Flacco starting against Ravens; Wilson out until week 4: MERGED

Rhg1084

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Zach practiced Monday and looked good.  Saleh and staff said we will see how he looks tomorrow.  He has a chance to play.  So far, nothing wrong on Saleh part.  This was the plan and the right plan.

Zach practiced Tuesday and again it went well.  Saleh repeated the same thing on his radio show.  Zach has looked good in 2 workouts, we will see how he feels tomorrow.  Chance to play on Sunday depending on how the knee feels tomorrow.  Again, Zach is on target to play.  Saleh has done/said nothing wrong.

Today, Zach is out until week 4 the earliest.  So obviously, there was a set back.  He came into the facility today, drs ran tests and the knee failed.  It happens.

Its frustrating but NO organization is going to come out and tell you there was a setback.  

Its sucks.  Saleh was forced to lie to us.  But that is life in the nfl.

OMG

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Saleh also said Becton looked like he would be okay and he wasn't.  I don't think it's Saleh at fault here.  I agree he's just being the fall guy.  But not sure what's going on with this franchise.  It would be one thing to announce the starter on game day (so the Ravens would have trouble preparing) but it's still only Wednesday.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, yvj said:

Considering what happened with Becton that doesn't make me feel better. 

Agreed 100%. We keep on hearing about these injuries (even going back a few years to Mosely who ended up missing the whole season with a groin injury). Not sure how this keeps on happening, but something is off.

9 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Zach practiced Monday and looked good.  Saleh and staff said we will see how he looks tomorrow.  He has a chance to play.  So far, nothing wrong on Saleh part.  This was the plan and the right plan.

Zach practiced Tuesday and again it went well.  Saleh repeated the same thing on his radio show.  Zach has looked good in 2 workouts, we will see how he feels tomorrow.  Chance to play on Sunday depending on how the knee feels tomorrow.  Again, Zach is on target to play.  Saleh has done/said nothing wrong.

Today, Zach is out until week 4 the earliest.  So obviously, there was a set back.  He came into the facility today, drs ran tests and the knee failed.  It happens.

Its frustrating but NO organization is going to come out and tell you there was a setback.  

So I guess you are now back on board with Saleh JD and co. ? 

i didnt read 20 pages but from the interview i heard of Salah it sounds like Wilson is going to be practicing these next 4 weeks.

my guess from the begging was he was going to sit in week 1. thats what i think the doctors said to Salah. but after seeing how not ready he was to run the offense Saleh said 4 weeks. how long has Zach been out? 4 weeks. some coincidence. the kid misses 4 weeks of TC, 2 games and 4 scrimmages. that matters. and so many of you argued with me that it didnt. smh

if his knee was so bad that he cant play for 4 weeks than Salah should wrap him in bubble wrap and lock him in a room for 2 weeks to make sure that knee is 100%. but i will bet that by next week Zach will be in camp doing drills and other stuff. getting the reps that he missed in TC

i think Zachs knee is 90% ready and will be 100% by next week. but Zachs mind is 10% ready.

Did Robert Salesman not just say yesterday that Wilson could possibly play Sunday? So in 1 day it went from possibly playing in week 1 to out until week what, 4, 5? Also, I just read someone put forth a theory that he likes Flacco better then Wilson and my blood started boiling. It is boiling because that could conceivably be true! I feel it in my bones, this season will be another waste chocked full of unprepared slaughters week after week that not one of us will be able to wait until it is over. I sincerely hope I am wrong, but I am usually not. Would love nothing more than to gloat on Sunday evening about a big Jet win. Also would love to gloat about having a date with Dua Lipa, which by the way, has as about much chance of happening as they do of beating Baltimore Sunday, that being z e r o.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I totally get Flacco this week but why was Wilson even in the conversation to start this week? Obviously they were just lying to their fans.....

Or perhaps it's just gamesmanship by Saleh.  By not naming the QB, it forces the Ravens to game plan for Zach Wilson.  Now, the Ravens will have to change their plan for defense against Flacco.  Not a bad idea at all.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

What Saleh says to the media isn't even top 20 problems for Jets fans. The issue is that every member of American society believes they are owed an explanation for everything.

Zach is out. The rest is just grown men crying about meaningless words. 

You're way overthinking it. No one is saying they're owed an explanation. On the contrary, most want him to shut up and stop creating unnecessary drama around the team.

