Jump to content

Zach Wilson Press Conference - 09/07


slimjasi
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

I remember this 

but in the beginning there was a period where you and footballguy were leaning heavy on the darnold stays side, remember that dude even threatened me and wanted to meet up and fight with me over this?

 

To be fair I also remember though when you received more information and changed your position like you outlined above but I’m taking about the beginning after JDs infamous end of the season presser. 
 

 

I definitely can’t speak for FG but yes, before a new staff was in place, and early on, I was told Sam has a good chance of sticking around.  However, that’s why I kept stressing how fluid it was, especially because there wasn’t a coaching staff in place yet.

Like I said:  I will never guarantee anything (let alone fight anyone about it, lol) but I’d be shocked. 

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I just saw someone say that they think Flacco can possibly get this team to 10 wins this year, lol.  They were 110% serious.

I think that belief is more that Flacco is, or was at one point, a competent QB, and this offense is setup so and potentially has enough weapons for any competent QB to have some success. A lot also hinges on the defense coming to play. I think few people, if any, believe Joe Flacco can put this team on his back and drag us to 10 wins.

 

EDIT: Maybe I'm just projecting, though.

  • Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

If Zach doesn’t show much of anything, I would almost bet my life savings that they’re not drafting another first round QB next year.  They’re going to trade for someone like Wentz, or Jimmy G. because this ridiculous fanbase will eat it up like a fat kid at a buffet.

It will be hilarious to watch this unfold.  You think today was a bad day for this forum?  Just wait until the people here, who genuinely believe Joe Flacco is Vinny T. 2.0, have one of those 2 under center.


Totes.  Let’s keep running back this cycle of drafting late riser QB prospects + bringing in no veteran competition while anointing the young QB week 1 autostarter.

Works swell clearly.

  • Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

Yeah well, I guess some people are going to learn that the grass isn’t always greener, aren’t they?

How brown do you want the grass to get before trying something different?

Im not a Wentz guy either but there are other options that will be available.  And I really don’t see anything wrong with Jimmy G to help provide a professional and some stability at QB fir a year.  Bring him in plus draft a midround QB.  Why the f**k not?

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:


Totes.  Let’s keep running back this cycle of drafting late riser QB prospects + bringing in no veteran competition while anointing the young QB week 1 autostarter.

Works swell clearly.

I would rather do that 100 times than trot out different versions of Ryan Fitzpatrick every other year.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

How brown do you want the grass to get before trying something different?

Im not a Wentz guy either but there are other options that will be available.  And I really don’t see anything wrong with Jimmy G to help provide a professional and some stability at QB fir a year.  Bring him in plus draft a midround QB.  Why the f**k not?

Glad to see that one person has already convinced themselves.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I don’t think Joe Flacco equals wins, but I think Joe Flacco gives us the best chance to see Elijah Moore and Garrett Wilson catch a lot of passes that they wouldn’t see if Zach Wilson was playing. One theme that emerged in camp was Flacco, White, and Streveler all spreading the ball around quite a bit as compared to Zach throwing it to Tyler Conklin and Berrios on every drop back.

I think you are going to be sorely disappointed by Joe Flacco when the lights go on for real, even if these are your hopes.

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Absolutely.  13 years of the same sh*t needs to end. 

That’s fine.  Im not here to tell you what to root for.  Just like I’m not going to sit here this time next season and try to convince myself that the likes of Jimmy G, Gardner Minshew, Mitchell Trubisky, or Carson Wentz are the answer to our QB woes or root for them.  Won’t do it.  Period.  I’ll be hoping that they do whatever they can to help us draft their replacement.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

That’s fine.  Im not here to tell you what to root for.  Just like I’m not going to sit here this time next season and try to convince myself that the likes of Jimmy G, Gardner Minshew, Mitchell Trubisky, or Carson Wentz are the answer to our QB woes or root for them.  Won’t do it.  Period.  I’ll be hoping that they do whatever they can to help us draft their replacement.

Dude.  Never said they’re the answer.  I just want watchable football for a year.  

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Dude.  Never said they’re the answer.  I just want watchable football for a year.  

Again, I’m not here to tell you what to root for.  Just like how I don’t care about 1 year or root for a single season of good football.  1 year does nothing for me.  It’s useless. Years like 2015 are useless wastes of time.  If I could go back, I’d prefer the Jets to have just sucked a** that season and drafted Joey Bosa.  For once in my miserable sports watching life, I want a team that is consistently good.  With the way the game is, that won’t change until the team has a long term answer at the most important position in football. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Mogglez said:

Again, I’m not here to tell you what to root for.  Just like how I don’t care about 1 year or root for a single season of good football.  1 year does nothing for me.  It’s useless. Years like 2015 are useless wastes of time.  For once in my miserable sports watching life, I want a team that is consistently good.  With the way the game is, that won’t change until the team has a long term answer at the most important position in football. 


