Mike White Sucks — Crowd, Take Note Tonight

Smashmouth

4 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I think you know already.

It's that you shouldn't write off a QB as hopeless just because he had a subpar game vs the Bills D.

"Subpar"

BTW what are the chances this year's bills team is better than last year's.  

16 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

What point are you making again?

I would understand  you not seeing the point since you were not in on the "Mike White Sucks because he played bad vs the Buffalo Bills" debate but 4  of those clowns were and they still don't get it. This was about Jets fans claiming Mike White Sucks. My argument was every QB sucks vs the Bills and of all 17 games last year I think 1 QB actually played good against them but I guess The Jets QB"s and Mike White should be held to a higher standard. I should have been more descriptive in my OP but I figured the guys claiming Mike White Sucks would have seen what was going on and this is who I directed the post at.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I would understand  you not seeing the point since you were not in on the "Mike White Sucks because he played bad vs the Buffalo Bills" debate but 4  of those clowns were and they still don't get it. This was about Jets fans claiming Mike White Sucks. My argument was every QB sucks vs the Bills and of all 17 games last year I think 1 QB actually played good against them but I guess The Jets QB"s and Mike White should be held to a higher standard. I should have been more descriptive in my OP but I figured the guys claiming Mike White Sucks would have seen what was going on and this is who I directed the post at.

“Every qb sucked against the bills” this isn’t true at all. Sure most weren’t “good” but there’s a big difference between being complete ass like white was and someone like Big Ben throwing for 200 1 td and 0 ints. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Dreadfully stupid.  Pushed aside. 

lol

We can talk after the game on Sunday. Its always good practice to play a 37 year old QB over a 27 year old QB who has shown he can get the Job done. A 37 year old who was always bordering on mediocre other than one freakish playoff run behind and all time great defense. The same 37 year old QB with the Jets starting offense who couldn't even play well against the Giants Second team defense. I understand most of you guys love Zach to a fault but that's not a good reason to say Mike White sucks because the only QB on this entire roster up to this point in time that actually sucked was Zach Wilson . I hope he turns it around but being stupid in his absence is exactly what I would expect from this organization because they know full well if they play Mike White and he plays well that's going to add tremendous pressure to both Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh. That does not apply to Joe Flacco because everyone with a damn brain knows Joe Flacco is not a long term solution.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

? So, you are saying Mike White Sucks and you want the crowd to take note of this fact?

if you bothered to read the thread which you obviously did not you would see  that @Sperm Edwards changed the thread title so ask him to translate. 

My original thread title was..... addressed to the "Mike White Sucks Crowd" so I'm addressing the people on this forum who actually said Mike White Sucks because of the bad game vs the Bills last year . I asked them to take note of the Bills / Rams game last night and how Stafford a SB winning QB was getting destroyed by a Bills defense that routinely destroys QB's was a big reason why Mike White did not have a good game vs the Bills simply because no one does. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

Our HC said Flacco is an NFL starter.  Therefore MW will never get a start barring injury.  Case closed.  Me personally, I would give Chris Streveler a chance.   He's a gamer. 

Geez, with Brown out, LeFluer really has his work cut out for him on Sunday.   

Another case of Bob putting his foot in his mouth.  Declares Flacco “a starter in this league” and then like a week later Zach goes down and Flacco becomes the starter.

Joe better play well or Saleh’s gonna look even dumber.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

if you bothered to read the thread which you obviously did not you would see  that @Sperm Edwards changed the thread title so ask him to translate. 

My original thread title was..... addressed to the "Mike White Sucks Crowd" so I'm addressing the people on this forum who actually said Mike White Sucks because of the bad game vs the Bills last year . I asked them to take note of the Bills / Rams game last night and how Stafford a SB winning QB was getting destroyed by a Bills defense that routinely destroys QB's was a big reason why Mike White did not have a good game vs the Bills simply because no one does. 

What if I don't think Mike White sucks, but do believe that Joe Flacco is a better option while Zach is recovering from his injury and that Zach is a better option in the long run? What crowd am I in?

