Zach Wilson Press Conference - 09/07

slimjasi

1 minute ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Personally I think this team is ride or die with Zach for at least another season. I can see them doing something like bring in a legit vet to compete though. 

I think that's why he was benched.  Douglas and Lefleur don't want to ride and die on Zach Wilson being the guy.  Saleh got the memo yesterday morning. 

• Upvote 2

These guys are liars. They ****ed this up badly and I’m mainly looking at Saleh.  How did we even get here? It was a 2-4 week injury! We are now 3 weeks out from that day and now we have to wait until week 4? There’s a setback and they’re not telling us. 

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, oatmeal said:

Bro what most of you are not understanding is that Saleh put out that false timeline for a reason!

read between the lines: Zach’s people are pushing the Jets to give Zach more time, Jets think Zach is good enough to go this week or Week 2. 

Get Zach baby a** out of here and let someone else deal with this rich pampered baby 

Think it's just the opposite.  Zach wants to play and he's been shut down by the team.  

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Think it's just the opposite.  Zach wants to play and he's been shut down by the team.  

I don't agree. When Saleh talked about Wilson being physically sound, he also said mentally sound. Mind and body to be exact. That tells me, that their talks with Zack, left them with the idea that he's unsure of himself and that knee.

9 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

HAHAHAHAHAHA.  You guys crack me up.  I hit the gym then had a fantasy draft.  Im back now and ok.  Resigned to the fact that I have to watch Flaccid the next 3 weeks.

Go Joe go!!!!

Eh, just not feeling it.  hopefully come Sunday ill have the wind back in my sails.

How about the fact that Wilson knew  he would miss at least 3 weeks when he came out of surgery tho?   There was no setback, only pure incompetence 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Larz said:

How about the fact that Wilson knew  he would miss at least 3 weeks when he came out of surgery tho?   There was no setback, only pure incompetence 

It really sounds like wilson knew the deal with his injury, but maybe the coaches didn’t want to believe it.  Maybe saleh was in some denial.  

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

It really sounds like wilson knew the deal with his injury, but maybe the coaches didn’t want to believe it.  Maybe saleh was in some denial.  

Possibly along those lines, Saleh tried to manifest it into reality with positive vibes and after the workout the doctors reminded him of reality 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Or, an injury was a day to day and week to week kind of thing. And they had to continue to monitor it. You know, not guess at it. All the while not telling the public that.

Or, the Jets and the player knew all along and did not want to give upcoming opponents ample preparation time for either qb. You know, keep them kind of guessing.

Or, the Jets are being very cautionary with someone they have vested interest in succeeding and staying healthy. You know, acting out of an abundance of caution.

Or, the Jets feel that the kid qb that have so much invested in, really did not have a proper ramp up in preparation fir the season, and because he has shown flashes of spiraling when things go bad in the past, want to give him the best chance to get out of the chute strongly.

3 minutes ago, Larz said:

Possibly along those lines, Saleh tried to manifest it into reality with positive vibes and after the workout the doctors reminded him of reality 

Also it’s possible that when wilson went through those workouts, saleh had the impression that if his knee felt good, he’d play.  Maybe wilson simply went through some workouts to see how the healing process was going, with the understanding that even if his knee felt good, he still needed a few weeks more to heal, and then another week to practice.  

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Rooting for losing and draft picks.

If you want to call it that, sure.  Joe Flacco isn’t Vinny, and we’re not going to the playoffs this year barring him magically becoming something/someone he’s not.  He has no future here whatsoever.  Rooting for him, in my eyes, is useless.  I’m not going to waste a year of my life doing so.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but aren’t you a big supporter of not lecturing people on what to root for?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, munchmemory said:

No joke, the Zach Wilson pick is a topic of heated conversation in my home multiple times each week.   All of us still have no idea how Zach Wilson suddenly became a #2 pick.   Thank you, JD.

Totally  agree with this. I know the kid has a ton of arm talent but even watching this interview,  I'm like is this really the QB we took at #2?

