The Start Mike White Thread

clayton163v

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

So if he throws five INT’s and pulled from the game every week we go to the playoffs?  That is a really strange take.    good for you I guess.  

Mike White gets plenty of respect from me.  A quality 5 year, 3rd string QB.  Sticking around this league, even third string isn’t easy. With his limited skill set it’s actually pretty impressive.  

??? lol

I didn't say lets play Buffalo every week. i said I'd take mike white that played buffalo last year every week. It's a subtle difference but an important one. The mike white that played that game did remarkably well against a very tough defense, finding more success than all but two first ballot hall of famer qbs. - i.e. if he went against other teams that are not as good on def (all other teams in the league) we would be winning most of those games! Its not a guess or some fandom talking look at what he did to the Bengals and you can't tell he doesnt beat the Colts if he played that whole game!

Look Mike White is not some Hall of Fame QB but he can play the position - better than flacco btw  and that is because he can run the system and use the playmakers in it.

it may seem strange because you didn't read or understand the post. 

No you do not show Mike White

14 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

??? lol

I didn't say lets play Buffalo every week. i said I'd take mike white that played buffalo last year every week. It's a subtle difference but an important one. The mike white that played that game did remarkably well against a very tough defense, finding more success than all but two first ballot hall of famer qbs. - i.e. if he went against other teams that are not as good on def (all other teams in the league) we would be winning most of those games! Its not a guess or some fandom talking look at what he did to the Bengals and you can't tell he doesnt beat the Colts if he played that whole game!

Look Mike White is not some Hall of Fame QB but he can play the position - better than flacco btw  and that is because he can run the system and use the playmakers in it.

This is incorrect. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

??? lol

Mike White is a 5th year, career 3rd string QB.  Nothing more.  

he was responsible for over 20% of the Bills int’s last year.  They had 19 total.  Are you suggesting if he throws 20% of each teams total int’s each week they go to the playoffs?

Jets were  down 37- 3 in the 4th   I swear it’s like some of you don’t actually watch the games and just read stats afterward to determine performance   This was an all time bad QB performance.  he literally had to be pulled from the game   Insane that you’re using that game to justify Mike White as a good QB   

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Mike White is a 5th year, career 3rd string QB.  Nothing more.  

he was responsible for over 20% of the Bills int’s last year.  They had 19 total.  Are you suggesting if he throws 20% of each teams total int’s each week they go to the playoffs?

Jets were  down 37- 3 in the 4th   I swear it’s like some of you don’t actually watch the games and just read stats afterward to determine performance   This was an all time bad QB performance.  he literally had to be pulled from the game   Insane that you’re using that game to justify Mike White as a good QB   

im not sure there is any other way to say that mike white played well even against toughest d in the league - and him playing lesser team woudl win most games …wait i just did it again, i guess there was a way to say it again...in the same thread...three times in a row...

its not insane you just cant comprehend the point...despite it being explained to you over and over again. Its ok though not a big deal.

6 hours ago, ZachEY said:

Look - I'm not reading your novella, but the reason you can't start Mike White is because if he has another Bengals game, you create a QB controversy that the team absolutely does not want.  Flacco, they can yank for Wilson the moment there is even a hint of a reason to do so.

While you are correct, this is quite possibly the dumbest, most Jetsy thing possible.

Keep White from playing great to protect Zach (who plays awful).

Mike White is checkdown charlie. the whole league knows that. all you have to do to beat him is take away the short pass cause he cant or wont throw it over their heads. and im sorry to say but you cant win if you cant throw it deep. the short passes wont work.

if you want to try to win some games Flacco is our best chance. and i dont want to throw away another season because some fans need to see if White is our future. we cant give the ball to Zach and be 0-4. the season is over then.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

While you are correct, this is quite possibly the dumbest, most Jetsy thing possible.

Do you honestly believe that?

That Mike White is a better QB than Flacco and the only reason they're not playing him is because they're worried he'll outshine Zach. 

What's more likely?

1) Flacco is a better QB than a 5th year, 3rd string QB, Mike White?

or 

2) The Jets believe White is better but have him as 3rd on the depth chart because they don't want him to outshine their starter?

Seriously, not judging here, just truly curious if you believe that.

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, pointman said:

2023, potentially Mike White's last year in the league.

I don’t know. While 2022 should probably be his last year, he feels like one of those guys who’s going to always stick around. In 10 years we will be saying “how on earth did he stick around the NFL for so long and make as much money as he did!”

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Do you honestly believe that?

That Mike White is a better QB than Flacco and the only reason they're not playing him is because they're worried he'll outshine Zach. 

What's more likely?

1) Flacco is a better QB than a 5th year, 3rd string QB, Mike White?

or 

2) The Jets believe White is better but have him as 3rd on the depth chart because they don't want him to outshine their starter?

Seriously, not judging here, just truly curious if you believe that.

Sure, yes, I believe it. Why not? Got nothing better to do.

