Bills VS Rams

faba

This was a play I saw from Allen in college that made me think he had a chance because of how tough he is. He throws a pick and then knocks the living crap out of the defender to stop the pick 6. He's absolutely fearless but he isn't careless (most of the time) which is a very fine line. Your teammates will aways gravitate to you when they see you play that tough. 

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

I was alive for SBIII. And right now, as a man in my 60s, I will be happy with just one more.

But even so, are you suggesting the Rams won’t win one for another 54 years because they gave up a ton of picks recently?

I mean they don't have a 1st round pick for several more years so they're definitely not going to be good for a while if they stumble this year....

Just saying:  It's not an either/or premise.  You don't have to completely mortgage the future to win a SB.  

9 minutes ago, maury77 said:

This was a play I saw from Allen in college that made me think he had a chance because of how tough he is. He throws a pick and then knocks the living crap out of the defender to stop the pick 6. He's absolutely fearless but he isn't careless (most of the time) which is a very fine line. Your teammates will aways gravitate to you when they see you play that tough. 

This is why I disagree with all the.. very intelligent people who are like "Allen" wouldn't even be good here. He's a gamer. He lives for it. He just finds a way.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

These studio shows are unwatchable. Steve Smith is an ass.  Why does every show have to be live with idiot fans in the background waving and yelling. And why does everybody has to yell to make their points.  I am not built for this "look at me" world we live in now.

Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

don’t feel bad… I do it too. ?

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

This is why I disagree with all the.. very intelligent people who are like "Allen" wouldn't even be good here. He's a gamer. He lives for it. He just finds a way.

It’s a self-soothing salve for sucking — “no matter who we drafted, it wouldn’t have mattered anyway.”

698B4168-B9D6-4333-BEC0-9E8CA3081194.jpeg.871932e36b1e2e72859eb85908833bbb.jpeg

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

At least we have that win. How would it have been better if Lamonica doesn't throw a lateral late in the AFL title game and the Jets lost 30-27 and have 0 titles??????  

Lamonica was an assassin. Those games with the Raiders, the Chargers with Alworth and Hadl, Dawson and the Chiefs broke my heart the next season… Cookie Gilchrist and the Bills… the AFC was so cool back in the day. 
I remember Mty grandfather and my dad trying to get me to watch the Giants and YA Tittle or Norm Snead(?) with them and I was “no thanks”.

8 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

I’m sure you would have been in full support of Allen after his first two years lol 

That thing about him sucking his first two years is a fallacy Jet fans love to hold on to. He flashed from the beginning. Super raw, but the arm strength was undeniable. How many TDs and yards did he get with his legs?

By Thanksgiving Day his second year he was a stud. He went into Dallas and almost beat them single handed. Then he just took off from there. When the Bills gots Diggs there was no stopping him.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

I’m sure you would have been in full support of Allen after his first two years lol 

I’m older than 4 years old so you can check for yourself what I said about Allen during his first 2 years. You might be surprised. 

1 hour ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

These studio shows are unwatchable. Steve Smith is an ass.  Why does every show have to be live with idiot fans in the background waving and yelling. And why does everybody has to yell to make their points.  I am not built for this "look at me" world we live in now.

I agree - plus watching Smith debate Fonzi was the low point

0A7B0A99-B535-4EC8-982F-C7272F8CB016.webp

7 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

THe only problem I have with this tweet is that Josh Allen would have been retired due to injury already if he were a jet.

The Jets development plan for rookie Josh Allen:

1. Hand him an iPad with an extremely sophisticated playbook that, only once, produced a top ten offense (in 1984, with Dan Marino running it), and has been useless everywhere since.

2. When he struggles in camp with the terminology, take the iPad and randomly remove 30% of the plays on it, which coincidentally were the plays he liked.

3. When Allen struggles in preseason, have the offensive coordinator plant a blind item in a Manish column about how Josh Allen has “sh*t for brains” and “nobody likes him” and “Wyoming isn’t even a real state; it’s more like a rural territory.”

4. Start speaking slower and louder in the three-hours long classroom sessions. Stop several times to exclaim “McCown? You get what I’m saying, right?”

5. When Josh Allen struggles in game action, give him a wristband with the colors “Red, yellow, and green” on it. Tell him that when he’s in “green mode” he should play good or else McCown is coming in.

6. At midway point, place Allen on IR with “Zika,” but don’t tell Allen that you’re putting him on IR with Zika so he can do some improv stuff in a reporter’s scrum when they tell him he allegedly has Zika.

• Haha 2