Flacco starting against Ravens; Wilson out until week 4: MERGED

Rhg1084

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Those people aren’t very smart if they managed to get fooled by gamesmanship.

Ok. But this wasn’t baiting someone into exposing their queen. This was making your opponent think you are sitting down for a game of chess then eating the board and sh*tting yourself.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Sure, but then what has Saleh been talking about for 3 weeks?

And why mention the Steeler's game NOW? 

Why wouldn't you just say "Joe is starting this week, but Zach is making progress and we'll re-evaluate him next week?"

This is why I say it's bad on Jets PR, they need to tell him that. And not let him roll out there saying those things. Even if it's just "it's possible". 

With a combo of trying to blow smoke during game week. Which is also dumb imo. 

4 minutes ago, ncjetman said:

you’d have more fun trolling this board if we we’re all morons like you apparently think we are - sorry but better luck next time

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

I'm not trolling this board. Been posting here for years. I share an opinion about Saleh that a lot of others share. If you disagree, fine. I don't think he's shown me that he's up to the job. For a variety of reasons. I'm angry because I've been a Jet fan for decades. Our future isn't Joe Flacco.We need to find out if it's Wilson. 

Just now, jgb said:

Ok. But this wasn’t baiting someone into exposing their queen. This was making your opponent think you are sitting down for a game of chess then eating the board and sh*tting yourself.

I agree.  It was stupid.  That doesn’t mean it wasn’t what Saleh was trying to do.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Don't blame Saleh that you got well over your own skis yesterday.  You and Fidelio and Joe Willy all.

I know you care more about being “right” than the team doing well but this has nothing to do with Wilson not starting week 1

its the incoherent jump from possibly playing to out until at least week 4 without a set back

the coach of the team is either a liar or completely incompetent and both of those are highly concerning 

53 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

A crushing blow.  Not a good sign.  Knee is worse then they are letting on.

Boy... has ANYONE in the history of this forum been as wrong as you this offseason? 

It takes a massive amount of skill, truly. 

Were talking DWC levels of wrong. 

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Pac said:

The QB who played best during camp is playing..  not sure I understand the hysterics.

Zip will be fine..  we'll a get to witness where he's at in a couple weeks.  In the meantime this team will rally around Joe Flacco and play good football.

He's not gonna "be fine" . Job1 for an NFL QB is showing up. It's not in Wilson's CV. 

Better idea; figure out among the 3 other guys who is the best choice going forward. Depending on Wilson s a fool's errand that will get a HC fired. 

8 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

So what’s the answer? The coach is just a loose lipped moron?

Or perhaps it was a game of keep away from Baltimore.

Or perhaps he was looking good, and then reinjured the knee as suggested by others who have had similar injuries.

Or perhaps Wilson lied about how the knee was feeling.

My god, some of you guys need a different team to cheer for!

• Upvote 1

Just now, jgb said:

Yeah this wasn’t gamesmanship. Doesn’t appear that way at least. The Ravens game plan isn’t exactly getting thrown out the window because Flacco is starting now. Plus if it were gamesmanship the Jets would have said Wilson is week to week.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, genot said:

I'm not trolling this board. Been posting here for years. I share an opinion about Saleh that a lot of others share. If you disagree, fine. I don't think he's shown me that he's up to the job. For a variety of reasons. I'm angry because I've been a Jet fan for decades. Our future isn't Joe Flacco.We need to find out if it's Wilson. 

Newsflash; if he isn't on the field, it isn't Wilson. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Neither

To hell with trying to break in yet another rookie QB

When Wilson returns, he better show substantial improvement over the last 12-13 games or the Jets need to make a move for a legitimate vet in the offseason.

This team has a good amount of young talent on both sides of the ball now.

It’s time to hit the ground running in 2023.

I agree, if Zach is a flop I’d go after Jimmy G next offseason. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CanadaSteve said:

Or perhaps it was a game of keep away from Baltimore.

Or perhaps he was looking good, and then reinjured the knee as suggested by others who have had similar injuries.

Or perhaps Wilson lied about how the knee was feeling.

My god, some of you guys need a different team to cheer for!

He said point blank there wasn’t a set back

why announce that he won’t return until week 4 if it gives the Jets a pre game advantage, wouldn’t we want to confuse the browns and bengals too? 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

I know you care more about being “right” than the team doing well but this has nothing to do with Wilson not starting week 1

All I care about is winning.  

Again, don't blame me that you and Joe and the other like minded folks got well ahead of yourselves on this topic.

4 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

its the incoherent jump from possibly playing to out until at least week 4 without a set back

the coach of the team is either a liar or completely incompetent and both of those are highly concerning 

Or Noodle Knee didn't do so well in practice, and Saleh doesn't want to throw him under the bus. 

No real lies required if that is the case.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Recall I was roundly vilified for suggesting Wilson going all the way to LA when he could get a great 2nd opinion in NYC or Boston in half a day was idiotic. Now do you see the problem? Kid is tiny whiny diva, and not much of a QB anyway. Move on now. Let him be a pussy somewhere else, not that anyone wants him. 

No, this is still a profoundly asinine take, and I emphatically vilify you for it.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Pac said:

The QB who played best during camp is playing..  not sure I understand the hysterics.

I'm not sure what this is based on - both guys had good reports coming out of practice and both guys had bad preseason outings. 

Regardless, that's not why people are hysterical. 

People are hysterical because the head coach said something today that is entirely incompatible with what he has been saying for the past several weeks. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

He said point blank there wasn’t a set back

why announce that he won’t return until week 4 if it gives the Jets a pre game advantage, wouldn’t we want to confuse the browns and bengals too? 

Yeah the gamesmanship angle doesn’t hold water.

Just now, Warfish said:

All I care about is winning.  

Again, don't blame me that you and Joe and the other like minded folks got well ahead of yourselves on this topic.

Or Noodle Knee didn't do so well in practice. 

No lies required if that is the case.

Again… Robert Saleh said there wasn’t a set back. Either lying or incompetent. Read