop24 said:

2-4 week prediction turns into 8 week recovery time.. the jets training staff is embarrassingly bad at these evaluations with these players.

Bectons timetable became what it was because he gained a sh*t ton of weight during his rehab. Wilson’s knee procedure was done by an independent doctor. Unless you think Saleh was just speaking out of his ass yesterday…it more feels like a decision was made from above him extending Wilson’s return. 

18 minutes ago, Ghost said:

How is this even possible? How does a player go from possibly playing Week 1 to now possibly being ready week 4, the earliest. I would’ve totally understood him being out this game and then reevaluate him for Cleveland but this doesn’t make sense. Our medical team has to be the most incompetent group in the league. This has happened multiple times. 

I don’t get the grief for the medical team here. They were feeding Saleh info up until this point presumably. Now all of a sudden it changes? It’s possible Wilson got a second opinion too. 

1 minute ago, Ghost said:

He had a setback.  The knee probably swelled up after the 2 workouts this week.  I really dont think its more complicated then that.  And rather then try this on a weekly basis with the risk of it swelling up again, then are going to shut him down for awhile before trying again.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

IDK, but as a Doctor, as soon as I heard ‘bone bruise’ in addition to cartilage tear I had a hard time believing the 2-4 week return estimate. A ‘bone bruise’ is essentially a microfracture of the bone which results in edema and bleeding at the site of the injury. I had this happen to me last year, and it was 2-3 months before the pain resolved, which is not unusual as the bone needs to heal. It’s easy to shave out a piece of torn cartilage…but it takes time for a bone injury to heal and resolve…if he still has some edema/swelling and pain the knee will be more prone to reinjury and potentially a bit unstable. 

Thanks for the input. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

He had a setback.  The knee probably swelled up after the 2 workouts this week.  I really dont think its more complicated then that.  And rather then try this on a weekly basis with the risk of it swelling up again, then are going to shut him down for awhile before trying again.

If its not why didn't the HC say that?  Why did he get into Zach's mind as an issue? Why is the new standard 110 percent ready mind and body.

Reading between the lines the OC thinks Zach can't run the O.  If he could he would be playing this week or next.  This is Mimsical.

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

If its not why didn't the HC say that?  Why did he get into Zach's mind as an issue? Why is the new standard 110 percent ready mind and body.

Reading between the lines the OC thinks Zach can't run the O.  If he could he would be playing this week or next.  This is Mimsesque.

When was the last time any coach of any team admitted a player had a setback?  Yu cant say that.

I agree the mind stuff is concerning, but the knee didnt respond well the the 2nd workout and here we are.  Its Flaccid time.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

When was the last time any coach of any team admitted a player had a setback?  Yu cant say that.

I agree the mind stuff is concerning, but the knee didnt respond well the the 2nd workout and here we are.  Its Flaccid time.

Link?

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Odds are that’s what happened.  Something didn’t feel right.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

How do you know he had a setback? Did Saleh say that? 

48 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I’m another of the 50+ year guys, and I’m as angry today as I can remember being with this team.

I can’t believe it’s come to this after all these years, but I’ve had enough of this s**t show. I’m not going out of my way to watch a minute of Jets football this year. I live in SC, and it’s not worth my time and effort. 
I’ll get my Jet fix here every week, but today clinched it for me… I’m riding with my boy Mayfield and the Panthers this year. No stress, no aggravation. 
Wake me when JD, Saleh and Kapono are gone.

Good riddance. You add nothing to the board anyway. Go bother Panther fans.,

7 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

2-4 week prediction turns into 8 week recovery time.. the jets training staff is embarrassingly bad at these evaluations with these players.

He had the Surgery on the 16th of August, correct? Wouldn't that make it a 6 week recovery time, I guess calendar isn't one of your strongest skillsets. 

14 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Reading between the lines the OC thinks Zach can't run the O.  If he could he would be playing this week or next.  This is Mimsical.

Bill Belichick is very forthcoming with injuries on the Patriots. 

27 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

IDK, but as a Doctor, as soon as I heard ‘bone bruise’ in addition to cartilage tear I had a hard time believing the 2-4 week return estimate. A ‘bone bruise’ is essentially a microfracture of the bone which results in edema and bleeding at the site of the injury. I had this happen to me last year, and it was 2-3 months before the pain resolved, which is not unusual as the bone needs to heal. It’s easy to shave out a piece of torn cartilage…but it takes time for a bone injury to heal and resolve…if he still has some edema/swelling and pain the knee will be more prone to reinjury and potentially a bit unstable. 

Someone that actually knows what they're talking about!!! Amazing.