Ok.  But you obviously glossed over the part where I requested a vet + a midround QB.  But whatever.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Believe what you want.  If you think a GM and HC, who would, hypothetically, be on the hot seat are rolling with another top 5 pick, who is still an unknown rookie, I have a bridge to sell you.

Get used to this face:

F00798FD-3F79-4C73-9FA4-81C032AA7649.thumb.jpeg.3558d5ee5ee1559a107dbf79e0eef0ea.jpeg

I love yay Moggz, but you’re way off base here. Nobody in this organization is going to buy into Wentz. If we’re picking top 5 next year, and they’re worried about the fans reaction to their top pick, wtf are we even doing here?

If it were up to me (which it isn’t) I give the Douglas/Saleh quinella about 10 games this year. Flacco gives this team (yes I realize how sad this sounds) it’s best chance to win and if we’re not flirting with a .500 record by then I’m contacting Sean Payton and letting him write his own contract before the Cowboys get to him.

Douglas and Saleh should never get the chance to make a selection in the top 6 or 7 spots in the draft ever again. If it looks like there’s a chance they might, get their asses out of here. Let someone like Payton steer the ship and get out of his way.

  • Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Believe what you want.  If you think a GM and HC, who would, hypothetically, be on the hot seat are rolling with another top 5 pick, who is still an unknown rookie, I have a bridge to sell you.

Get used to this face:

F00798FD-3F79-4C73-9FA4-81C032AA7649.thumb.jpeg.3558d5ee5ee1559a107dbf79e0eef0ea.jpeg

You seriously think that after flaming out in Philly, being banished from Indy, and then failing in D.C., that JD would bring Wentz here?  I don't think anyone in this organization is that stupid.  Wentz is getting his last chance in Washington this season and I don't think he'll pass the test.  Signing him next year would be a total disaster.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Biggs said:

He threw his HC under the bus by telling the truth.   Bad look for the organization.  

Wilson did nothing wrong here.

When you tell as many lies as BS, it must be hard to keep track of all of them so as to keep your story straight.

Not Wilson’s fault he’s honest and his coach is disengenuous.

  • Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Wilson did nothing wrong here.

When you tell as many lies as BS, it must be hard to keep track of all of them so as to keep your story straight.

Not Wilson’s fault he’s honest and his coach is disengenuous.

Thinking about it, the whole story seems off.  I think the real issue is Zach isn't ready mentally to be a starting QB in the NFL and the Jets staff knows it.  This has Mims written all over it.  Saleh alluded to Zach mental condition as a factor.  When he's 110 percent mentally and physically.  

Maybe this was just a nice way to bench him indefinetely for the good of the team?

It wasn't handled very elegantly but that's my takeaway.  Zach hasn't exactly acted like he was going to be on the shelf for 8 weeks minimum until yesterday.

  • Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, johnnysd said:

In what way? His statement that is was always this long for recovery?

Yes that statement.  Zach has been fine playing along with him being ready to start the season up until yesterday.  

Zach was benched and Zach ian't happy.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

You seriously think that after flaming out in Philly, being banished from Indy, and then failing in D.C., that JD would bring Wentz here?  I don't think anyone in this organization is that stupid.  Wentz is getting his last chance in Washington this season and I don't think he'll pass the test.  Signing him next year would be a total disaster.  

@Mogglez doesn’t think the Jets would go after Wentz. He’s just trying to scare people into embracing Zach Wilson and Wentz was the only option worse than “more Zach Wilson” that he could think of.

  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, RSJ said:

Things were better when Rich Kotite was in charge. Let that sink in for a minute.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Hey, at least Kotite could get the team lined up properly for the National Anthem..."Low to the High....Low to the High" (shortest dude to tallest dude haha), ever see that? haha.

Since those 2 play off runs with Ryan, not sure the mostly re-cycled bums on the field and the obligatory Rookie HC (Johnsons never want to pay for a real one) could even accomplish that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Has anyone tried to explain how the Jets have all-of-a-sudden determined that Zach has to miss at least the next three weeks while also claiming they aren’t putting him on IR because it’s cool if he practices? 

It don’t make no sense Tom 

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

I love yay Moggz, but you’re way off base here. Nobody in this organization is going to buy into Wentz. If we’re picking top 5 next year, and they’re worried about the fans reaction to their top pick, wtf are we even doing here?

If it were up to me (which it isn’t) I give the Douglas/Saleh quinella about 10 games this year. Flacco gives this team (yes I realize how sad this sounds) it’s best chance to win and if we’re not flirting with a .500 record by then I’m contacting Sean Payton and letting him write his own contract before the Cowboys get to him.

Douglas and Saleh should never get the chance to make a selection in the top 6 or 7 spots in the draft ever again. If it looks like there’s a chance they might, get their asses out of here. Let someone like Payton steer the ship and get out of his way.

If the Jets are picking in the top 5 again it will be QB or the edge from Alabama. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...