As to last night, that was a different Bills D line that Stafford played against. There were 3 new DT's Daquan Jones (69% of snaps); Jordan Phillips (52%); and Tim Settle (42%) and also Von Miller (52%). You cannot compare last year's Bills D to this one because the D line has been seriously upgraded.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Bet if the crowd starts calling for him if Flacco sh*ts the bed in the first half they'll listen. Honestly I'm shocked the so called tough NY media has not even mentioned White at all especially after his last pre season performance.  The Jets played faster, played with better rhythm and lit up the second quarter. But hey lets not pay any attention to that. 

Streveler.

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

We can talk after the game on Sunday. Its always good practice to play a 37 year old QB over a 27 year old QB who has shown he can get the Job done. A 37 year old who was always bordering on mediocre other than one freakish playoff run behind and all time great defense. The same 37 year old QB with the Jets starting offense who couldn't even play well against the Giants Second team defense. I understand most of you guys love Zach to a fault but that's not a good reason to say Mike White sucks because the only QB on this entire roster up to this point in time that actually sucked was Zach Wilson . I hope he turns it around but being stupid in his absence is exactly what I would expect from this organization because they know full well if they play Mike White and he plays well that's going to add tremendous pressure to both Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh. That does not apply to Joe Flacco because everyone with a damn brain knows Joe Flacco is not a long term solution.

It’s always good practice to play the better option if the starter is injured.  No matter what happens on Sunday there’s no need to revisit this.  
winning one game, ever doesn’t prove he can get it done.  No matter how many times you repeat it.  It’s a cool story of the dream you’re experiencing.  Kind of exactly the same dream we lived with Ratliff, Simms, etc.  white doesn’t become any better because you saw some backups mixed in with Giants starters.  As if White started and played the same group you just know he would have lit it up.  
This has nothing to do with ZW.  Other than you want to use him as the excuse here and you hate him so much you actually believe there’s a chance MW could start over him.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Bills destroying yet another QB but not just any QB the reigning SB winning QB. 

Look on the bright side we have Joe Flacco !!!

Knuckle Heads

If you missed it in the other thread.  All aboard:

Fellas, sooner or later you will get onboard the train.  All Aboard.

I just wanted to chime in my support for starting Mike White for the four game stretch.  This is not a dump Zach Wilson thread.  Zach was born with the thunderbolt and we have to try to make it work.   He is our #1.  Further, I realize the Jets are too chicken.  So I will not troll the board.  Nevertheless, I argue we should do this for four reasons plus Zach can learn a few things while he sits.   

First, I think Mike White gives us a better chance to win the majority of those games.  White adds a powerful screen and play action element to the Jets offense that Flacco does not.  Flacco must hit downfield passes early or we will get whupped.  He is a statute back there.  Mike White eats clock and moves the chains.  This is not cheerleading.  It is obvious that Mike is more elusive and adept at run substitutes like screens, draws and the play action fake than either Zach or Flacco.   

Second, it will allow us to find out whether or not White is a viable long term backup.  We do need to find this out.  It's both good management of our scarce resources (players) and good business (cap money).  If White comes off the bench later this year and does it again we will lose him.  And I WARN the board, White showed signs of that magic in the preseason.  I watched those games a second time.  It was not just the Strev (I loved it but the chaos play does not work in the NFL).   We need to find out if White is the guy and this is a perfect opportunity.   He has such a clean game.   

Third, it will permit our injured #1 - Zach is our #1 - to watch and learn:

A.   How to handle a football in the backfield - exactly the same every single time.  With Zach, every snap is different.  He has got to clean this up and not just when he throws.  Taking the ball under center is part of the game.  Being good at it, an advantage.  

B.   That the secret to White's screen game lies in his footwork.    Zach has the worst screen pass footwork I have ever seen.  Footwork can be coached. 

C.   The play action fake is not something that is called by the coaching staff.  It is the weapon that is available at all times to QBs who handle the ball properly and use proper footwork (see A & B above).  You cannot fool them any other way.  There is a how. 

D.   That you must set your feet in the pocket before you throw.  There is a reason the pitching rubber in baseball is sideways.  It is how you set your back foot.  In the pocket you must step forward into the direction you are throwing.  The flat foot stuff from the pocket must go.  He has got to clean up the footwork.  This does not mean we must tame him.  He throws great on the run.  But it is no excuse for bad form in the pocket.  White's form is virtually flawless.  He has had success with it too.  Zach can learn from him.

