Hypothetical: Flacco Is Hot - Wilson is Healthy

Who would you start week 4 if Flacco is hot?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you start week 4 if Flacco is hot?

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I could not possibly care less about Joe Flacco.  His purpose here is meaningless.  That goes for his stats and any wins he accumulates as well.

Same.  He's not part of the future here (no matter what Saleh thinks) and we're not winning the SB this year.  Flacco is a waste of time.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I could not possibly care less about Joe Flacco.  His purpose here is meaningless.  That goes for his stats and any wins he accumulates as well.

I couldn't care less about Flacco either but I want to see the Jets win and if he's on fire and the team is doing well ... ehhh 

If it aint broke don't fix it. At some point he'll f up and it will be an easy excuse to put Wilson back in.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Obviously unlikely scenario, but for the sake of discussion while we wait out the longest 3 days of the year before kickoff ...

The Flacco lead Jets manage to start the season 3-0 (bal, cle, cin). Flacco has a stat line something like 8TD/3INT, 1000 yards passing.

Wilson is 110% and ready to go. Are you putting Wilson in or riding the Flacking hot streak? 

I don't see this team going on a playoff run, I expect Wilson is back in as soon as he's 110%! :)

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Same.  He's not part of the future here (no matter what Saleh thinks) and we're not winning the SB this year.  Flacco is a waste of time.

I completely agree, and yet, if we were ever somehow 3-0 with Flacco putting up the numbers the OP outlined, we'd all secretly be dreaming about big things just a little bit. 

• Upvote 1

You can think of ZW as the potential “franchise QB” and still stick with JF if he was red hot and the team was winning every game.

Agree, of course, that the chances of that happening (3-0 - hot JF) are extremely slim. If by some miracle it plays out that way, you’d still want to see  a quick change to ZW at the point JF stops playing out of his mind.

It’s a good thought experiment however, before the season starts.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I completely agree, and yet, if we were ever somehow 3-0 with Flacco putting up the numbers the OP outlined, we'd all secretly be dreaming about big things just a little bit. 

This is 100% accurate.  Of course we would all love to see a miracle.  
No doubt in my mind there would be many minds changed here if the team was 3-0 with a red hot JF. Of course most voted - stay with JF anyway.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

I’m curious. There’s obviously no way of knowing for certain, but do you think the record would be any better if Wilson was healthy and starting those games?

Yes and even if not the fact that he is playing and hopefully developing and at least finding out what we have would be far better than having a 37 year old who is not good enough to actually make your team good cash his paychecks.

57 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I couldn't care less about Flacco either but I want to see the Jets win and if he's on fire and the team is doing well ... ehhh 

If it aint broke don't fix it. At some point he'll f up and it will be an easy excuse to put Wilson back in.

Up-voted for properly using this phrase (instead of "could care less").  Very few people do that (use the phrase that matches what they're trying to convey).

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Obviously unlikely scenario, but for the sake of discussion while we wait out the longest 3 days of the year before kickoff ...

The Flacco lead Jets manage to start the season 3-0 (bal, cle, cin). Flacco has a stat line something like 8TD/3INT, 1000 yards passing.

Wilson is 110% and ready to go. Are you putting Wilson in or riding the Flacking hot streak? 

If the above happens, Flacco will get a 4th game, 5th game, etc.  It's not what I want or believe should be the case, but its what would happen.  The coaches would feel so smart about it, but the reality is the second Flacco has a so-so game or a loss and they decide to put Wilson back in and he doesn't play up to the standards set forth by Flacco, you unnecessarily divide the locker room and dial up the pressure on Wilson. 

• Upvote 1

In this basically impossible scenario, you keep rolling with Flacco because he's performing among the best QBs in the league. Keep him in until he falters or the team is eliminated from the season. Then teach Wilson to do whatever Flacco did to perform so well with the team. 

If Flacco's not having the best season of his career, the decision is more difficult. If the team performs well and Flacco is along for the ride, then Wilson should go in as soon as he's ready. I expect we're going to see game management out of Flacco which is pretty much what you need out of a backup. If that's the case, there's no point in waiting once Wilson is ready to go.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Garrett Wilson averages 7 catches, 112 yards and a TD per game over the next 3 weeks.

@Mogglez be like:  "Waste of time, put Zach Wilson back in"

I'd agree with that move too. We aren't winning a Super Bowl with Flacco.  We need to find out what we have in Zach so we can make decisions going forward.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Garrett Wilson averages 7 catches, 112 yards and a TD per game over the next 3 weeks.

@Mogglez be like:  "Waste of time, put Zach Wilson back in"

Garrett Wilson is a wide receiver.  Wide receiver isn’t as important as QB.  Quite frankly, idgaf what Garrett Wilson does with Joe Flacco.  Joe Flacco isn’t going to be here long term.  Sh*t, he won’t be here next year.  It’s, quite literally, a waste of time seeing how he performs with Flacco under center.

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'd agree with that move too. We aren't winning a Super Bowl with Flacco.  We need to find out what we have in Zach so we can make decisions going forward.

We aren't winning a Super Bowl with Wilson either, and I don't mind seeing how well the offense functions with a competent QB under center so we can properly evaluate all the young guys and new additions.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

19 hours ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Agree, I'd prefer to see M White play while ZW is out

I'm no mike white fan but I agree.

Joe's still a good.... maybe even great pocket QB but Joe's biggest weakness is the same as the jets current weakness / question mark. 

Joe is bad when flushed,  our oline has no continuity and so far as I can tell,  there are health concerns amplified by concerns over back up quality.  

First 4 or 5 games are gonna be ugly for the jets. 

43 minutes ago, PorP said:

I'm no mike white fan but I agree.

Joe's still a good.... maybe even great pocket QB but Joe's biggest weakness is the same as the jets current weakness / question mark. 

Joe is bad when flushed,  our oline has no continuity and so far as I can tell,  there are health concerns amplified by concerns over back up quality.  

First 4 or 5 games are gonna be ugly for the jets. 

there is no upside at all with Flacco, he is nothing more than a hold the fort guy at this point. I personally don't think Mike White is anything more than a career backup, but the Jets likely arent winning games with Flacco anyway, so might as well see if White can be more than that.

2 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

there is no upside at all with Flacco, he is nothing more than a hold the fort guy at this point. I personally don't think Mike White is anything more than a career backup, but the Jets likely arent winning games with Flacco anyway, so might as well see if White can be more than that.

I don't know if I disagree or not with the this and the point you're making? 

Flacco is still impressive in a clean pocket. My point was I don't think the Jets can provide a clean pocket. 

And Joe is bad outside of the pocket. 

So roll the dice with white.