Zach Wilson Press Conference - 09/07

slimjasi

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Most likely scenario:

1. Zach, not wanting to look like a bitch, tells Saleh he’s good to go

2. Medical staff thinks Zach is good to go as long as there’s no discomfort 

3. Saleh relays this to the media for some reason

4. Team Wilson, looking big picture, says **** that sh*t.

5. Zach says, in a roundabout way, my mom won’t let me play.

6. Saleh says welp, he can’t go, no further questions please.

7. Saleh was doing the stupid game of trying to keep the Ravens guessing until last possible minute. And both Zach and coaches knew he’d be out for a few games. 

8. JetBlue intervened but Saleh said F U, Delta first class is way better then Mint, I’ll do it my way. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, oatmeal said:

He was historically terrible and has injury concerns, what do you honestly expect from fans??

You think this is bad just check out what the majority of other fan bases think of Mr Milf Slayer 

May I remind you he won like 9 player of the weeks last year? Show some respect. 

• Haha 4

43 minutes ago, Larz said:

Can we get a wellness check on @Joe W. Namath?

HAHAHAHAHAHA.  You guys crack me up.  I hit the gym then had a fantasy draft.  Im back now and ok.  Resigned to the fact that I have to watch Flaccid the next 3 weeks.

Go Joe go!!!!

Eh, just not feeling it.  hopefully come Sunday ill have the wind back in my sails.

just look for another QB already...Wilson already was a prospect who came from a conference with a low level of competition, and only really impressed in the weirdest year, and spiked in the draft in the "last minute" ...now add to that the fact that he can't stay healthy. Get as much playing time you can out of him, and look for another QB next year. 

Too soon? No, no it is not. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 4
  • Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

just look for another QB already...Wilson already was a prospect who came from a conference with a low level of competition, and only really impressed in the weirdest year, and spiked in the draft in the "last minute" ...now add to that the fact that he can't stay healthy. Get as much playing time you can out of him, and look for another QB next year. 

Too soon? No, no it is not. 

If Zach doesn’t show much of anything, I would almost bet my life savings that they’re not drafting another first round QB next year.  They’re going to trade for someone like Wentz, or Jimmy G. because this ridiculous fanbase will eat it up like a fat kid at a buffet.

It will be hilarious to watch this unfold.  You think today was a bad day for this forum?  Just wait until the people here, who genuinely believe Joe Flacco is Vinny T. 2.0, have one of those 2 under center.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

If Zach doesn’t show much of anything, I would almost bet my life savings they’re not drafting another first round QB next year.  They’re going to trade for someone like Wentz, or Jimmy G. because this ridiculous fanbase will eat it up like a fat kid at a buffet.

It will be hilarious to watch this unfold.  You think today was a bad day for this forum?  Just wait until the people here, who genuinely believe Joe Flacco is Vinny T. 2.0, has one of those 2 under center.

Believe it or not there are QBs more talented than Wilson and the QBs you named in this coming draft. 

So to say the jets will not be drafting a QB is very silly I think,

especially considering we are legitimately staring at a top 5 pick at the moment 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Believe it or not there are QBs more talented than Wilson and the QBs you named in this coming draft. 

So to say the jets will not be drafting a QB is very silly I think,

especially considering we are legitimately staring at a top 5 pick at the moment 

Believe what you want.  If you think a GM and HC, who would, hypothetically, be on the hot seat are rolling with another top 5 pick, who is still an unknown rookie, I have a bridge to sell you.

Get used to this face:

F00798FD-3F79-4C73-9FA4-81C032AA7649.thumb.jpeg.3558d5ee5ee1559a107dbf79e0eef0ea.jpeg

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Believe what you want.  If you think a GM and HC, who would, hypothetically, be on the hot seat are rolling with another top 5 pick, who is still an unknown rookie, I have a bridge to sell you.

Get used to this face:

F00798FD-3F79-4C73-9FA4-81C032AA7649.thumb.jpeg.3558d5ee5ee1559a107dbf79e0eef0ea.jpeg

God no

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Get used to this face:

Bro they will target a QB like a Wentz or Jimmy G I agree

But 

If we have a top 5 pick we will definitely select one of those talented rookie QBs have have them sit like we should’ve did with Zach if they are not ready out of the box 

Besides JD and Saleh may not be here to select another QB next year 

• Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Bro they will target a QB like a Wentz or Jimmy G I agree

But 

If we have a top 5 pick we will definitely select one of those talented rookie QBs have have them sit like we should’ve did with Zach if they aren’t ready out of the box 

Besides JD and Saleh may not be here to select another QB next year 

No they won’t. Zach will still be here, for better or worse, next year.  They aren’t off-loading two top 3 QB picks in 3 years.  That’s #1.