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Since Sanchez, we've never brought in anyone who could usurp the current Boy King.  We've only employed QBs to serve the role of Football Dad.

16 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Here is what I actually believe, last year 4 Jets quarterbacks ran this offense.

Three of them were back ups and looked fantastic.

One of them was our rookie and he looked awful.

This concerns me.

Okay, I tried to explain this in a previous thread.  But here's what really happened.

Zach Wilson - 3 and 9 (33%)

Rest of starters - 1 and 3 (33%)

Winning games matter - And it matters on how stats are affected.

Josh Johnson - was down something like 40 points before he started doing anything.  If you watched that game Josh Johnson was absolutely awful early in that game.  It's another situation where if you watched the game and are being fair you know what really happened.

Mike White - Cincy - Yes, we get it

Mike White - Buffalo - an all time bad QB performance

Flacco game - Flacco made very little attempt to win that game.  He took the dump offs, barely threw down field and looked like a guy trying too play out the clock.  Watch the game again, he was taking dump offs on 3rd and long.  Not really giving them a chance for 1st downs - but racking up yards and receptions.

So look, I get what you're saying and not fully disagreeing with you - but there's more context to it.

Zach was certainly all over the place the first part of the season.   When you look at ZW, he was a 21 year old kid from a relatively small school, asked to play on a team with little talent early..and was clearly overwhelmed early..  He was bad 7 of his first 8 of his NFL career..and then settled in, looked far more in control of the offense - fixed his major issues, but unfortunately injuries mounted and we really couldn't get a full sense of his real growth.

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Okay, I tried to explain this in a previous thread.  But here's what really happened.

Zach Wilson - 3 and 9 (33%)

Rest of starters - 1 and 3 (33%)

Winning games matter - And it matters on how stats are affected.

Josh Johnson - was down something like 40 points before he started doing anything.  If you watched that game Josh Johnson was absolutely awful early in that game.  It's another situation where if you watched the game and are being fair you know what really happened.

Mike White - Cincy - Yes, we get it

Mike White - Buffalo - an all time bad QB performance

Flacco game - Flacco made very little attempt to win that game.  He took the dump offs, barely threw down field and looked like a guy trying too play out the clock.  Watch the game again, he was taking dump offs on 3rd and long.  Not really giving them a chance for 1st downs - but racking up yards and receptions.

So look, I get what you're saying and not fully disagreeing with you - but there's more context to it.

Zach was certainly all over the place the first part of the season.   When you look at ZW, he was a 21 year old kid from a relatively small school, asked to play on a team with little talent early..and was clearly overwhelmed early..  He was bad 7 of his first 8 of his NFL career..and then settled in, looked far more in control of the offense - fixed his major issues, but unfortunately injuries mounted and we really couldn't get a full sense of his real growth.

Hahaha, wins isn’t a relevant measure for the aptitude and ability of a QB to run the offense. You are deflecting.

It’s made even more absurd when you’re talking about a 4-win team. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Season 3 What GIF by On My Block

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, ZachStepdad said:

I never seen mike white complete a pass longer than 30 yards in air yet ?

Zach Wilson’s intended air yards per pass attempt last season:  7.6.  T-18th in the league with the likes of Taylor Heinicke and Carson Wentz and barely ahead of Jimmy G (7.5).  His completed air yards per pass attempt was an abysmal 3.3 (27th).

Maybe settle down with the deep ball criticism of other QBs on the roster when our young gunslinger struggles to complete passes of any depth.  

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

great! he played great relative to every one else to goes against them. if we get mike white buffalo last year in every game this year we go to the playoff man. no controversy. mike white gets no respect its crazy.

One day we will have a quarterback on the roster that we won't have fans clamoring for someone of the talent level of Mike F'n White to take over the team.

• Post of the Week 1

13 hours ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

I don’t know. While 2022 should probably be his last year, he feels like one of those guys who’s going to always stick around. In 10 years we will be saying “how on earth did he stick around the NFL for so long and make as much money as he did!”

Nah. He's no Geno Smith or Colt McCoy.

18 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

??? lol

leonardo dicaprio bravo GIF

• Upvote 1

As promised, I will not troll the board - unlike some.  But with the latest - Dr. Brown soda lacks fizz - it is even more apparent that it is time to join the Mike White bandwagon.  Do we really want a rookie OT having to defend a spot that does not move?  Lets hoist a few brews and raise the jolly roger.  It may end badly but all will have a good time.  All aboard.

I offer this sole retort to those who complain about the obvious "ready right now" Mike White.

In three starts he put up 81 of the Jets 310 points.  That ain't "potential".  That is "production".  White went 68-100 for 751 passing yds.  That was 751 of the Jets 3,900 passing yards all season long.  Again, this was just his portion of the three starts - he missed most of the Indy game too or the stats would be far better.  The running game fed off Mike's infectious play.  It was fun too.   

He deserves the start.

• Upvote 1