I'm not sure I understand the negativity towards Joe Flacco.

Alka

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

Tom Brady is 45, but he was great when he was 44.  Flacco is 37, but has pretty much sucked since he turned 33.  I don't really hate on Flacco, but he is not a future and there is no reason for this team to be doing anything but looking for a future.  

I'm not looking for a future right now.  I just want a win on Sunday.

Just now, hawk said:

Have you been on this site long?

???What does that mean?  Flacco played better than Zach Wilson did last season when he got the chance.

Just because the entire Jets team sucked last year; lets not put that on Flacco, shall we.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, section314 said:

With Zach out for another 3-4 weeks, this is the perfect chance for the Jets to see If Mike White is at least the viable QB2 going forward. He should be playing until Wilson comes back. They gain nothing having Flacco playing. Fans dontr hate Flacco, just bad decision on Saleh's part.

I hope never to see Mr White play another down for the Jets.

• Upvote 2

That ugly picked definitely brought in a lot of bad vibes. I think he will run the offense well. He’s been here awhile now. He’s going to get the ball out of his hand to his playmakers. 

he’ll be named captain. I expect the jets to be fired up and to bring the energy. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, section314 said:

With Zach out for another 3-4 weeks, this is the perfect chance for the Jets to see If Mike White is at least the viable QB2 going forward. He should be playing until Wilson comes back. They gain nothing having Flacco playing. Fans dontr hate Flacco, just bad decision on Saleh's part.

Or 1

• Thumb Down 1

24 minutes ago, Alka said:

???What does that mean?  Flacco played better than Zach Wilson did last season when he got the chance.

Just because the entire Jets team sucked last year; lets not put that on Flacco, shall we.

You said you didn't understand the negativity.  ?

34 minutes ago, Alka said:

Yes, the guy is 37 years old, but Tom Brady is 45 years old.  He is a seasoned veteran who QB'd the Ravens to win a Super Bowl.  Zach Wilson is still an unknown quantity, who lost his first game on the big stage to Sam Darnold.

I actually think that the Jets have a better chance at a win on Sunday with Flacco starting than with Zach right now.  I understand that the future is Zach Wilson, but Sunday is the present, and with a home game and opening day, Joe Flacco won't get overwhelmed by the moment.  I believe he is the calm and cool guy that we need to start the season.

Many Jets fans are not happy that I think the Jets will lose on Sunday.  I still think the Jets will lose, but I think that Flacco increases our chance of a win.  

Not sure its negativity for Flacco or more disappointment that we're not getting a chance to see if Wilson can be the FQB we all hope he can become .

23 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I too have never understood the vitriol towards this guy ... 

I FULLY SUPPORT THE FLACMASTER... until Zach is healthy

... And if he goes down ... Im pulling for Streveler to leap frog Noodle Arm.

I do not understand when people say White doesn't have an arm.  He has plenty.  He does seem to struggle with deep ball accuracy, but the strength is there.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, hawk said:

I do not understand when people say White doesn't have an arm.  He has plenty.  He does seem to struggle with deep ball accuracy, but the strength is there.

Last year I was surprised at how weak his arm was (and I agree he was inaccurate on long throws), considering draft previews said he had a really strong arm.  This year in camp, though, it looked a lot stronger (and more accurate).  

11 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Last year I was surprised at how weak his arm was (and I agree he was inaccurate on long throws), considering draft previews said he had a really strong arm.  This year in camp, though, it looked a lot stronger (and more accurate).  

I actually think the "weak arm" narrative is overblown with MW.  He's a bit of a check down Charlie, but that's by design, I think. 

My biggest concern with MW (from the very limited time we got to see him) were the turnover worthy throws. I believe PFF charted something like 9 turnover worthy throws in his  two (and change) starts, which was at the very top of the league. He's a young QB, but that's a lot. Even in his hall of fame game, he threw 2 picks and could have thrown one or two more. 

Having said that, I would be considerably more PUMPED if the Jets were starting MW on Sunday. 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I don't think most of it is actually about Flacco. It's misdirected anger. Flacco has had a really good career and is still competent. 

BUT having to watch a 37 year old backup QB start on opening day, a guy who two teams have already moved on from and who hasn't won a start since 2019, is just par for the course for Jets fans. Consider that we have not had the same QB start all 16 (or 17) games since 2015. Think about that. 

In the last 20 years, we've watched Chad Pennington break his wrist in Preseason, Sanchez get hurt in Preseason, Geno get punched out by a teammate in training camp, Darnold get Mono before week 2, and Wilson hurt his knee on a non-contact injury in Preseason. Think about that. That's basically 5 QBs (all high draft picks, all future "franchise QB" candidates) who had their seasons derailed before the season even got going! It basically happens to us one out of every four years. Think about that.

I just think we are fed up with having to watch a veteran placeholder QB who has no future here. When are we going to find a young QB who can actually stay on the field and become a legit "franchise QB?" And why do our QBs ALWAYS get hurt?

If it thumbs down this...its because the truth hurts. Joking I thumbs up'd

• Upvote 1