The Start Mike White Thread

clayton163v

21 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Zach Wilson’s intended air yards per pass attempt last season:  7.6.  T-18th in the league with the likes of Taylor Heinicke and Carson Wentz and barely ahead of Jimmy G (7.5).  His completed air yards per pass attempt was an abysmal 3.3 (27th).

Maybe settle down with the deep ball criticism of other QBs on the roster when our young gunslinger struggles to complete passes of any depth.  

Did you not see the deep passes Zach did on the titans last year? Idc about the statistics , we literally seen Zach do it last year. We never seen mike white complete an in air pass of at least 30 yards . 25 yards is even questionable ?

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, ZachStepdad said:

Did you not see the deep passes Zach did on the titans last year? Idc about the statistics , we literally seen Zach do it last year. We never seen mike white complete an in air pass of at least 30 yards . 25 yards is even questionable ?

You’re beating your chest quite a bit over a # 2 overall pick who can’t complete simple throws, stay healthy, and may not even have the mental toughness to play the game.  

He has a big arm.  Big f**kin deal.  So did JaMarcus Russell.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You’re beating your chest quite a bit over a # 2 overall pick who can’t complete simple throws, stay healthy, and may not even have the mental toughness to play the game.  

He has a big arm.  Big f**kin deal.  So did JaMarcus Russell.

You guys can continue to repeat your agenda driven non-sense, but the more you do the more credibility you lose.  Zach surely had a tough 7 of his first games as a pro.  21 year old, small school kid, coming into a new offense, rookie HC, rookie OC - limited talented and struggled.  No one is arguing that..  But he settled and began to solve the his biggest problems.  

You can regurgitate your talking points all you want - it's not going to make them true.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

You guys can continue to repeat your agenda driven non-sense, but the more you do the more credibility you lose.  Zach surely had a tough 7 of his first games as a pro.  21 year old, small school kid, coming into a new offense, rookie HC, rookie OC - limited talented and struggled.  No one is arguing that..  But he settled and began to solve the his biggest problems.  

You can regurgitate your talking points all you want - it's not going to make them true.

Seriously?  That’s your argument?

6 passes vs a Bucs team that sleepwalked  into the game

the 1st pass from the cutup wasn’t even accurate.  It was behind the WR, who had to adjust.

In 4th Q “playmaker” (BS’s words) time, what did Wilson do, anything?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Seriously?  That’s your argument?

6 passes vs a Bucs team that sleepwalked  into the game

the 1st pass from the cutup wasn’t even accurate.  It was behind the WR, who had to adjust.

In 4th Q “playmaker” (BS’s words) time, what did Wilson do, anything?

What I’ve learned here today

Cincy was rolling when MW beat them.  when they went on to lose 4 of 6
TB was sleepwalking while ZW was playing with Berrios and no one else at WR

White should get a chance to play esp if Zach is out for 4 weeks. This is his second year playing in this system and 5th year in the NFL. I don’t see Flacco or Zach going 4 straight games without some type of issue either bad play or injury. I think if Zach ineffective they will pull him faster esp if another Qb is playing well. White just has to play well. 

On 9/8/2022 at 1:17 PM, clayton163v said:

Fellas, sooner or later you will get onboard the train.  All Aboard.

I just wanted to chime in my support for starting Mike White for the four game stretch.  This is not a dump Zach Wilson thread.  Zach was born with the thunderbolt and we have to try to make it work.   He is our #1.  Further, I realize the Jets are too chicken.  So I will not troll the board.  Nevertheless, I argue we should do this for four reasons plus Zach can learn a few things while he sits.   

First, I think Mike White gives us a better chance to win the majority of those games.  White adds a powerful screen and play action element to the Jets offense that Flacco does not.  Flacco must hit downfield passes early or we will get whupped.  He is a statute back there.  Mike White eats clock and moves the chains.  This is not cheerleading.  It is obvious that Mike is more elusive and adept at run substitutes like screens, draws and the play action fake than either Zach or Flacco.   

