Flacco starting against Ravens; Wilson out until week 4: MERGED

Rhg1084

Finally got a chance to watch the press conference

he’s NOT going on short term IR so he can practice as soon as he is able to 

Saleh referenced a rehab schedule 

Saleh referenced the bone bruise. 

this is just a bone bruise that still needs to heal.  It’s not a mental issue or a sit and learn thing. 

not great, not the end of the world 

• Upvote 3

46 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Far too many of you really do want Zach to fail - and you don't allow yourselves to see the reality of Wilson.  

The kid has immense talent, that had a rough first 8 games as a pro - then settled in and started to play smart football.  The team is still VERY high on him.  

Frankly, if they weren't high on him they would stick him out there and let him bomb sooner.  They see him as the future and want to make sure he's healthy.

Just posted this but...

Arch Manning in 2027.  I don't understand why people even bother trying to fight it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

I’m another of the 50+ year guys, and I’m as angry today as I can remember being with this team.

I can’t believe it’s come to this after all these years, but I’ve had enough of this s**t show. I’m not going out of my way to watch a minute of Jets football this year. I live in SC, and it’s not worth my time and effort. 
I’ll get my Jet fix here every week, but today clinched it for me… I’m riding with my boy Mayfield and the Panthers this year. No stress, no aggravation. 
Wake me when JD, Saleh and Kapono are gone.

Goodbye GIF

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

But there were reports of him playing with himself as recently as yesterday!

why are you, or anyone for that matter, surprised about this? this is exactly the same thing the Jets did with Becton....and news flash....Wilson will not have significant playing time this season, and may be out for the season.

• Upvote 1

This team might just have to start going with a very unorthodox approach to its roster.  Overload the QB and OL.  Keep drafting QBs and go with the Harbaugh approach at Univ of Michigan.  Start a different guy each week until you figure out who the hell can play and stay healthy.

5 QBs, 12 OLinemen.  Then figure out the rest of the roster.

It's getting ridiculous how they can't keep guys healthy even before the season has started.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

why are you, or anyone for that matter, surprised about this? this is exactly the same thing the Jets did with Becton....and news flash....Wilson will not have significant playing time this season, and may be out for the season.

The positive spin is Wilson will be out of site out of mind for the next month or longer. The team can focus on football and life with Flacco.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Let me be very clear.

Mommy Wilson, the Wilson Family, Zach Wilson or Jet Blue have NONE, ZERO influence on any Jet personal decisions, any injury concerns, any playing time...NOTHING at all to do with the organization.

Even if you wanted to believe that somehow, some player's families have a say over their playing time - that player must have some leverage.

Is he good enough to cause a problem by threatening to sit out? Is he coming up on a contract year? Is he willing to be the "bad guy" ?

None of those things apply to Wilson.  Without leverage you can't dictate policy.  It's pretty basic.

We want to discuss Wilson being injury prone, sure...that's fair.

We want to discuss Wilson over Flacco, sure...that's fair.

But we need to put to bed this entirely absurd idea that this has ANYTHING to do with him or his family.  

There have been QBs who came from wealthy  backgrounds; the Mannings, Brady, Mahomes, Steve Young, but also Darnold. Difference between the successful ones and the bad ones is the greats bleed for it, want to win at all costs, and don't care who they piss off in the process. But in the case of guys like Darnold and probably Wilson, hey, if it doesn't work out, no biggie. Going back to a comfortable life, if sooner. 

If Wilson doesn't come out with some piss&vinegar, some real fire, cut bait sooner rather than later. And really so far there is nothing in the sample size, small it may be, to say he's ever going to get it. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Far too many of you really do want Zach to fail - and you don't allow yourselves to see the reality of Wilson.  

The kid has immense talent, that had a rough first 8 games as a pro - then settled in and started to play smart football.  The team is still VERY high on him.  

Frankly, if they weren't high on him they would stick him out there and let him bomb sooner.  They see him as the future and want to make sure he's healthy.

Just posted this but...

It's easy to say that. But there is nothing right now to say Wilson is any good at all. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

52 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

IDK, but as a Doctor, as soon as I heard ‘bone bruise’ in addition to cartilage tear I had a hard time believing the 2-4 week return estimate. A ‘bone bruise’ is essentially a microfracture of the bone which results in edema and bleeding at the site of the injury. I had this happen to me last year, and it was 2-3 months before the pain resolved, which is not unusual as the bone needs to heal. It’s easy to shave out a piece of torn cartilage…but it takes time for a bone injury to heal and resolve…if he still has some edema/swelling and pain the knee will be more prone to reinjury and potentially a bit unstable. 

Hmmmmmm THANK YOU!!!

I'll get you a job on the Jets staff just so dumb stuff like what they did with Zach doesn't happen anymore!

12 minutes ago, Bugg said:

There have been QBs who came from wealthy  backgrounds; the Mannings, Brady, Mahomes, Steve Young, but also Darnold. Difference between the successful ones and the bad ones is the greats bleed for it, want to win at all costs, and don't care who they piss off in the process. But in the case of guys like Darnold and probably Wilson, hey, if it doesn't work out, no biggie. Going back to a comfortable life, if sooner. 

If Wilson doesn't come out with some piss&vinegar, some real fire, cut bait sooner rather than later. And really so far there is nothing in the sample size, small it may be, to say he's ever going to get it. 

Yeah and Archie was famous for pulling strings too. 

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Hire a real PR person, @Jets.

My biggest concern with this and Becton’s injury is the apparent misinformation the Jets choose to put out there. If Zach is having a little Freudian slip here to clear the record -no, wait, nevermind!- good for him. 

26 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Honestly, the whole "coach doesn't spell it out for me" take from a lot of you is some top-notch smooth brain donkey punching talk.

You people  and honestly in the same post coupled with gibberish.   You should interview for HCNYJ   

1 minute ago, slats said:

My biggest concern with this and Becton’s injury is the apparent misinformation the Jets choose to put out there. If Zach is having a little Freudian slip here to clear the record -no, wait, nevermind!- good for him. 

It’s disfunction from tip to stern. It looks like Saleh is out of the loop on all of this stuff and ends up looking like the clown

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s disfunction from tip to stern. It looks like Saleh is out of the loop on all of this stuff and ends up looking like the clown

Just don’t se it that way. There’s no way the coach isn’t looped in with at least what Douglas knows. Feels like a 25th hour Woody call. Why hang the coach out to dry?