Hypothetical: Flacco Is Hot - Wilson is Healthy

Who would you start week 4 if Flacco is hot?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you start week 4 if Flacco is hot?

I didn’t read every post here but it has to be Wilson. Flacco has no long term future here. Assuming Flacco is hot, as fun as it would be to have a good season, throwing away the development / chance at having a franchise qb is insane. The jets have weapons around, more than last year, and more weapons than Sam Darnold ever had. In todays NFL, if you look at the guys who pan out and the ones who don’t, the common dominator is the talent around them. I mean, sh*t, look at what tua is doing in his first two games in a similar offense, with a boat load of talent around him. You gotta take that chance and see what Wilson has.

• Upvote 2

Joining the majority by endorsing the plan for Flacco to obviously start next week and then having Wilson take over v the Steelers.  Yes - “Joe, thank you for your service. Now, continue to help mentor Zach.”

We have a great young core. This all about 2023 and beyond and we need to know if ZW is our franchise QB.

14 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The Jets started more rookies than any team in the league last year and have every single 2022 pick either starting or taking significant snaps. 

Aside from that, yea - loves the vets.

14 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

Yeah all those Vets he started on D last year , i almost lost count. ?

He's been forced to - The team's only saving grace has been it's draft capital over the last two years. It's a roster filled with young players we've invested in as a result. Also gave him an easy out in that first year and helped lower expectations. 

But no - He has not gone out of his way to make this team younger. Quite the opposite - Genuine trash like Nathan Shepherd, Lamarcus Joyner and Vinny Curry made the roster while less established players missed out. 

Hell Garrett Wilson may be the best rookie in the NFL this season and Braxton Berrios was starting ahead of him until Wilson made himself impossible to ignore. 

The better players on this roster are young but it's not that young of a roster - It's one of the top ten oldest in the league. Largely due to Saleh/Douglas siding with the vets when it came time to cut players loose. 

13 hours ago, extmenace said:

Assuming Flacco is hot, as fun as it would be to have a good season, throwing away the development / chance at having a franchise qb is insane.

Don’t we have Wilson for up to three more seasons after this one? 

Hoes does it “throw away the chance at having a franchise QB” if we still own him for several more seasons?

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, extmenace said:

I didn’t read every post here but it has to be Wilson. Flacco has no long term future here. Assuming Flacco is hot, as fun as it would be to have a good season, throwing away the development / chance at having a franchise qb is insane. The jets have weapons around, more than last year, and more weapons than Sam Darnold ever had. In todays NFL, if you look at the guys who pan out and the ones who don’t, the common dominator is the talent around them. I mean, sh*t, look at what tua is doing in his first two games in a similar offense, with a boat load of talent around him. You gotta take that chance and see what Wilson has.

How does sitting and learning while the other young players play in the designed offense hurt Zach's development?  There are a bunch of HOF NFL QB's who did exactly that. 

• Upvote 1

He's been forced to - The team's only saving grace has been it's draft capital over the last two years. It's a roster filled with young players we've invested in as a result. Also gave him an easy out in that first year and helped lower expectations. 
But no - He has not gone out of his way to make this team younger. Quite the opposite - Genuine trash like Nathan Shepherd, Lamarcus Joyner and Vinny Curry made the roster while less established players missed out. 
Hell Garrett Wilson may be the best rookie in the NFL this season and Braxton Berrios was starting ahead of him until Wilson made himself impossible to ignore. 
The better players on this roster are young but it's not that young of a roster - It's one of the top ten oldest in the league. Largely due to Saleh/Douglas siding with the vets when it came time to cut players loose. 

Berrios plays the slot, Wilson is playing on the outside. But Wilson wasn’t playing because they were using 13 package last game in the 1st quarter.
  • Upvote 1

You are also allowed to make up your mind about Flacco 

He’s the back up QB on this team. 124 yards of his 307 came in the last 2 minutes of the game. His 19 for 33 for 183 yards and 2 TDs aren’t the type of stats that would whip the fan base in a tizzy. He was stellar in the last 2 minutes, no one is denying that. But the prior 118 minutes he was just ok. I made up my mind on Flacco, he is a much better QB than Mike White to be the back up on this team. He is not the future.

Does that answer your statement?

14 hours ago, Claymation said:

You obviously made up your mind about Zach, which is fine. I am keeping mine open, giving him the benefit of the doubt. We shall see.

Yeah I don’t think it’s fair to say Wilson is NOT the guy.  That’s just speculation. However if a fan says “We have no idea what Zach is yet” that’s completely fair and a fact.  Look if we win this Sunday I have no issue with sticking with Flacco another game.  I think this injury for Zach might have been a blessing in disguise because he has been able to watch.  We didn’t pick the him 2nd overall just to give up on him in barely a year that’s silly.  Last year we saw a lot of rookie mistakes but we also saw some good things too. Keep in mind last year he basically has Moore and Carter as weapons that’s it.  This year we added Wilson, Hall, and upgraded the TE position. Gotta see what we have in the kid