#2 is that they aren’t firing only one of JD or Saleh after 2 years of them being together and they, definitely, aren’t firing both.  They are a package deal.  My guess is a bad season means the seat is very warm, but they will still be here with a mandate.  Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, says that the owner is displeased with how the team is being constructed.

#3 circles back to my original point.  They will absolutely target one of those QBs I mentioned, and they will hold a competition between Zach, the vet, + a 3rd-4th round QB.  You want another 1st round pick prospect?  I wouldn’t look at anyone prior to the 2024 class.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I know it’s coming, you know it’s coming, we all know it’s coming.

The sad part is half this forum will delude themselves into thinking it’s what’s for the best.

That would really suck. I loathe Wentz. I'd take Darnold back before that (or anyone)

Just now, Mogglez said:

No they won’t. Zach will still be here, for better or worse, next year.  They aren’t off-loading two top 3 QB picks in 3 years.  That’s #1.

#2 is that they aren’t firing one of JD or Saleh after 2 years.  They are a package deal.  My guess is a bad season means the seat is very warm, but they will be here.  Nothing, and I mean NOTHING says that the owner is displeased with how the team is being constructed.

#3 circles back to my original point.  They will absolutely target one of those QBs I mentioned, and they will hold a competition between Zach, the Vet, and a 3rd-4th round QB.  You want another 1st pick?  Guess what.  Don’t look at anyone prior to the 2024 class.

Bro if we are picking top 5 there is literally no way we aren’t taking a QB

And depending on how terrible this season goes and how bad the record is how can you allow JD to select another Qb? 

This is the only logical move if we are picking top 10, remember you was one of the ones early on that leaned heavy on the Jets we’re keeping darnold, even when people like me was saying that wasn’t logical. 

We shall see though how this plays out 

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

#2 is that they aren’t firing only one of JD or Saleh after 2 years and they, definitely, aren’t firing both.  They are a package deal.  My guess is a bad season means the seat is very warm, but they will still be here with a mandate.  Nothing, and I mean NOTHING says that the owner is displeased with how the team is being constructed.

#3 circles back to my original point.  They will absolutely target one of those QBs I mentioned, and they will hold a competition between Zach, the Vet, + a 3rd-4th round QB.  You want another 1st round pick prospect?  I wouldn’t look at anyone prior to the 2024 class.

I, bregudingly, agree with what you are saying. If the Jets end up with a top 5 pick, I don't see them picking a QB for the third time in a 6 year span. The only exception would be trading back into the end of the first round if someone like Richardson falls (so we could watch @JiFapono spontaneously combust in real time). 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Most likely scenario:

1. Zach, not wanting to look like a bitch, tells Saleh he’s good to go

2. Medical staff thinks Zach is good to go as long as there’s no discomfort 

3. Saleh relays this to the media for some reason

4. Team Wilson, looking big picture, says **** that sh*t.

5. Zach says, in a roundabout way, my mom won’t let me play.

6. Saleh says welp, he can’t go, no further questions please.

I think it went more like this:

1. Saleh's favorite QB is Joe Flacco so he made an executive decision.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

This is, 110%, the case.  However, JetNation has a supply of Huggies to fill and tin foil hats to wear.

It would make sense considering that Saleh said he wants Wilson "mind" to be in the right place. If this is correct, it would also mean that Saleh now hates Wilson. I would hate him too if I were Saleh 

27 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

This is, 110%, the case.  However, JetNation has a supply of Huggies to fill and tin foil hats to wear.

Zach has allegedly been running around and doing drills so well that Saleh had legitimate thoughts about starting him on Sunday until <record scratch> actually this here bone bruise is a two-month injury, just like we meant to say when we said it was 2-4 weeks and anyone who suggested Zach should wait another week was an alarmist loser.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Bro if we are picking top 5 there is literally no way we aren’t taking a QB

And depending on how terrible this season goes and how bad the record is how can you allow JD to select another Qb? 

This is the only logical move if we are picking top 10, remember you was one of the ones early on that leaned heavy on the Jets we’re keeping darnold, even when people like me was saying that wasn’t logical. 

