Flacco starting against Ravens; Wilson out until week 4: MERGED

Rhg1084

1 minute ago, CSNY said:

Something is terribly wrong with the Medical staff on this team. First they say that Becton will be out 6-8 weeks with a dislocated knee cap which was not even a remote possibility now Zach was a 4 week recovery period now pushed to 8 weeks. Where did they get these guys from the local “Doc in a Box”?

I think it's just Saleh and Jets PR doing a terrible job conveying the info to fans. 

• Upvote 1

Saleh is ridiculous, saying Wilson has to be smart about going out of bounds. 

It's true in a preseason game, but what about regular season?

His OC was getting on the QB last season for not having a more aggressive mindset with his legs.

Wilson's preseason "cut" in the open field vs the Eagles didn't look particularly hard or violent.

I mean how do you not have concerns about your QB being injury prone?

Tom Brady has been in the league for like 30 years and never suffered a self-inflicted bone bruise.

I mean if you're an NFL player, you have to make cuts.  He wasn't touched.  What are they gonna do, tell Kapono to never make a cut?  Either run in a straight line or go down?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Zachtomims47 said:

I think it's just Saleh and Jets PR doing a terrible job conveying the info to fans. 

How can you be that bad at communicating? He literally said yesterday he’s likely playing. Now he’s out a month. We’re the doctors on vacation or something? Either the Jets want Flacco or someone from Zach’s camp stepped in and said he’s not ready. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jbt said:

Streveler time

I'm with you - f it all - give me streveler and if he stinks up the joint so be it - not like we haven't seen that for the past 10 years or so.

A bit confused by some of the posts saying Zach's parents - is that factual that they are involved or just an assumption? I do not see them mentioned in any of the press. 

I am more interested in seeing him be able to finish the season, once they put him out there.  If they wait until week 4, and he plays the rest of the season, that will work.

Just have to hope that Flacco can find us 1 win in the first 3 so we are not already too far behind by the time Zach returns.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Tf is going on with this medical staff 

12 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

THE FFFFFFFKKKKKKKKKK????

11 minutes ago, Flightattendant said:

Wtf is wrong with this team lol.

Don't you love the way Jets didn't reveal the truth until now?  the motive behind that was clearly ticket sales for the September games.  They have a monster-load of unsold tickets.  More tickets to be sold for September under the pretense that Zach would be back.   SMH

Thus franchise has always been deceptive when it comes to injuries.  Plus the jets medical staff historically bad.  Not sure about the current regime though.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I don’t think Saleh saying he’s going to play has anything to do with loving Flacco. This feels like Zach’s agent or parents or whomever stepping in. Typical Jets sh*t show. Hopefully Flacco has something left because you have to be just about done with Zach for pulling something like this (or what it appears to be).

It's not Zach's parents.  Honestly, that's ridiculous.  Zach wants to play.

The Jets medical staff and PR department are a ******* mess.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

Yeah, I don’t think there’s any conspiracy. The Jets are just incompetent. From now on, Saleh’s answer on any injury question needs to be “no comment.”

This doesn’t make sense. This isn’t just a flub. He went from likely playing to out another month. We’re not getting the full story. Unless he aggravated  the knee.

• Upvote 3

There was a reason Saleh was praising Flacco so highly in training camp - saying he should be a starter in this league.

I think he truly believes (like every Defensive minded head coach does) that the vet gives the team the best chance to win RIGHT NOW.

Saleh also understands that the future of this team and his tenure rides heavily on Zack Wilson's development or lack thereof. 

This injury just gave Saleh the perfect excuse to try and have his cake and eat it too.

Just now, Matt39 said:

This doesn’t make sense. This isn’t just a flub. He went from likely playing to put another month. We’re not getting the full story. Unless he aggravated  the knee.

Lol he was never "likely playing".  Teams blow smoke all the time.  Saleh needs to pipe down when it comes to injuries.  There is no parent conspiracy here or whatever the eff.

I do think it is possible he was very uncomfortable at his workout yesterday, and that made the team sound the alarms.

• Upvote 1

Only one of two things makes sense given the week 4 announcement:

1) Zach had a setback during one of these workouts.

2) This has been a giant smokescreen and the Jets were always planning on keeping him out for several weeks. (Although the PITT game seems like a strange game to target) 

Regardless, this is a very strange announcement given what Saleh has even saying about Wilson since the injury.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Maybe the knee swelled up after the 2nd workout yesterday.  And now they said, t\lets shut him down for a month.

Regardless, this is bad.

No, I don't think so.  They just lied about it all since the moment it happened.

Ticket sales you know.

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

How can you be that bad at communicating? He literally said yesterday he’s likely playing. Now he’s out a month. We’re the doctors on vacation or something? Either the Jets want Flacco or someone from Zach’s camp stepped in and said he’s not ready. 

You're literally the only one thinking this nonsense lol. Nobody from Zach's side is doing anything. 

He didn't say likely playing - but he said we'll see how he does and that he has a chance. Which he shouldn't have. Should just say "flacco will be starter in the mean time, currently no timeline on wilson, we're taking it slow" or some bs. 

Just now, FidelioJet said:

It's not Zach's parents.  Honestly, that's ridiculous.  Zach wants to play.

The Jets medical staff and PR department are a ******* mess.

What did the Jets medical department do? Zach was allowed to go to his preferred surgeon. Was Saleh just lying or being ignorant? If that’s the case you could argue he needs to go if he’s that loose with talking. That seems against his mo though.