Hypothetical: Flacco Is Hot - Wilson is Healthy

Who would you start week 4 if Flacco is hot?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you start week 4 if Flacco is hot?

Obviously unlikely scenario, but for the sake of discussion while we wait out the longest 3 days of the year before kickoff ...

The Flacco lead Jets manage to start the season 3-0 (bal, cle, cin). Flacco has a stat line something like 8TD/3INT, 1000 yards passing.

Wilson is 110% and ready to go. Are you putting Wilson in or riding the Flacking hot streak? 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

As a believer in Zach Wilson's talent, I would have to roll with papa Joe. You absolutely CAN lose your job to injury. 

Having said that, let's cross this bridge when we come to it - LOL. 

I was going to type almost the exact same thing (I am NOT really a believer in Wilson), but you pretty much nailed it.

If Flacco has us at 3-0, he keeps playing.  

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

Just now, CanadaSteve said:

I was going to type almost the exact same thing (I am NOT really a believer in Wilson), but you pretty much nailed it.

If Flacco has us at 3-0, he keeps playing.  

I'd like to add to this:

Flacco gets the wins to go 3-0.

Streveler comes in during the 4th quarter and brings us back for the saves.  

• Sympathy 2

I voted Zach, but it depends on if the Jets have won a couple of the first 3.

JF could play very well and the team could be 0-3. Even at 1-2, with Joe playing well, I would want ZW to start game 4.

2-1? You might decide to keep rolling with Joe. 3-0..while of course extremely doubtful, you obviously stay with your starter if he’s hot.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Great question but for me regardless of record there is no way I bring Zach back on the road in Pitt against watt and a suspect ol.

let him return if that is the decision the next home game.

Better yet, let’s put him in bubble wrap and keep him safe until we’ve shown we are a playoff team.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I guess you didn't read the post.

Just the top line, tbh. Obviously, if JF is 3-0 and hot, you stick with him, which is basically what I wrote without reading the the entire post.

it would be stupid to go with ZW given that scenario. No sane coach would change to go with a second year QB coming off injury and a tough 1st year, if their veteran backup was hot and the team was winning every game.   You’d move back to ZW fairly quickly however, if the team and JF started to falter.

15 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

no way you can replace Flacco if he is playing well with Wilson, the fan base would absolutely revolt

We really like to over estimate the impact the fan base has with this team on this board.

The owners, the GM and the HC are in the top .50% in this country financially. They could care less about us.

34 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Flacco sucks and it is way more likely we will be 0-3 or 0-4 than otherwise.

Yep.

We're more likely to have Flacco suck while Wilson is still injured, end up putting Mike White in, and he continues to suck too. 

This is the only way.