Fourth, IT WILL BE FUN.  A ROLLICKING RIDE WITH AN UNCERTAIN DESTINATION.  I feel like Flacco will lead us to a dignified 0-4 record.  White scares people.  White inspires people.  Instead of the Dropkick Murphys we play a dark march.   C'mon.  Let's make some noise. 

I am sour about it because this is just work and repetition.  Perspiration.  Effort.   Watching yourself on film while a coach works with you until you develop consistent technique.   Zack must master this sh*t and it is NOT TOO MUCH TO ASK.   Sam Darnold lived in the shotgun and we all saw it.  Why did he not progress?  Is it going to happen again?  Geno and Sanchez came into the league with better skills.  Chad and Klecko should be our QB coaches.  Chad can teach and Joe can administer discipline. 

Mike White brings the storm.  He has a disciplined screen game that complements our zone scheme.  He has the best ballhandling in the backfield since Chad.  He is a master of the play action fake (you know a guy is good when he fools you and the cameraman).  Best of all, he brings enough to the table that he adds to what the rest of the team offers.  As Bill Parcells used to put it, he drives the bus.  And he is fun.  Moreover, he has convinced me that he has worked his ass off.  I can see the polish.  I can see the effort.  

I fear Zack is hurt worse than the Jets are letting on.  Lets play Mike White.  So it will not be this week.  How about next week?  How about halftime?   Release the Kracken.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

17 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Jets get the Bengals at home in week three. The chants for Mike White are going to be picked up by satellites.

Many of the Ostrich's here are going to be amazed at just how loud the stadium can get when the fans want to make themselves clear.  "Joe must go" still echos through the alleys of Queens. 

• Upvote 1

Watched White in his preseason snaps. One thing he does very well is play action. If the idea is to run the ball and set the pass up to hope the defense sells out to the run, might be a better option than Flacco. 

Again, place the Jets should be at; who among the 3 QBs other than Wilson can run the offense most effectively. A 3 and on out offense isn't going to cut it. 

7 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

Our HC said Flacco is an NFL starter.  Therefore MW will never get a start barring injury.  Case closed.  Me personally, I would give Chris Streveler a chance.   He's a gamer. 

Geez, with Brown out, LeFluer really has his work cut out for him on Sunday.   

Didn't he also say all of the Jets QB 's are NFL Starters?

The MW Bills game was White's 3rd career start.

This was ZW's 3rd start (@DEN):

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/202109260den.htm

19/35 160 yds, 5 sacks, 4.57 Y/A

So according to the MW haters, the logical conclusion to be drawn is that MW sucks forever but ZW is the franchise savior??

Wilson and the team were shutout by Denver BTW.  It was the Broncos only shutout of the season.  No other team scored fewer than 10 pts vs them.

Hard to win a game in which you score 0 pts.

4 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

the reason why the media isnt asking for White to start is that they see what most of us do except for you and @T0mShane. Mike White sucks.

your living off the Bengals game. they had no tape on him and the last scouting report from college that i seen said he had a strong arm. so the bengals probably thought he would take some deep shots and when he didnt the never adjusted. then in a short week on Thursday night Indy didnt have enough timer to prepare or still thought White would throw deep. then Buffalo looked tat the tape and seen he doesnt throw deep so they forced him to and we know how bad that turned out.

yes Buffalo has a really good defense but the secret is out on how to beat Mike White.

and apparently the rest of the league knows this too cause nobody wanted him for what? and 5th or 6th rd pick?

and if you want to talk preseason, did you not see that nice 1st drive Flacco had that ended in the fumble? ok so he had a pick 6 but he sat all preseasons. some of you guys are acting like he played like Luke Falk. 

White did have a good Giants game but where was he for the Falcons and Eagles? he played horrible against them. if he is so good he should have lit up those 2nd and 3rd stringers he played against. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

6 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

?

