Jets News Briefs 03-21-06

SUPERJET

Agent says Dwight very interested in Jets

Tue, 21 Mar 2006 06:33:31 -0800

Randy Lange, of the Bergen Record, reports agent Jack Bechta said free agent WR Tim Dwight (Patriots) is "very interested" in signing with the New York Jets. Despite that, Dwight continued on his free-agent tour.

Jets | Team remains interested in T. Jones

Tue, 21 Mar 2006 06:28:58 -0800

Rich Cimini, of the New York Daily News, reports the New York Jets remain interested in free agent S Tebucky Jones (Dolphins), who recently visited with the team.

Jets | Team remains interested in A. Dyson

Tue, 21 Mar 2006 06:27:29 -0800

Rich Cimini, of the New York Daily News, reports the New York Jets remain interested in free agent CB Andre Dyson (Seahawks), who recently visited with the team.

Jets | Team visits with K. Wright

Tue, 21 Mar 2006 06:26:35 -0800

Rich Cimini, of the New York Daily News, reports the New York Jets visited with free agent CB Kenny Wright (Jaguars) Monday, March 20.

Jets | Team visits with Dwight

Tue, 21 Mar 2006 06:25:40 -0800

Rich Cimini, of the New York Daily News, reports the New York Jets visited with free agent WR Tim Dwight (Patriots) Monday, March 20.

Jets | Team expected to visit with Runyan

Tue, 21 Mar 2006 06:25:18 -0800

Rich Cimini, of the New York Daily News, reports the New York Jets are expected to visit with free agent OT Jon Runyan (Eagles) Tuesday, March 21.

A few quick thoughts on those visiting. I don't mind Dwight but if we're going to throw money at a #4/5 receiver/returner why not throw it at the much younger and better Chatman? Dyson or Wright and Runyan I could envision happening, Tebucky Jones I don't see the fit ro the need as I think our safeties are one of our youngest and strongest units.

Dyson spurned us last year. Screw him. I wanted him last year but this year, no thanks. Although, on second thought...I'd put Smizzy in at CB and trust him more then I would David F'n Barrett.

Jets | Team expected to visit with Runyan

Tue, 21 Mar 2006 06:25:18 -0800

Rich Cimini, of the New York Daily News, reports the New York Jets are expected to visit with free agent OT Jon Runyan (Eagles) Tuesday, March 21.

Runyan from what I have watched is a pretty good player, but he is on the old side (32). I wouldn't mind if the Jets signed him.

Chatman....signed with the Bengals

Duh, what I was saying was that if we're going to put money towards someone like Dwight it would have better spent with a younger better player like Chatman. Reading comprehension is being lost in today's education system, this much is evident.

Duh, what I was saying was that if we're going to put money towards someone like Dwight it would have better spent with a younger better player like Chatman. Reading comprehension is being lost in today's education system, this much is evident.

Clearly impatience and attitude were a part of your curiculum, that much is evident. Go back and read your thread that was responded to, and you'll see that nothing in it eluded to you knowing about Chatman going to the Bengals. The dude was just trying to help you out, clearly at a time where you were likely having a major sandstorm in your vagina. Chill.........

The only signings that I would really want on that list would be Runyan and Dwight. Dwight would be a solid number 4 possesion receiver for us and a good punt returner. Runyan is a good solid OT who still has a few years left in him and if we sign him Oline wont be as much of a pressing need in the 1st round.

Archived