Second, it will allow us to find out whether or not White is a viable long term backup.  We do need to find this out.  It's both good management of our scarce resources (players) and good business (cap money).  If White comes off the bench later this year and does it again we will lose him.  And I WARN the board, White showed signs of that magic in the preseason.  I watched those games a second time.  It was not just the Strev (I loved it but the chaos play does not work in the NFL).   We need to find out if White is the guy and this is a perfect opportunity.   He has such a clean game.   

Third, it will permit our injured #1 - Zach is our #1 - to watch and learn:

A.   How to handle a football in the backfield - exactly the same every single time.  With Zach, every snap is different.  He has got to clean this up and not just when he throws.  Taking the ball under center is part of the game.  Being good at it, an advantage.  

B.   That the secret to White's screen game lies in his footwork.    Zach has the worst screen pass footwork I have ever seen.  Footwork can be coached. 

C.   The play action fake is not something that is called by the coaching staff.  It is the weapon that is available at all times to QBs who handle the ball properly and use proper footwork (see A & B above).  You cannot fool them any other way.  There is a how. 

D.   That you must set your feet in the pocket before you throw.  There is a reason the pitching rubber in baseball is sideways.  It is how you set your back foot.  In the pocket you must step forward into the direction you are throwing.  The flat foot stuff from the pocket must go.  He has got to clean up the footwork.  This does not mean we must tame him.  He throws great on the run.  But it is no excuse for bad form in the pocket.  White's form is virtually flawless.  He has had success with it too.  Zach can learn from him.

Fourth, IT WILL BE FUN.  A ROLLICKING RIDE WITH AN UNCERTAIN DESTINATION.  I feel like Flacco will lead us to a dignified 0-4 record.  White scares people.  White inspires people.  Instead of the Dropkick Murphys we play a dark march.   C'mon.  Let's make some noise. 

I am sour about it because this is just work and repetition.  Perspiration.  Effort.   Watching yourself on film while a coach works with you until you develop consistent technique.   Zack must master this sh*t and it is NOT TOO MUCH TO ASK.   Sam Darnold lived in the shotgun and we all saw it.  Why did he not progress?  Is it going to happen again?  Geno and Sanchez came into the league with better skills.  Chad and Klecko should be our QB coaches.  Chad can teach and Joe can administer discipline. 

Mike White brings the storm.  He has a disciplined screen game that complements our zone scheme.  He has the best ballhandling in the backfield since Chad.  He is a master of the play action fake (you know a guy is good when he fools you and the cameraman).  Best of all, he brings enough to the table that he adds to what the rest of the team offers.  As Bill Parcells used to put it, he drives the bus.  And he is fun.  Moreover, he has convinced me that he has worked his ass off.  I can see the polish.  I can see the effort.  

I fear Zack is hurt worse than the Jets are letting on.  Lets play Mike White.  So it will not be this week.  How about next week?  How about halftime?   Release the 1377753763_giphy(46).gif.24d18c52a07390cd6e42d3c79592f530.gifKracken.  

• 2 months later...

Is there anybody who disagrees with the opening post?

Yes, it called for us to start Mike White instead of Flacco.   

I am so sick of an offense that is not respected at all.  Furthermore, there was body language from our wide receivers today that was absolutely toxic.  Coach Saleh is a man, not Albus Dumbledore.  We will lose control of the team.

We have a championship defense.  Yes, we have a ton of injuries on offense.  But the bad throws are being made flatfooted.  The pass that made Mims whine was thrown while Zach skipped sideways.  Skipped.  WTF.  Shaq could not have caught it.

What do you think?

Just now, gandolfthewhite said:

White can't be any worse and at least has balls and spunk. How about Streveler.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

The Strv might be good or he might not.  But he is not an ideal system QB.  Mike White is perfect for what LaFleur wants to do. 

I know this.  It is not fair to the other players who came prepared to play this season to just do nothing.

On 9/8/2022 at 1:26 PM, Jetluv58 said:

I wish they would have cut him or traded him. The thought of hearing about him all year again is depressing. Would be far more excited by Streveler. 

Blame Zach and his -21 yards passing in the second half, against a mediocre Pats team we are better than everywhere other than QB.