Wake Up!!! Saleh Didn't Lie!!....... WOW!!

3 hours ago, JiFapono said:

OMG everything would so different in Jets land if only the people in charge said the things and the words to the media people that inspire confidence in the fan base and makes them feel better about themselves! 

If he was an idiot savant like Belicheck and could actually coach and come up with detailed game plans every week to exploit the weak links of the opposition I would  happily except him being an idiot.  I have yet to see any evidence that Saleh is a savant. 

• Post of the Week 1

59 minutes ago, Biggs said:

If he was an idiot savant like Belicheck and could actually coach and come up with detailed game plans every week to exploit the weak links of the opposition I would  happily except him being an idiot.  I have yet to see any evidence that Saleh is a savant. 

Meme Reaction GIF

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

Jeez, stress?

We might need to be careful, and keep him out till Week 8 then.

Stress is a killer, after all.

I think you’re overreacting to what I wrote.  It put Zach in a bad spot and only increased the scrutiny he was already under.  I mean just read some of the comments that were made about Zach here.

Why put an expectation out there that he might be ready only to have people pointing misguided fingers when he clearly wasn’t.

imo, might have been better to simply continue the company line that Zach will play when he is physically and mentally in game shape.

43 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

I think you’re overreacting to what I wrote.

No my friend, I posted a knowingly tongue-in-cheek sarcastic reply to what you wrote. 

Not a single word of that post was serious in any way.

It put Zach in a bad spot and only increased the scrutiny he was already under.

Tough titty said the kitty.

I mean just read some of the comments that were made about Zach here.

Zach doesn't read JN.

And if he does, he should be cut from the team, immediately.

Why put an expectation out there that he might be ready only to have people pointing misguided fingers when he clearly wasn’t.

We don't know, we can only speculate.

imo, might have been better to simply continue the company line that Zach will play when he is physically and mentally in game shape.

Something made Saleh say what he said, again, we likely will never know.

But whatever it was, it clearly changed the day the "till Week 4 at the earliest" was announced.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

As much as I can't stand Belichick, he teaches his players to say nothing when they win and say even less when they don't.

Bob Saleh has been all talk since day 1.

Purveyor of snake oil.

And that does what exactly? 
Wins and losses are a product of a HC’s PC.

His players say no ,ore than what Pats players say.  Have said far less than players for the Steelers, Dolphins and any other team you want to name.  

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

And that does what exactly? 
Wins and losses are a product of a HC’s PC.

His players say no ,ore than what Pats players say.  Have said far less than players for the Steelers, Dolphins and any other team you want to name.  

Point is:

Stop blathering.  Stop making promises you can’t keep.

Start winning. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Point is:

Stop blathering.  Stop making promises you can’t keep.

Start winning. 

What part was a promise?  When he said ZW worked out? That if he didn’t have a problems he could play?  That he would have to practice?  Not have any setbacks?  Which one of those conditions made you come out believing it was promised anywhere?

On 9/8/2022 at 7:45 PM, Charlie Brown said:

I have seen all kinds of hypotheticals on why Saleh said that Zach Wilson said he would be ready to play potentially Game 1 when he wasn't READY  Why Why Why!

Well, it is obvious to me at least:.

Watch again:

Did you see it???????

Saleh was clearly disappointed and down  in this Press Conference but not because he was having to admit a lie but because Zach wasn't willing to play through the pain  and discomfort despite them saying he had to be 100%

Saleh honestly thought he was going to be able to put social pressure on Zach Wilson to play by making public statements that he could play and it didn't work!

Zach Wilson basically said through his words and actions I'm not risking my health until I'm ready, hence Saleh's new and recent statements about not putting Zach in until the Steelers game.

So no, be mad at Saleh because he tried something patently stupid from a 1040's football movie .... but not because he lied.

Let's Go Jets!!

OMG!

This is so ridiculous.  Surprised by you @Charlie Brown - you're usually one of the more rational posters on this board.

First, ZW literally said - if it was up to him he would be playing (it's in the actually interview) 

Second, the only person on this board that actually has inside sources and part of the organization @football guy was very clear that this was an organizational call and Zach had no input.  He even went on to mention Zach is being a team player by not pushing and then if he doesn't get in soon he'll start to get frustrated.

Please all, stop with the relentless attacks - based on nothing or just factually incorrect.  Attack Zach for his performance, great.  But please stop just making sh*t up.  Especially please stop creating new thread to attack Wilson with made up sh*t. 

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

OMG!

This is so ridiculous.  Surprised by you @Charlie Brown - you're usually one of the more rational posters on this board.

First, ZW literally said - if it was up to him he would be playing (it's in the actually interview) 

Second, the only person on this board that actually has inside sources and part of the organization @football guy was very clear that this was an organizational call and Zach had no input.  He even went on to mention Zach is being a team player by not pushing and then if he doesn't get in soon he'll start to get frustrated.

Please all, stop with the relentless attacks - based on nothing or just factually incorrect.  Attack Zach for his performance, great.  But please stop just making sh*t up.  Especially please stop creating new thread to attack Wilson with made up sh*t. 

What attack on Wilson!! Ease up Pilgrim!

All said was the coach was hoping that he could spur Zach to play. 

I just feel that my take is a much more reasonable take than others that have been posited out here such as  (a) gamesmanship, yea the Ravens are just shaking in their boots over Flacco and Wilson (not likely to me), (b) Saleh is totally clueless about his QBs medical condition (really his whole HC career is on the line) or (c) Saleh started just lying for no possible good reason (ummm if he is doing this he should be fired IMMEDIATELY)

Indeed, my track record on QBs is clear, I believe that any QB drafted should be surrounded by good talent and should get a minimum of three years before a real essentially final evaluation should be given on a young QB, and that includes and is NOT limited to Zach Wilson.

