Flacco starting against Ravens; Wilson out until week 4: MERGED

Rhg1084

54 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Honestly, the whole "coach doesn't spell it out for me" take from a lot of you is some top-notch smooth brain donkey punching talk.

The problem isn’t that he doesn’t spell it out, it’s that he spells his words incorrectly.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Possibly. If he’s just talking out of his rear end then it’s on him. However I do think everyone in the building felt he was close to returning. It going from soon to indefinite screams Woody/agent to me.

I think Woody would be concerned about his ROI on the Wilson pick. I can’t see him getting his hands dirty on something like this. If we begin with the premise that Team Wilson pulled the E-brake on the return, that’d be a Joe Douglas thing. 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

Coupled with the fact that Saleh is looking like a disaster so far as well.. yikes.

I defy anyone to admit the Saleh we have seen so far is the same guy who was pitched as the Jet team savior.   Someone who would "right the ship".   Right now, Saleh is looking like a dunce who will go down in flames.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

One thing I noticed in the press conference was that Saleh referred to two medical staffs, “ours” and “theirs”. 

I didn't bother listening, if true - then I think we can infer that this wasn't a Jets decision.

The Jets have flubbed injuries for years, going back to that DL from the Steelers I think who accused the Jets of mishandling his injuries. Add that to the high-profile rift between the Gronk family and the Pats and it's pretty much a given that families intervene more aggressively on behalf of their own. 

Oh well. Week 4 it is.

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

What Saleh says to the media isn't even top 20 problems for Jets fans. The issue is that every member of American society believes they are owed an explanation for everything.

Zach is out. The rest is just grown men crying about meaningless words. 

"grown" as in physically?  or "grown" as in mentally?

There's a huge difference on display here....

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I don’t even think it’s that deep. I think it’s Bobby and Joe Douglas vs Steve Young and Big Mike and Lisa Wilson. Young is having Tampa Bay flashbacks

Maybe it was Lisa who took Zachy Pooh to the doctor and while Lisa was the one who was talking with doctor while Zachy Pooh was bouncing a rubber ball against the wall waiting for ice cream

dis why when Saleh asked him he said all good coach

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I defy anyone to admit the Saleh we have seen so far is the same guy who was pitched as the Jet team savior.   Someone who would "right the ship".   Right now, Saleh is looking like a dunce who will go down in flames.

Saleh is Herm Edwards...without the wins. 

• Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Absolutely. I think the Jets were a little too focused on the “changing the culture” and “leader of men” and completely ignored everything else.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, GangGreened said:

Absolutely. I think the Jets were a little too focused on the “changing the culture” and “leader of men” and completely ignored everything else.

It always goes to these silly platitudes.  Personally, no matter all the media buzz, Saleh and Wilson came out of left field as the right HC and QB.  I just didn't get it at all. 

25 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

He was hired to be a CEO type HC.  He should follow that blueprint and play more golf.

5 hours ago, Titan24 said:

Saleh should not have mentioned the wk 4 return….that was dumb.  

Should have been “Flacco starting week 1 we will evaluate moving forward”……..simple

i just listened to the thing again, its infuriating.

Saleh on Monday....Zack may play Sunday, we will see how he responds to practice and make a decision

Saleh on Wed...i am going to just say this once so you guys stop asking me over and over, Zack isnt going to be available until week 4

does that sound a guy who is talking out of the same side of his mouth on both days? i really lost a lot of respect for him today. someone is lying to someone, and odds are we are the ones being finessed. just tell the ******* truth dummy.

• Post of the Week 2

6 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

Saleh on Monday....Zack may play Sunday, we will see how he responds to practice and make a decision

Saleh on Wed...i am going to just say this once so you guys stop asking me over and over, Zack isnt going to be available until week 4

does that sound a guy who is talking out of the same side of his mouth on both days? i really lost a lot of respect for him today. someone is lying to someone, and odds are we are the ones being finessed. just tell the ******* truth dummy.

Or just say nothing.  Like most coaches they don't give a time table.  I can live with that..

But this just wreaks of pure incompetence.  Not a good look for Saleh at all.  

6 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

I'm starting to really appreciate Herm Edwards.  

• Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

The Jets doctors and Zachs camp/doctors were obviously not communicating well enough. Per Saleh this was a collective decision.