We shall see though how this plays out 

First of all, I was absolutely not adamant about the Jets keeping Darnold.  Early on, I said it was definitely a possibility, which it absolutely was.  Well before he was traded I said that I received news that made me believe he was getting traded, which I corroborated with someone else more prominent, and to watch Carolina or SF.  Let’s not get that twisted.

5886C11F-C410-4277-9241-A12E8F807E3F.thumb.jpeg.0ba57152c7d408dec9975fb618b6f669.jpeg

I find it extremely unlikely Saleh and JD are fired.  I’ll never give a guarantee, especially with Woody Johnson, but I would be incredibly surprised.

11 minutes ago, maury77 said:

I, bregudingly, agree with what you are saying. If the Jets end up with a top 5 pick, I don't see them picking a QB for the third time in a 6 year span. The only exception would be trading back into the end of the first round if someone like Richardson falls (so we could watch @JiFapono spontaneously combust in real time). 

Idk 

The hype these QBs will receive will rival the Lawrence, Wilson, Fields stuff imo 

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Zach has allegedly been running around and doing drills so well that Saleh had legitimate thoughts about starting him on Sunday until <record scratch> actually this here bone bruise is a two-month injury, just like we meant to say when we said it was 2-4 weeks and anyone who suggested Zach should wait another week was an alarmist loser.

This theory ends when you automatically assumed Saleh was legitimately considering starting him.  It was never on the table.  I also want it to be clear that I believe it was very very very stupid of him to open his mouth and suggest otherwise, even if it was for gamesmanship.

I tore my meniscus in a very similar way to Zach.  It was never going to be 2-4 weeks. That’s why I kept saying expect no sooner than week 3 for a return.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Idk 

The hype these QBs will receive will rival the Lawrence, Wilson, Fields stuff imo 

I don't know that Stroud and Young will reach Lawrence's tier as a prospect, but they will be comparable to the other 2 (Stroud may ultimately reach Lawrence's level as a prospect, but Young will always be short for the position). 

First of all, I was absolutely not adamant about the Jets keeping Darnold.  I said it was definitely a possibility, which it absolutely was.  Well before he was traded I said that I received news that made me believe he was getting traded, which I corroborated with someone else more prominent, and to watch Carolina or SF.  Let’s not get that twisted.

4BD2952A-E504-409D-9491-33C405F69BD8.thumb.jpeg.8e25afcf18aa7a304793904cb1975b80.jpeg

I find it extremely unlikely Saleh and JD are fired.  I’ll never give a guarantee, especially with Woody Johnson, but I would be incredibly surprised.

I remember this 

but in the beginning there was a period where you and footballguy were leaning heavy on the darnold stays side, remember that dude even threatened me and wanted to meet up and fight with me over this?

To be fair I also remember though when you received more information and changed your position like you outlined above but I’m taking about the beginning after JDs infamous end of the season presser. 

• Upvote 1

This theory ends when you automatically assumed Saleh was legitimately considering starting him.  It was never on the table.  I also want it to be clear that I believe it was very very very stupid of him to open his mouth and suggest otherwise, even if it was for gamesmanship.

I don't think there are any conspiracies afoot, I think the Jets are actually being very logical about this. It became an issue when Saleh made an unforced error during yesterday's conference. This isn't the first time he's said some stupid sh!t, but the media gives him a lot of rope because he's affable like Herm was. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I tore my meniscus in a very similar way to Zach.  It was never going to be 2-4 weeks. That’s why I kept saying expect no sooner than week 3 for a return.

Mogglez if I use the search feature to see what you have previously said about the 2-4 week timeline, what will I find?

Just now, maury77 said:

I don't think there are any conspiracies afoot, I think the Jets are actually being very logical about this. It became an issue when Saleh made an unforced error during yesterday's conference. This isn't the first time he's said some stupid sh!t, but the media gives him a lot of rope because he's affable like Herm was. 

100%.  He should have kept his bumbling mouth shut.  He’s gotta stop.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Mogglez if I use the search feature to see what you have previously said about the 2-4 week timeline, what will I find?

That I think the kid has horseshoe up his a** because I was sure he tore his ACL, that I would be shocked if he played week one, but I would love to be wrong.  We just talked about this in a thread not too long ago, lol.  You even upvoted a post where I suggested, and would prefer, that he come back no earlier than week 3 lol.