• Haha 1

If you missed it in the other thread.  All aboard:
Fellas, sooner or later you will get onboard the train.  All Aboard.
I just wanted to chime in my support for starting Mike White for the four game stretch.  This is not a dump Zach Wilson thread.  Zach was born with the thunderbolt and we have to try to make it work.   He is our #1.  Further, I realize the Jets are too chicken.  So I will not troll the board.  Nevertheless, I argue we should do this for four reasons plus Zach can learn a few things while he sits.   
First, I think Mike White gives us a better chance to win the majority of those games.  White adds a powerful screen and play action element to the Jets offense that Flacco does not.  Flacco must hit downfield passes early or we will get whupped.  He is a statute back there.  Mike White eats clock and moves the chains.  This is not cheerleading.  It is obvious that Mike is more elusive and adept at run substitutes like screens, draws and the play action fake than either Zach or Flacco.   
Second, it will allow us to find out whether or not White is a viable long term backup.  We do need to find this out.  It's both good management of our scarce resources (players) and good business (cap money).  If White comes off the bench later this year and does it again we will lose him.  And I WARN the board, White showed signs of that magic in the preseason.  I watched those games a second time.  It was not just the Strev (I loved it but the chaos play does not work in the NFL).   We need to find out if White is the guy and this is a perfect opportunity.   He has such a clean game.   
Third, it will permit our injured #1 - Zach is our #1 - to watch and learn:
A.   How to handle a football in the backfield - exactly the same every single time.  With Zach, every snap is different.  He has got to clean this up and not just when he throws.  Taking the ball under center is part of the game.  Being good at it, an advantage.  
B.   That the secret to White's screen game lies in his footwork.    Zach has the worst screen pass footwork I have ever seen.  Footwork can be coached. 
C.   The play action fake is not something that is called by the coaching staff.  It is the weapon that is available at all times to QBs who handle the ball properly and use proper footwork (see A & B above).  You cannot fool them any other way.  There is a how. 
D.   That you must set your feet in the pocket before you throw.  There is a reason the pitching rubber in baseball is sideways.  It is how you set your back foot.  In the pocket you must step forward into the direction you are throwing.  The flat foot stuff from the pocket must go.  He has got to clean up the footwork.  This does not mean we must tame him.  He throws great on the run.  But it is no excuse for bad form in the pocket.  White's form is virtually flawless.  He has had success with it too.  Zach can learn from him.
Fourth, IT WILL BE FUN.  A ROLLICKING RIDE WITH AN UNCERTAIN DESTINATION.  I feel like Flacco will lead us to a dignified 0-4 record.  White scares people.  White inspires people.  Instead of the Dropkick Murphys we play a dark march.   C'mon.  Let's make some noise. 
I am sour about it because this is just work and repetition.  Perspiration.  Effort.   Watching yourself on film while a coach works with you until you develop consistent technique.   Zack must master this sh*t and it is NOT TOO MUCH TO ASK.   Sam Darnold lived in the shotgun and we all saw it.  Why did he not progress?  Is it going to happen again?  Geno and Sanchez came into the league with better skills.  Chad and Klecko should be our QB coaches.  Chad can teach and Joe can administer discipline. 
Mike White brings the storm.  He has a disciplined screen game that complements our zone scheme.  He has the best ballhandling in the backfield since Chad.  He is a master of the play action fake (you know a guy is good when he fools you and the cameraman).  Best of all, he brings enough to the table that he adds to what the rest of the team offers.  As Bill Parcells used to put it, he drives the bus.  And he is fun.  Moreover, he has convinced me that he has worked his ass off.  I can see the polish.  I can see the effort.  
I fear Zack is hurt worse than the Jets are letting on.  Lets play Mike White.  So it will not be this week.  How about next week?  How about halftime?   Release the Kracken.  
You will never convince me that Mike White is any sort of answer.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

The MW Bills game was White's 3rd career start.
This was ZW's 3rd start (@DEN):
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/202109260den.htm
19/35 160 yds, 5 sacks, 4.57 Y/A
So according to the MW haters, the logical conclusion to be drawn is that MW sucks forever but ZW is the franchise savior??
Wilson and the team were shutout by Denver BTW.  It was the Broncos only shutout of the season.  No other team scored fewer than 10 pts vs them.
Hard to win a game in which you score 0 pts.

Im sorry did IQs suddenly drop in here ? I thought Mr White was a 5 year vet ???

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk