Jump to content

Cimini Trade Prediction: There Are Teams Interested in Corey Davis


Recommended Posts

There is less then a 0% chance they would ever trade corey davis.  Not only has his been great this year receiving, but his size is key in our run blocking.  Lets not forget his mentoring these young receivers.

If this keeps up, not only will he be back next year, but they might give him an extension.  You need 3 receivers in this league and he is playing great!

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

There is less then a 0% chance they would ever trade corey davis.  Not only has his been great this year receiving, but his size is key in our run blocking.  Lets not forget his mentoring these young receivers.

If this keeps up, not only will he be back next year, but they might give him an extension.  You need 3 receivers in this league and he is playing great!

Less than 0% is just as infantile as 110% percent. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/8/2022 at 9:25 AM, #27TheDominator said:

"Corey Davis Trade Rumors Run Rampant!"  is an "article" based on Cimini making a prediction that Davis will have a good year and teams will be asking about him in October.  I don't know much about the heavy.com, but I recently changed cellphones and now whenever I open google there are 2.76M heavy.com clickbait Jets "articles."  It seems like there is one for every player on the roster and practice squad.  They have ridiculous headlines related to any topic I have ever mentioned out loud or typed into my phone - watch modding, restoring old mopars, Jets, Yankees, Nets, Knicks, etc.  I don't know if they paid google a ton or if this is some new division of theirs. 

So you're saying Cimini is an idiot ? 

k

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Titan24 said:

Cimini had a small blurb on podcast one nfc team is monitoring…….let’s have a 9 pg discussion on nonsense 

It’s either this or back again to the Jets uniforms and football fashion preferences in general with all the fashionista savants contributing their 2¢ here. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Less than 0% is just as infantile as 110% percent. 

Thank you! 
 

Really makes you worry about modern society’s inability to grasp one of the more basic concepts in math.

It’s only a percentage if between 0 and 100, no more no less.

0<%>100
 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ll never understand the hate Corey Davis gets from some in this fan base.  He’s a solid receiver on an affordable deal…

His drops are magnified because our offense (and team) has typically not been able to overcome the types of errors that good or great offenses tend to overcome frequently.  

In the Browns game we were able to overcome the Wilson drop… the Browns were sunk by an Njoku drop that would have helped them ice the game.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The long TD was pretty lucky but he was getting open a fair bit.

Flacco missed him badly on that late 3rd down. Also overthrew a deep ball where he had a step on his man earlier on when Flacco was rolling to his right, should have been a huge gain.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

Thank you! 
 

Really makes you worry about modern society’s inability to grasp one of the more basic concepts in math.

It’s only a percentage if between 0 and 100, no more no les.

0<%>100
 

People do not inherently understand probabilities. Risk aversion has ensured our species’ survival over the millennia. One dude gets eaten by a bear in a cave? Ok let’s sleep in the rain. One dude dies from eating bad pork? Oh, the gods said pigs are ritually unclean. Etc.

Told my boss once I believed we had a 25% chance of a successful outcome and 75% of a bad one in a certain deal. It ended up being positive. He told me later “See, you were wrong.”

The Rock Reaction GIF by WWE

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bravo Zulu guys...

We had a wild win and in the absence of trash to talk you become so literal that people are "infantile" for the way they stress will / won't. 

Next up.....

We run PVO through a differential equation to determine probability of success. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, jNYC1 said:

I’ll never understand the hate Corey Davis gets from some in this fan base.  He’s a solid receiver on an affordable deal…

Dropped passes in critical situations

Fumbling in the high red zone at the end of the 1st half of the Buffalo game

What's so difficult to understand

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

There is less then a 0% chance they would ever trade corey davis.  Not only has his been great this year receiving, but his size is key in our run blocking.  Lets not forget his mentoring these young receivers.

If this keeps up, not only will he be back next year, but they might give him an extension.  You need 3 receivers in this league and he is playing great!

Which is worse, Corey Davis or his contract ? If the Jets are going to receive anything for Davis in a trade they have to move him before the Trade Deadline. At 13 Million per year Davis is a steal as a WR1 but a ripoff as a WR2. With Garrett Wilson coming on like a house on fire you can count the number of Games with Davis designated as WR1. So what do the Jets do with Davis 1) Cut him after the season 2) Let him play out the final year of his contract 3) Negotiate an extension. Let's start with the last option. Extending Davis will entail a raise upping his base salary to the 15 to 18 Million range. Wilson, Moore and Mims are all on their Rookie Contracts. Wilson could leap frog the bunch and become WR1 before the Bye Week thus demoting Davis. Then where Davis go, to WR2 supplanting Elijah Moore? Then where does Moore go, Slot Receiver splitting reps with Berrios? All the while Mims remains out in the cold? It seems obvious that Davis and his contract have no place in the future on the Jets. Option 2 letting Davis play out the final year of his contract is little more than a delay of the inevitable and a waste of reps. The playing time would be better spent seeing what the Jets have in Mims. Mims contract is also up after 2023 and the Jets could resign Mims much cheaper than Davis and not cause discord in the WR Room. Option 1, cut Davis after 2022. This seems the best option for everyone although not exactly palatable. Davis can move on and get a bigger deal from another team while the Jets keep harmony in their lockerroom. Thats why it males sense for the Jets to move Davis ASAP and get what ever they can.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...