Regarding "not even top 20 problem." I spent an hour fixing a leaky drain tonight that has zero impact on my life except that it's slightly annoying.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, RSJ said:

I dont see a big drop off here. Zachs only good football last year was in a watered down passing game. Based on his first 9 plays nothing changed. Probably a better chance with Flacco.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

The problem is we fall into the same trap we did  with darnold: “oh the scrub only played ____ amount of games, we don’t know what he is” 

I’m sick of this crap tbh 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

I’m another of the 50+ year guys, and I’m as angry today as I can remember being with this team.

I can’t believe it’s come to this after all these years, but I’ve had enough of this s**t show. I’m not going out of my way to watch a minute of Jets football this year. I live in SC, and it’s not worth my time and effort. 
I’ll get my Jet fix here every week, but today clinched it for me… I’m riding with my boy Mayfield and the Panthers this year. No stress, no aggravation. 
Wake me when JD, Saleh and Kapono are gone.

I promised myself I wouldn't watch the Jets during Darnold's third year if the Jets didn't bring in legitimate QB competition and have a bona fide QB competition in camp -- best man wins.

They didn't do that and I didn't watch. It was gloriously liberating.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Alka said:

Or perhaps it's just gamesmanship by Saleh.  By not naming the QB, it forces the Ravens to game plan for Zach Wilson.  Now, the Ravens will have to change their plan for defense against Flacco.  Not a bad idea at all.

Christ 

The ravens aren’t scared of freaking Zach noodles ones Wilson or the corpse of Joe Flacco 

Put the cup of terrible tasting green kool-aid down 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Alka said:

Exactly! May I also add I was 23 years old once. I got injured at work almost every day and a steak and a six pack, and a good night's sleep usually helped.

But you can't take a guy who's making millions of dollars a year, who's supposed to be our future, and throw him out there to get crushed by defensive tackles 3 weeks after knee surgery!

I'm no fan of Joe Flacco and I never was. I would rather see Streveler out there. But it is what it is~

• Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

Did Robert Salesman not just say yesterday that Wilson could possibly play Sunday? So in 1 day it went from possibly playing in week 1 to out until week what, 4, 5? Also, I just read someone put forth a theory that he likes Flacco better then Wilson and my blood started boiling. It is boiling because that could conceivably be true! I feel it in my bones, this season will be another waste chocked full of unprepared slaughters week after week that not one of us will be able to wait until it is over. I sincerely hope I am wrong, but I am usually not. Would love nothing more than to gloat on Sunday evening about a big Jet win. Also would love to gloat about having a date with Dua Lipa, which by the way, has as about much chance of happening as they do of beating Baltimore Sunday, that being z e r o.

Actually you have better odds with dua lipa.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Did anyone ever believe there was even a f*cking chance of that 2-4 week timeframe being legit?

Being a fan of this team is bad for you. 

I bought it although up until a few days ago I did not think there was a chance in hell he started week 1. I thought week 2 all along.

now if you gave me 100 shots at the announcement today, no way I come up with 4 weeks.

Now regarding coming back against Pitt on the road and watt’s little brother- not a chance

I personally dont feel the level of QB play needs to be as high as most of this board probably does. We are about to play a QB who wins a lot and can barely throw a forward pass. Jimmy G wins, Mithell T is about to beat us too. Thats why you keep picking until you find a guy who can move an offense on a consistent basis. Doesnt need to be flashy. Darnold and Zach have yet to prove they can even accomplish this.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

So, if Saleh survives this season, his first task in the offseason needs to be firing Ulbrich and bringing in a few coaches that actually held HC gigs at some point in his career, because surrounding himself with his inexperienced besties is killing him. He looks like an absolute fool right now, and he needs someone on hand to teach him how to not embarrass himself with this kind of sh*t. Either he’s getting played by Douglas, et al., or he’s just ab outright dimwit who likes to sabotage himself. Man needs someone with experience to shove a sock in his mouth and show him how things are done. The job is simply way too big for him.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Creepy Lurker said:

It’s actually hilarious. I learned how to properly be a fan of this team and it’s great. Nothing bothers me and I justifiably laugh at everything. This board makes it great. 

This 

but idk I feel the same but for whatever reason this team will always find something to trigger me 

it’s like this team has some terrible voodoo on me or something 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

It’s actually hilarious. I learned how to properly be a fan of this team and it’s great. Nothing bothers me and I justifiably laugh at everything. This board makes it great. 

These are the best times to be a fan of this team, bar none. Nothing makes you feel more alive than watching this organization beclown themselves.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

These are the best times to be a fan of this team, bar none. Nothing makes you feel more alive than watching this organization beclown themselves.

Sadly, I 1,000% agree. I miss the successful playoff caliber teams of the 2000’s but I’ve accepted what the Jets have become and in a way, hate them for it so I enjoy this.