Cimini Trade Prediction: There Are Teams Interested in Corey Davis

Throughout the offseason, the future of New York Jets wide receiver Denzel Mims has been widely discussed.

However, according to the latest nuggets coming in, a different Gang Green offensive weapon could find himself in some trade speculation during the 2022 season.

On the Flight Deck Podcast, Cimini projected veteran wide receiver Corey Davis to have a bounce-back campaign this year but that wasn’t his official prediction:

“I think he’s going to have a bounce-back year but my prediction for him: when we get into late October I think his name will be circulating in some of the trade rumors. There are some teams out there that I know are interested in Corey Davis, wide receiver needy teams.

The 27-year-old still has two years remaining on the $37.5 million contract he originally signed last offseason.

If the Jets decided to move on this season they would incur a $14.33 million dead cap hit. However next offseason that dead hit shrinks to a measly $666,667 thousand.

The former Western Michigan product had an uncharacteristic year in 2021 that was littered with injuries, drops, and overall inconsistency.

However, heading into 2022 Davis has dropped some weight and quite frankly has dominated the offseason.

Jets team reporter Ethan Greenberg joined Will Parkinson on the Turn On The Jets Podcast and called Davis the “best WR in camp” this summer:

The Future at WR

Cimini explained on the podcast that the only way he could see the Jets being open to a potential Davis deal is if the youngsters step up on the roster:

“If Garrett Wilson is doing well with Elijah Moore and Braxton Berrios, I think the trade rumors will surface. Now I’m not saying the Jets will trade Corey Davis, I’m just saying his name might come up in trade rumors.”

With that out in Davis’ contract, it would make a lot of sense if the Jets moved on and handed the keys of the franchise to their young triplets at wide receiver. Considering that possibility, if the Jets could flip their veteran piece for a valuable asset while teams are interested, they’d be crazy not to consider it mid-season.

Wilson was the No. 10 overall pick in the 2022 NFL draft and is expected to be a star at this level. It seems by all indications he will be slowly worked into the offense considering all of the other weapons on the Jets roster.

However, if he accelerates at a quicker pace than anyone was expecting and starts demanding targets, it could make a Davis trade even more palatable.

https://heavy.com/sports/new-york-jets/corey-davis-trade-rumors-prediction/

@Maxman - we still can't paste articles with formatting - that seems like a downgrade to the forum software

"Corey Davis Trade Rumors Run Rampant!"  is an "article" based on Cimini making a prediction that Davis will have a good year and teams will be asking about him in October.  I don't know much about the heavy.com, but I recently changed cellphones and now whenever I open google there are 2.76M heavy.com clickbait Jets "articles."  It seems like there is one for every player on the roster and practice squad.  They have ridiculous headlines related to any topic I have ever mentioned out loud or typed into my phone - watch modding, restoring old mopars, Jets, Yankees, Nets, Knicks, etc.  I don't know if they paid google a ton or if this is some new division of theirs. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

"Corey Davis Trade Rumors Run Rampant!"  is an article based on Cimini making a prediction that he will have a good year and teams will be asking about Davis in October.  I don't know much about the heavy.com, but I recently changed cellphones and now whenever I open google there are 2.76M heavy.com clickbait Jets "articles."  It seems like there is one for every player on the roster and practice squad.  They have ridiculous headlines related to any topic I have ever mentioned out loud or typed into my phone - watch modding, restoring old mopars, Jets, Yankees, Nets Knicks.  

It's absolute garbage.  And this is from the same moron who posted this one to fluff his own twitter persona:

https://heavy.com/sports/new-york-jets/jets-surprisingly-superstar-nfc/

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, ganggreen305 said:

Stop trading players away.  Instead, trade the medical staff away.

Thanks for the segway into this topic.This is a problem that goes back to my 2nd year of season tix, 1980. We had the 2nd pick, thanks to the trading of Matt Robinson to Denver for their 1st rd pick. Who knew Mac's father was in the business too?? That year, our "medical staff" convinced us to not draft Anthony Munoz because he had bad knees. Instead, we took a WR, Lam Jones, who had great knees, but horrible hands, not the greatest attribute for the position. Munoz is now the greatest LT in NFL history the true gold standard that all who came after him are measured against. This is something that has plagued this franchise for 43 years now, so this recent cluster you know what should not come as any shocker to fans. It's just par for the course of a franchise that has the most detached ownership history in the NFL. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

Oh my god can we PLEASE STOP POSTING these "articles" from this Boy Green dolt as though they have any actual substance?????

I'm sure Corey Davis will be traded as soon as DK Metcalf arrives.