Saying that the coach wants a player to do something and the player not wanting to do said thing is hardly an attack....

Woweeee Lets Go Jets!

1 hour ago, Charlie Brown said:

What attack on Wilson!! Ease up Pilgrim!

All said was the coach was hoping that he could spur Zach to play. 

I just feel that my take is a much more reasonable take than others that have been posited out here such as  (a) gamesmanship, yea the Ravens are just shaking in their boots over Flacco and Wilson (not likely to me), (b) Saleh is totally clueless about his QBs medical condition (really his whole HC career is on the line) or (c) Saleh started just lying for no possible good reason (ummm if he is doing this he should be fired IMMEDIATELY)

Indeed, my track record on QBs is clear, I believe that any QB drafted should be surrounded by good talent and should get a minimum of three years before a real essentially final evaluation should be given on a young QB, and that includes and is NOT limited to Zach Wilson.

Saying that the coach wants a player to do something and the player not wanting to do said thing is hardly an attack....

Woweeee Lets Go Jets!

Okay, maybe I over reacted a bit :-) 

I guess my point is, what you're saying has been proven to be wrong and there's nothing to support it.  Zach wants to play (he said it himself) He even said if it was up to him he would play. In fairness to me though, saying a football player is refusing to play, even though he's healthy enough to do so - is surely an attack on that player.  

This is the organization taking it very carefully with Zach.  Overly careful (I suspect the OL has something to do with it)  When all's said and done I don't think it's any one of Saleh, or Wilson or Douglas or the Doctors...just overall there seems to be a lack or communication between all of them.  I agree, I highly doubt it was gamesmanship and almost certain it wasn't Zach refusing to play.  

Ultimately just bad communication - sign of a disorganized franchise.  Ultimately, IMO if I had to point at one person, it doesn't bode well for Douglas.

On 9/8/2022 at 7:45 PM, Charlie Brown said:

I have seen all kinds of hypotheticals on why Saleh said that Zach Wilson said he would be ready to play potentially Game 1 when he wasn't READY  Why Why Why!

Well, it is obvious to me at least:.

Watch again:

Did you see it???????

Saleh was clearly disappointed and down  in this Press Conference but not because he was having to admit a lie but because Zach wasn't willing to play through the pain  and discomfort despite them saying he had to be 100%

Saleh honestly thought he was going to be able to put social pressure on Zach Wilson to play by making public statements that he could play and it didn't work!

Zach Wilson basically said through his words and actions I'm not risking my health until I'm ready, hence Saleh's new and recent statements about not putting Zach in until the Steelers game.

So no, be mad at Saleh because he tried something patently stupid from a 1040's football movie .... but not because he lied.

Let's Go Jets!!

I think Zach likes that golf cart. Heard they are MILF magnets. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I guess my point is, what you're saying has been proven to be wrong and there's nothing to support it.  Zach wants to play (he said it himself) He even said if it was up to him he would play. In fairness to me though, saying a football player is refusing to play, even though he's healthy enough to do so - is surely an attack on that player.  

This is the organization taking it very carefully with Zach.  Overly careful (I suspect the OL has something to do with it)  When all's said and done I don't think it's any one of Saleh, or Wilson or Douglas or the Doctors...just overall there seems to be a lack or communication between all of them.  I agree, I highly doubt it was gamesmanship and almost certain it wasn't Zach refusing to play.  

Ultimately just bad communication - sign of a disorganized franchise.  Ultimately, IMO if I had to point at one person, it doesn't bode well for Douglas.

If what you postulate is true, then JD is at fault.  I posted somewhere (can not remember where actually, sigh) that he should have established a communication policy about injuries, etc. and that if he didn't he is not as smart as we give him credit for...  AS for the HC, ZW, wtc.  in my book this is the year they need to prove they belong... We shall see starting tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

To be perfectly honest, we don't  know it's true just because Zach said it to the media. Saying if it was up to me, I would play is exactly what every injured player has ever said. It shouldn't surprise anyone that Zach is saying this no matter what the situation is. 

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

To be perfectly honest, we don't  know it's true just because Zach said it to the media. Saying if it was up to me, I would play is exactly what every injured player has ever said. It shouldn't surprise anyone that Zach is saying this no matter what the situation is. 

Well, I'm actually going by what Football Guy said.  He's consistently been accurate, with legitimate sources inside.  I specifically asked him this question - and got that answer.

So sure, Zach could be lying, Saleh could be lying and football guy could be lying - but it doesn't seem to be the case.   Frankly, nothing we've seen from Zach tells me he's that type of kid.  he kept going out there last year surrounded by 2nd, 3rd and 4th stringers at virtually every poison.  No complaints, always took responsibility...

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Well, I'm actually going by what Football Guy said.  He's consistently been accurate, with legitimate sources inside.  I specifically asked him this question - and got that answer.

So sure, Zach could be lying, Saleh could be lying and football guy could be lying - but it doesn't seem to be the case.   Frankly, nothing we've seen from Zach tells me he's that type of kid.  he kept going out there last year surrounded by 2nd, 3rd and 4th stringers at virtually every poison.  No complaints, always took responsibility...

Just saying that what he said is about as close to the company line as you get

13 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

An insider tows the company line or he becomes an outsider.   

On 9/8/2022 at 8:21 PM, IntoTheGreen said:

I'm not sure if anyone has made this point, but do you think it could also be gamesmanship? Don't we want Baltimore to keep guessing who they'll face? I would've kept it a secret till game day and every other week until Zach played. Bellicheat does this sh*t all the time and no one gets their panties in a tivy.

This makes sense to me.  No reason to let the Ravens know which QB to prepare for.