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

Totally  agree with this. I know the kid has a ton of arm talent but even watching this interview,  I'm like is this really the QB we took at #2?

After fields performance with the injury in the Clemson game he seemed like a top pick and then the pre draft analysis and workouts sent them in different directions 

the salt in the wound here is definitely if fields takes off. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

11 hours ago, oatmeal said:

Hindsight it was a terrible idea selecting this kid over Jones, Fields and Lance.

At least with fields and Lance if they suck at passing at least they’re built and can get some yards scrambling. 

With Jones yes a noodle arm and limited BUT with these weapons he’s a better version of Mike white. 

We had our selection of the 4 and we chose the small, small school kid with a injury history….

Christ JD, fire this fat rat bast*** now ?‍♂️

You're a loser.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

@Mogglez doesn’t think the Jets would go after Wentz. He’s just trying to scare people into embracing Zach Wilson and Wentz was the only option worse than “more Zach Wilson” that he could think of.

Interesting, hadn’t thought of this angle 

IDK why some take it as almost a personal affront when Kapono is called out for being objectively bad or at the very least “not ready”

I never believed in Kapono, but at the same time I think the Jets mishandled his “development” from day 1 

The problems started when they anointed him immediately and dispensed with even any pretense of a QB competition 

Even a guy as legit talented as Mahomes was afforded the time to sit back and learn behind a competent vet in Alex Smith for 1 year

• Sympathy 2

26 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:
28 minutes ago, Larz said:

After fields performance with the injury in the Clemson game he seemed like a top pick and then the pre draft analysis and workouts sent them in different directions 

the salt in the wound here is definitely if fields takes off. 

I have such jealousy of the Bears right now.

Yeah I was all over this and even wrote an article about it at the time, before the draft.

Fields was clearly the stronger bet in my eyes, yet he got shafted during the BS draft “process”.  

Media couldn’t get enough of Zach Wilson and his stupid meaningless pro day throw against air.

Fields can throw on the move, change his arm angles, all that stuff too but nobody was talking about it.  He was throwing bombs at his pro day too.

Joe Douglas has to be answerable for this.

Fleecing Seattle for picks for Adams doesn’t give him a free pass for this blunder, or at least it shouldn’t.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

33 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Every time I see/hear Buster in the media, I'm left shaking my head.  From the beginning, I just never understood the sudden urgency to make him the selection.

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Yeah I was all over this and even wrote an article about it at the time, before the draft.

Fields was clearly the stronger bet in my eyes, yet he got shafted during the BS draft “process”.  

Media couldn’t get enough of Zach Wilson and his stupid meaningless pro day throw against air.

Fields can throw on the move, change his arm angles, all that stuff too but nobody was talking about it.  He was throwing bombs at his pro day too.

Fleecing Seattle for picks for Adams doesn’t give him a free pass for this blunder, or at least it shouldn’t.

Fields also stunk last year. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Fields can throw on the move, change his arm angles, all that stuff too but nobody was taking about it.  He was throwing bombs at his pro day too.

You seem to throw a lot of baseless generalizations out there.

I liked the Fields in the draft as well. 

Bottom line of this, nothing is written with absolutes here. 

10 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Stroud is the same size as Wilson and Young is a midget that weighs a buck eighty. 

Give me a vet if Wilson busts. 

They could have added Sam Howell in the freaking 5th round.

A guy whose draft stock was high 1st round at one point but fell due to lack of weapons and protection at UNC.

But the Jets are so terrified of any QB success which might jeopardize the ZW narrative they are almost trying to will into the existence.

It’s like “Zach Wilson or die trying” when it should be “find a QB solution, whatever that may be, so as to win games or die trying”

• Upvote 2

Just now, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

They could have added Sam Howell in the freaking 5th round.

A guy whose draft stock was high 1st round at one point but fell due to lack of weapons and protection at UNC.

But the Jets are so terrified of any QB success which might jeopardize the ZW narrative they are almost trying to will into the existence.

It’s like “Zach Wilson or die trying” when it should be “find a QB solution, whatever that may be, and win games or die trying”

Yeah, that would have gone over really well.