Cimini has credibility and says he knows teams are interested in Davis. Aside from that?

clemonsNo.jpg.7053d511ffdd6ec23f0db8cc82bb35e9.jpg

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, section314 said:

Thanks for the segway into this topic.This is a problem that goes back to my 2nd year of season tix, 1980. We had the 2nd pick, thanks to the trading of Matt Robinson to Denver for their 1st rd pick. Who knew Mac's father was in the business too?? That year, our "medical staff" convinced us to not draft Anthony Munoz because he had bad knees. Instead, we took a WR, Lam Jones, who had great knees, but horrible hands, not the greatest attribute for the position. Munoz is now the greatest LT in NFL history the true gold standard that all who came after him are measured against. This is something that has plagued this franchise for 43 years now, so this recent cluster you know what should not come as any shocker to fans. It's just par for the course of a franchise that has the most detached ownership history in the NFL. 

Well, they flagged Munoz, but were pretty famous for letting guys like Chrebet and Toon get their bells rung and continue playing before they properly healed.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

Well, they flagged Munoz, but were pretty famous for letting guys like Chrebet and Toon get their bells rung and continue playing before they properly healed.  

I know, horrible. You and I have been around forever.....boy, the book we could write about this stuff.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

@Barry McCockinner you don't like my opinion?  Are you writing this sh*t?  You can't post the article because you can't format that clickbait sh*t.  It is like trying to post one of those 2006 bleacher report top ten lists.

Y'all are hung up on who wrote the article rather than the actual relevant content from Cimini. Get over it.

As for the formatting - JN used to allow pasting of any article and it would auto-format from the site it was copied from. That doesn't happen for any article anymore regardless of your opinion of the site.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

The Jets are trying to win games this year - no need to trade away starting WRs.... Keep everybody and let's roll

Unless the Jets trade him away for an existing player who will help the Jets win more games this year.

However, I just don't see it. Davis is a player of need, IMO, and I don't see any player who can do more for the Jets, unless it's the QB from San Francisco.  But then that would start an insane controversy, which the Jets don't need.

3 minutes ago, David Harris said:

He’s got a great contract for the Jets and we’d be worse without him.

Im keeping him for the next two years

If Wilson shows he is capable of a bigger role and somehow Mims shows he's capable I could see them making a move like this for a good offer. There are only so many passes to catch and Mims is a situation right now. 

With our luck Moore & Wilson would get injured the day after Davis was traded though.

“I’m not saying he’ll get traded but that his name may come up in trade rumors.”

This is the sort of groundbreaking-literary-journalist-espionage worthy writing and investigative reasoning that truly cements Cimini a true artist and professional on the Mount Rushmore of amazing along

Sherlock Holmes, Walter Cronkite, Ernest Hemingway, and Leonardo Da Vinci.

• Haha 4

30 minutes ago, Warfish said:

No thank you.

Davis/Wilson/Moore/Berrios/Mims > Wilson/Moore/Berrios/Mims/Some Guy

Thank you!

Only Jets fans could watch all of their WRs get hurt every year and then be eager to trade their only accomplished veteran WR. 

More weapons > Less weapons (especially when the majority of them get hurt every year). 

If Mims flashes this year and you want to replace Davis with Mims in the offseason, that's another story, provided you draft another WR to groom in the mid rounds. 

WR is one of the most important positions on the field and they are delicate - you can basically never have enough of them. 

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I have no idea who boy green is. I posted this based on what cimini claims to know and his prediction. I really couldn't care less if you don't like it. Move on to another thread or eat a bag a dicks or whatever.

Cimini claims to know that some teams may be interested in him.  After he brought up Davis having a bad season a year ago.  Before getting injured and missing the second half of the season   

Makes sense 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I see Cimini is in midseason form before the first kickoff.

Even with the Connor Hughes move to SNY - little man Hughes seems to have the upper hand with NYJ "scoops." 

Cimini grasping for straws before its retirement time.

In Cimini's defense, he was merely riffing on a podcast. The dweeb who wrote this "article" is the real culprit.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Y'all are hung up on who wrote the article rather than the actual relevant content from Cimini. Get over it.

As for the formatting - JN used to allow pasting of any article and it would auto-format from the site it was copied from. That doesn't happen for any article anymore regardless of your opinion of the site.

I'm not hung up on anything.  Cimini said teams would be calling about Davis in October.  The only reasons we will want to deal him then are if Mims, Smith or someone else really steps up (not likely) or we suck (more likely). It wasn't anything particularly relevant.  It was a quote from his podcast with "predictions."  

“I think he’s going to have a bounce-back year but my prediction for him: when we get into late October I think his name will be circulating in some of the trade rumors. There are some teams out there that I know are interested in Corey Davis, wide receiver needy teams.”

WR needy teams interested in WR!  I don't think he even wrote it.  He said it in a podcast and they quoted it.

• Upvote 2