Mike & Mad Dog on Jets

WowOhWow

1 hour ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Payton 2023 

That’s a nice dream and all

But I don’t buy for a millisecond that the Johnson’s would dish out $10+ million a year for Payton on top of paying Saleh’s remaining salary to go be the DC for the Lions.

If the Jets kick Saleh out the door, then say hello to another “up and coming” coordinator with zero head coaching experience taking the reigns.

• Upvote 1

But I don’t buy for a millisecond that the Johnson’s would dish out $10+ million a year for Payton on top of paying Saleh’s remaining salary to go be the DC for the Lions.
If the Jets kick Saleh out the door, then say hello to another “up and coming” coordinator with zero head coaching experience taking the reigns.

Its been a downward spiral for the Johnsons since they took over. Maybe they will be the Fords and double down on stupidity - but you gotta hope at some point they bring in a proven football mind.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Its been a downward spiral for the Johnsons since they took over. Maybe they will be the Fords and double down on stupidity - but you gotta hope at some point they bring in a proven football mind.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I was hoping they would bring in a proven football mind after they canned Rex…and then after they canned Bowles…

The best they could end up mustering was Adam Gase…

Many laughed when I banged the drum for Mike Shanahan during those searching periods. Obviously that time has now passed. But I can damn near guarantee that Darnold would’ve at least settled in as a respectable, Top 20 QB if he was tutored by Shanny instead of total dickbrains like Bowles and Gase. And that still would’ve made him the best, sustained QB this fanbase has witnessed since the O’Brien era.

3 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

just so crazy it might work

Not too many times in life you have the opportunity to prevent disaster before it happens when Sean Payton said the word "jets" while sitting in airport looking out a window while a beat writers sisters sorority sisters brothers cousin aunts booty call was walking by and over heard him talking.

• Haha 1

Leon Hess did the same thing as the Johnsons until he realized he wanted to sell the team.  Then he brought in Parcells.  The Johnsons did what it took to sell the PSLs.  After that, short cuts. 

Even if we liked Saleh, if the Jets could get Payton they should go for it and send the current guys on their way.  They will make up for it in franchise value. 

8 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

BTW, now coaching matters?  I’ve been saying this for YEARS around here and people respond with some version of the word weapons that contains a Z.

Coachez

8 hours ago, Untouchable said:

If the Cowboys don’t make playoffs or — perhaps win playoff game(s) — there is no way Woody will defeat Jerry in a checkbook showdown for Sean Payton.

7 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

just so crazy it might work

Fire all. Bring in local high school coaching staff. Sell movie rights to Disney. Profit.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jgb said:

Coachez

If the Cowboys don’t make playoffs or — perhaps win playoff game(s) — there is no way Woody will defeat Jerry in a checkbook showdown for Sean Payton.

Fire all. Bring in local high school coaching staff. Sell movie rights to Disney. Profit.

Nothing to do with the checkbook, IMO. Both guys can make Payton the highest paid coach in NFL history.

it has to do with the franchises - Payton’s not coming here if the Dallas job is open because they are the cowboys and we are the Jets. 

14 hours ago, WowOhWow said:

The fellas were discussing the Jets today on Mike's podcast. Francesa gushing about the Jets upgrade in talent. Loves what JD has done. Says they have young talent all over the place and if they get any semblance of QB play and coaching this year they will surprise. 

He was very concerned about Salah and staff.  Said the game planning has been comical. That he's shown himself to be a very "immature" coach.

I don't disagree. I've stated my deep concerns about our DC and I'm starting to get a bad feeling about Salah.

Coaching is such a huge differentiator in the NFL.  I'm concerned our guy might not have it.

Saleh has shown nothing to make me feel confident.  His defenses have been atrocious.  He is continually dishonest with the press.  He's not getting better at any of this it seems.  

Roto is predicting he'll be gone after the season due to the huge number of blowouts against the Jets that they expect.

Lets see if Saleh brings a competitive team on Sunday or the same ol'.