Jump to content

Message from Fireman Ed


Maxman
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

Honestly, I vacillate between liking and hating what Ed does.   I completely respect what he and his brother have done over the years.  No doubt it was an important part of the game day experience.  At least before fans were inundated with endless games, highlights, and other diversions in the stadium.  

Now, at least to me, it seems outdated and goofy.  Plus, there are fewer and fewer of us older fans at home games who fondly remember the J-E-T-S chant.  I don't think the younger folks click with it like we did.

This has come up before and I am guessing you guys would remember but was one of the guys in the end zone called crazy Larry?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Trotter said:

This has come up before and I am guessing you guys would remember but was one of the guys in the end zone called crazy Larry?

I don't remember Crazy Larry, unless he's the Larry Mack featured in the first part of the video I posted above.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, munchmemory said:

I can still see the two guys who did the back and forth at Shea.  Hadn't thought of them in years.

Just saw this on YouTube.  Check it out.

 

It is absolutely pitiful that many Jets fans think Ed created the chant.  Pheh.  Thanks for this video.  Fond memories 

  • Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

The Jets might suck but quitters? 

Last year of Bowles and last year of Gase, yes. Most of those guys are gone though. So there’s always hope. But the organization has been atrocious at developing young players lately. So let’s hope that changes for the better. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Warfish said:

I don't think I'll ever NOT love the Jets Chant.  I love it.  

Ive heard it from when i first got my season tickets back in the Shea days.  

Theres nothing better, the more often its heard the better.  

I've heard players from other teams comment on how cool it is, how loud it sounds on the field.  

Our players love it, opposing players appreciate it and a handful of fans have a problem with it and with the person who leads the cheer.  Unreal

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

It is absolutely pitiful that many Jets fans think Ed created the chant.  Pheh.  Thanks for this video.  Fond memories 

There are Yankee fans that think Yankee Stadium is still the place Ruth played

I remember the brothers well.  But in fairness to Ed, they moved on when the team moved to NJ

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, the Claw said:

Didn’t he up and quit on the team a few years ago? He’s basically the RL equivalent of a poster that starts an “I’m leaving this forum and this is why….” thread only to be found complaining about the secondary in the game thread a week later. 
 

F this dude. The fanbase deserves better than a wishy washy wimpy whiner in a fireman’s hat. 

Read up why he left a few years ago.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't have anything against Ed I just think this fanbase is pathetic for putting other fans on a pedestal...I mean there's like 10 radio guys playing the role of tortured Jets fan and now there's like another 10 guys on Youtube who have become insufferable.  Do other fanbases do this? 

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This thread is about making the stadium as loud as possible on Sunday. Say what you want, but it isn't debatable. When Ed leads the chant, the stadium is louder.

Let's go Jets. We need to create a home-field advantage for this team. Here is to a great season, starting with an upset this week!

  • Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

Maxman is right.  Fireman Ed didn't quit on the team "not too far back", he quit on the team a full decade ago!

 

Talking about this stuff is silly. The guy got assaulted in the bathroom, and stopped doing the chant. He never missed a game. Actually moved to the section next to me.  I saw him there every week. People need to stop trying to figure out who is a bad fan. 

Who cares.

If you haven't gone to a game in 15 years, show up Sunday and be loud. If the stadium is loud, all is forgiven for past fan transgressions.

Fan amnesty week you spend $150, get a free 12oz soda, and a get out of fan jail free card lol.

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Talking about this stuff is silly. The guy got assaulted in the bathroom, and stopped doing the chant. He never missed a game. Actually moved to the section next to me.  I saw him there every week. People need to stop trying to figure out who is a bad fan. 

Who cares.

If you haven't gone to a game in 15 years, show up Sunday and be loud. If the stadium is loud, all is forgiven for past fan transgressions.

Fan amnesty week you spend $150, get a free 12oz soda, and a get out of fan jail free card lol.

Didn't realize that.  I'll still always think of him as an attention hungry Dolphin fan though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Didn't realize that.  I'll still always think of him as an attention hungry Dolphin fan though.

True story. Two guys came in after him. He decided it wasn't worth it but I saw with my own eyes that he kept going. Randomly he sat on the aisle in the section next to me. He never missed a game, sat there quietly, and anyone who wanted a picture or an autograph he was always gracious.

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

People better get to the gates early. It’s going to be packed and bottle up if you get there at 1245. May not get to your seat till 115

get in early! 

Game will probably be out of reach by then

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, munchmemory said:

I don't remember Crazy Larry, unless he's the Larry Mack featured in the first part of the video I posted above.

Yup. That his him. Not sure where but I clearly remember him being referenced as crazy larry.

I think it was the appearance with the wig.

now this part I might be dreaming but I thought he also would drop his pants and moon the other end zone in his boxers.

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

Talking about this stuff is silly. The guy got assaulted in the bathroom, and stopped doing the chant. He never missed a game. Actually moved to the section next to me.  I saw him there every week. People need to stop trying to figure out who is a bad fan. 

Who cares.

If you haven't gone to a game in 15 years, show up Sunday and be loud. If the stadium is loud, all is forgiven for past fan transgressions.

Fan amnesty week you spend $150, get a free 12oz soda, and a get out of fan jail free card lol.

Thanks Max...all I did in my response was to tell the poster to look it up.  I just don't understand some fans sometimes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Trotter said:

Yup. That his him. Not sure where but I clearly remember him being referenced as crazy larry.

I think it was the appearance with the wig.

now this part I might be dreaming but I thought he also would drop his pants and moon the other end zone in his boxers.

I don't recall the mooning.  But you definitely have a better memory than me.  Shea was so nuts in those days that I don't doubt it at all.  Rumor has it that a few incorrigibles would consume alcohol and other substances during games.   Maybe @Dcat will remember.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...