Flacco starting against Ravens; Wilson out until week 4: MERGED

Rhg1084

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

He went from possibly playing to our indefinitely in 24 hours. I don’t think Saleh is that dumb to fire that off. Someone above him made the call that he wouldn’t be playing for a while. Communication is clearly lacking. But this franchise is one of the worst in sports for a reason so…

LMFAO.

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

He went from possibly playing to our indefinitely in 24 hours. I don’t think Saleh is that dumb to fire that off. Someone above him made the call that he wouldn’t be playing for a while. Communication is clearly lacking. But this franchise is one of the worst in sports for a reason so…

They got or made a call, Matt. Maybe discussions will go somewhere, or maybe they will not.

2 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Eh no setback. I think it's just a combo of them being extremely confident in Flacco and overly cautious of rushing him back and potentially losing him for much longer or the rest of the season. 

Kid was sitting in a booth, like, 10 days ago because he probably couldn’t protect himself on the sideline if someone came flying in, but people actually believed he would start week 1 because of a “We’ll see” so this place has formed QAnon level theories.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Eh no setback. I think it's just a combo of them being extremely confident in Flacco and overly cautious of rushing him back and potentially losing him for much longer or the rest of the season. 

Sure, but then what has Saleh been talking about for 3 weeks?

And why mention the Steeler's game NOW? 

Why wouldn't you just say "Joe is starting this week, but Zach is making progress and we'll re-evaluate him next week?"

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Definitely an interesting wrinkle considering Wilson’s camp got to pick his surgeon based on California. This doesn’t seem to be a Jets medical staff issue.

Recall I was roundly vilified for suggesting Wilson going all the way to LA when he could get a great 2nd opinion in NYC or Boston in half a day was idiotic. Now do you see the problem? Kid is tiny whiny diva, and not much of a QB anyway. Move on now. Let him be a pussy somewhere else, not that anyone wants him. 

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

So what’s the answer? The coach is just a loose lipped moron?

The answer is that they’re being overly cautious, Saleh tried to “fool” the Ravens (which I agree is pretty dumb), and this was always going to be the plan.

I have been saying for weeks that I wouldn’t bring or expect him back until week 3 at the earliest.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Sure, but then what has Saleh been talking about for 3 weeks?

And why mention the Steeler's game NOW? 

Why wouldn't you just say "Joe is starting this week, but Zach is making progress and we'll re-evaluate him next week?"

That's the part I don't get. Maybe he thinks the distraction is more trouble than it's worth is the only thing I can think of.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I think the vast majority of us figured Flacco would play week 1, but the first three weeks?

wilson has been walking without a limp for over a week and was on the bike at the giants game. Week 4? 

i have to think he had a setback 

As soon as I saw him throw that terrible interception, and then proceed to injury himself in preseason, I was prepared for disappointment. I didn't know when it would come, or what form it would take, but like the ever approaching advent of death, I knew it was inevitable.

I've come to accept Joe Flacco the Eternal as my lord and master. Will you join me?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bugg said:

Recall I was roundly vilified for suggesting Wilson going all the way to LA when he could get a great 2nd opinion in NYC or Boston in half a day was idiotic. Now do you see the problem? Kid is tiny whiny diva, and not much of a QB anyway. Move on now. Let him be a pussy somewhere else, not that anyone wants him. 

The board is water carriers for this franchise man. Now that we’re here you can certainly point this out again because there seems to be a connection. Wilson going from trending up to out indefinitely in 24 hours is suspect as hell. And anyone saying it isn’t is lying.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

As soon as I saw him throw that terrible interception, and then proceed to injury himself in preseason, I was prepared for disappointment. I didn't know when it would come, or what form it would take, but like the ever approaching advent of death, I knew it was inevitable.

I've come to accept Joe Flacco the Eternal as my lord and master. Will you join me?

I will not

45 minutes ago, Flightattendant said:

You guys thinking Richardson or Stroud next year?

Neither

To hell with trying to break in yet another rookie QB

When Wilson returns, he better show substantial improvement over the last 12-13 games or the Jets need to make a move for a legitimate vet in the offseason.

This team has a good amount of young talent on both sides of the ball now.

It’s time to hit the ground running in 2023.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

The QB who played best during camp is playing..  not sure I understand the hysterics.

Zip will be fine..  we'll a get to witness where he's at in a couple weeks.  In the meantime this team will rally around Joe Flacco and play good football.

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

That's the part I don't get. Maybe he thinks the distraction is more trouble than it's worth is the only thing I can think of.

Yea, I'm thinking Saleh should stop talking about injuries, or maybe just stop having press conferences all-together. He's not great at them. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1