Flacco starting against Ravens; Wilson out until week 4: MERGED

Rhg1084

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Zach practiced Monday and looked good.  Saleh and staff said we will see how he looks tomorrow.  He has a chance to play.  So far, nothing wrong on Saleh part.  This was the plan and the right plan.

Zach practiced Tuesday and again it went well.  Saleh repeated the same thing on his radio show.  Zach has looked good in 2 workouts, we will see how he feels tomorrow.  Chance to play on Sunday depending on how the knee feels tomorrow.  Again, Zach is on target to play.  Saleh has done/said nothing wrong.

Today, Zach is out until week 4 the earliest.  So obviously, there was a set back.  He came into the facility today, drs ran tests and the knee failed.  It happens.

Its frustrating but NO organization is going to come out and tell you there was a setback.  

Its sucks.  Saleh was forced to lie to us.  But that is life in the nfl.

Practice can go well.  While it  hurts to play on a 'bone bruise'/microfracture,  it can be done.  Especially in practice.

But I'm telling you, if the joint is still swollen (not from the surgery, but from the bone injury) his knee will be to some degree unstable, and more prone to further injury playing NFL football.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Practice can go well.  While it  hurts to play on a 'bone bruise'/microfracture,  it can be done.  Especially in practice.

But I'm telling you, if the joint is still swollen (not from the surgery, but from the bone injury) his knee will be to some degree unstable, and more prone to further injury playing NFL football.

All due respect, I know you’re a doctor, but you really don’t know the extent of his injury or the swelling he might still have. You’re just opining, albeit from a more credible place than most of us.

Let’s assume you’re correct here though (which you very well might be)…if this is the case, why didn’t anyone on the medical staff tell Saleh this before he put on his dog and pony show the last few days?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

So now that the Zach Wilson Era is effectively #over, it’s time for the Mike White and Chris Streveler Hives to joint forces to get Flacco benched. Focus, friends, and prosper.

On the flip side, how much fun would this place be if Flacco goes 3-1 against the AFC North defenses, and Wilson comes back looking like… Wilson?

41 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Last night I was reading he may play 1st game and now not until week 4 at earliest? Are you kidding me? This is why I really worry that Saleh is the guy. Maybe not entirely his fault but the guy is just so full of sh*t. 

You just summed this up perfectly as far as I’m concerned.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

So now that the Zach Wilson Era is effectively #over, it’s time for the Mike White and Chris Streveler Hives to joint forces to get Flacco benched. Focus, friends, and prosper.

Let us not cast out our Flacco brothers. Let us all come together and champion the 3 QB formation. If we have all 3 of them on the field, the conjoined powers of their sacks should finally be enough to break the curse. 

I completely get the Saleh and medical staff bashing.  Fans deserve better than this sh*t show.

But why is this mismanaged injury update a final nail in Wilson’s coffin?  Or put more mildly, making some doubt his future success that much more.

It’s tough to be optimistic as a Jets fan and I don’t exactly agree with @FidelioJet that many Jets fans are rooting for Wilson to fail.  But reading some of these posts makes me think that years of losing is making some of us irrationally quick to to write off certain players before it’s time to do so.  And yet some of us were so patient with Sam because he was a ‘nice guy’ who lacked weapons.  Did you see Wilson’s weapons at the end of last year?

By most accounts, Zach had a good training camp after finishing last season playing the type of smart football the coaching staff wanted.  Yes, he had 3 horrible preseason snaps against Philly that were concerning…

Yet at that time, the board vibe was a sigh of relief he wasn’t out for the year .. a rare moment the jets got lucky.  A meaningless preseason performance, others suggested.

And now, after Saleh botched this recent turn of events, a new narrative ripe with losing induced emotion (not logic) is that Wilson is pretty much a lost cause. 

Man- we are as pathetic as the Jets.  LOL. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Last night I was reading he may play 1st game and now not until week 4 at earliest? Are you kidding me? This is why I really worry that Saleh is the guy. Maybe not entirely his fault but the guy is just so full of sh*t. 

It isn't a good look. I really don't care about most of the other stuff and coach speak never bugs me. Rarely anyway. But this just seems like mismanagement.

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Welp, on to 2023!  

Disgusted. Losing all confidence in Saleh too.  Already prepared for some new statement shutting Wilson down another 4 weeks come October or maybe even the entire season, it's not even a far fetched projection when it comes to this sad Franchise. Getting to the point of listening to anything coming out of Florham Park you just assume it came from a politician.  You want to know the Truth, the real story?  Just think what the exact opposite is of what was just said.

Totally UnProfessional.

same town, but this is perfect for the Jets....

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ghost said:

How annoying is it being a Jets fan? This is all happening over a QB who threw an awful INT before getting hurt. 

I am over Coach Saleh. This organization constantly misdiagnoses injuries. It’s frustrating. 

It wasn't a misdiagnosis.  They benched him and decided not to embarrass him like they did Mims.  

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Ghost said:

How annoying is it being a Jets fan? This is all happening over a QB who threw an awful INT before getting hurt. 

I am over Coach Saleh. This organization constantly misdiagnoses injuries. It’s frustrating. 

I don’t think it’s a misdiagnosis. It’s a communication gap. If Woody or Douglas are communicating with Wilson’s camp and his doctors and not sharing updates by the second with the coach, this stuff happens. It feels like Florham Park is siloed. Keep in mind Saleh reports to Douglas now, which in theory should have improved these communication issues. This falls on Douglas more than Saleh. He’s the boss.